Chapter 25- Trust me

Author’s note: Thanks so much to everyone who commented and voted on my previous chapter. I am SO glad you all liked Jake and Nessie’s sweet moment together as they shared their feelings for one another.

As I mentioned at the end of the previous chapter, this one takes place 2 years later. You can probably guess what this one will be about. I don’t want to give too much away, so I won’t say what I am particularly nervous about in this chapter (two things actually), but it involves another big moment for Jacob at least :) But I did enjoy writing this chapter; I hope you can see why as you read it!

Also, as outlined in ‘The Twilight Saga: the official illustrated guide’ Embry and Quil joined Jacob’s pack some time after the final battle. I didn’t mention it before now because they hadn’t popped up in my chapters, but they are mentioned in this one, so I just wanted to clarify the above.

Happy reading! I really hope you enjoy it! And remember to comment and vote when you’re done!

Trust me

Chapter 25- Trust me

Jacob’s POV

2 years later

At 8am on the dot, like I have every morning for the past 5 years, I knocked on the cottage door. Today I had a mission which I was determined to complete, though it may be tricky to keep it a secret from Ness… and from Edward- for now.

Normally Nessie would be waiting for me in the living room, which meant she would fling the door open and give me a good morning hug and kiss the moment she heard my footsteps. But today I actually had to wait two seconds before someone opened the door, and Bella let me in. I studied my friend closely wondering where her daughter was. But before I could ask, Bella started laughing at my confusion.

“She’s over at the big house, Jake; Alice visited this morning and insisted that she try on a birthday dress she and Rose bought her.”

“But Nessie’s birthday is not for another month,” I pointed out.

Bella looked at me, one of her eyebrows raised. “Do you know Alice at all? It will probably take a month for her to find the perfect dress for Renesmee,” she sighed however lovingly.

“Ha! Yeah probably,” I agreed. “And where is Edward?”

“Out hunting with Emmett and Jasper; we are forbidden to see her potential birthday dress, so the boys decided to hunt together.”

“So I suppose that means I am forbidden to go over there then?”

“Yep, sorry Jake; Alice stationed me here specifically to stop you.”

I sighed. “Well I guess I can wait; there’s something I wanted to tell you anyway,” I told Bella, as I struggled to keep my nerves under control.

Bella watched me intensely for a moment, her lips turning up into a smile. I was willing to bet anything that she already knew what I wanted to say just from the way I was acting.

“Okay Jake, just hang on a moment; I need to finish cleaning up a bit, then we can talk,” she said politely, and I knew she wasn’t palming me off, she just wanted to get things done so she could focus on what I had to say without being distracted.

Bella began running around the house faster than I could see; clothes seem to magically disappear, and the vacuum cleaner would be on one second then off the next. I decided to make myself comfortable on the couch so I could clear my mind in preparation for what I wanted to say to Bella.

While I sat there, I remembered the moment from two years ago when Nessie and I went to the big house after our talk together. She sprinted into the room where all of the Cullens were standing around talking, undoubtedly about us. I couldn’t help but laugh as I watched Nessie jump excitedly into Bella’s arms as she shrieked with happiness.