Chapter 26- Beautiful

Author’s note: Hi everyone! I dedicate this chapter to h4rryp0tter4ever for being such an amazing reader of mine. She has simultaneously taken up reading ‘Trust me’ as well as ‘To do what is right’ and also read my Psychobiography of Severus Snape. AND as of this morning has started reading ‘It is our choices’ too! And she has commented and voted throughout! Wow!!! Thank you so, so, so much for being such a wonderful reader and commenter, it means so much to me, my friend :) Don’t read this chapter until you’ve caught up though as you might be a bit confused! Thanks so much for reading! You’re awesome!

Thank you all so much for your comments on the previous chapter, I really love hearing from you all! I’m so glad you enjoyed the hunting scene with Jake and Edward; I had heaps of fun writing it!

As I told you at the end of my previous post, this chapter follows on from the last chapter ie. Takes place a couple of hours after Jake gets Edward’s blessing. As you probably guessed, this chapter will include Jake’s proposal (and hence, Ness’ birthday), as well as the mini plotline I thought of a week or so ago.

Also, I wished to ‘warn’ you that the rest of my story (only two chapters after this one! I can’t believe it!) will not feature Charlie. I am so sorry to any big Charlie fans out there, though given none of you have ever mentioned him in comments, I hope you won’t be too devastated. But given the time skipping I have done, and how little he has been mentioned, I didn’t think it was enough to warrant writing him in eg. At Renesmee’s birthday, as I would prefer to focus on the Cullens, Billy and the pack. I’m so sorry!

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this chapter!!! Please remember to comment and vote when you’re done :)

Trust me

Chapter 26- Beautiful

Sam’s POV

Jacob used our alpha connection to inform me of his coming to La Push for a pack meeting, and asked me to inform his father. I had no idea what the reason for the gathering was, but I could tell by the nature of his thoughts that he was happy about something. With this in mind, I ran to Billy’s house to inform him that Jake would soon be joining us.

Billy’s face lit up when I told him; he hadn’t seen Jacob in a few weeks, and we immediately left to meet Jacob in the usual meeting spot in the outskirts of the forest. As I was pushing Billy in his wheelchair, I considered what Jake could be so happy about. Undoubtedly it would have something to do with Renesmee, and I found myself smiling in anticipation of his good news.

The first time I saw Renesmee was when she was in her mother’s arms just prior to the potential battle with the Volturi eight years ago.

Once the battle was over and the Volturi had left, Emily persistently encouraged me to visit the Cullen’s in order to meet Jacob’s imprint. After two weeks, I eventually found the time to concede to her wishes, and insisted Emily come with me given how curious she was to see Bella and Edward’s child. She readily agreed to join me, and on the morning of our intended visit (the Cullens knew we were coming), I asked Jared and Paul if they wished to come with us. Jared was working, so he wasn’t available, though I had the distinct feeling he would be reluctant to come anyway. Paul outright refused and even though his imprint was Jacob’s sister, he still could not accept that a member of the tribe had imprinted on something that was part vampire.

So I drove Emily and myself to the Cullens, feeling somewhat nervous given that Jacob was not the only one who suffered under my hesitations regarding Renesmee; from what I understood, Jasper and Edward were also privy to what I said and how my words had affected Jacob.

When we parked in the Cullen’s backyard, Emily pressed her hand into mine as we walked up to their door. As we approached the house, I could hear them moving inside the living room. By the time we reached the stairs, Jacob was standing at the door with Renesmee in his arms; she was waving at us.