Part Fifteen

[A/N]: I love writing it but at the rate I'm going I'm going to finish it so fast xD ALSO THERE ARE INACCURIES IN THIS CHAPTER AND ANY BUILDINGS MENTIONED ARE OBVIOUSLY COMPLETELY FICTIONAL SO DON'T BE HATING.

Louis awoke to fingers jabbing at the side of his ribs that weren't cut, "Get up, lazy bones. Up, up, up! You're showing me what you do with the jewellery today."

The thief grunted, curling in on himself and trying to wiggle towards his warm assaulter, "No..."

He heard Harry's quiet laughter, but the once prodding fingers turned into cuddling arms, and Louis grinned triumphantly until Harry's lips were against his ear, "What time do you usually do this... thing of yours?"

Louis sighed, keeping his eyes closed, "What time is it now?"

"10am," Harry responded. "We slept a bit late."

"So basically, you're trying to get me out of bed so I'll make you something to eat."

"No!" Harry laughed, kissing Louis' nose. Louis finally allowed his eyes to flutter open, finding Harry merely inches from his face. "I was going to let you keep me company while I made us omelets from the left over tomatoes. We've also got onions, spinach, green peppers... um..."

"Sounds good," Louis hummed. "We can eat breakfast, and then... can you drive me to the hotel that I showed you yesterday?"

Harry frowned at that, pulling back to examine Louis' face, "What are you doing at the hotel?"

"Just meeting a guy... oh, and we'll need the jewellery. He gives me money for it. I actually saw him waiting for us yesterday. It was a little late though, so I don't know why he was there. We always meet at noon. And on Sundays, so he was a day early."

"At that hotel?"

"Yep. But I've only ever stayed there once. I usually try to switch places as much as I can. I've been all over London."

"Wait, you saw him yesterday, what do you mean?" Harry shook his head.

"Like... we drove past the hotel and I saw him there. I just didn't say anything because I didn't want to ask for the jewellery early," Louis admitted.

"Louis," Harry sighed. "You could probably get whatever you wanted out of me. Just saying."

"Because you love me?" Louis asked.

Harry rolled his eyes, "No, because you'd probably suck my dick for it. Yes because I love you, you dolt."

Louis wiggled back a bit to admire Harry's chest, taking the agent being shirtless to his advantage. He gently traced over the fading bruises with a fingertip, running his hand down Harry's tone muscles, "How's your injuries?"

"Mine are fine," Harry assured. "They look worse than they feel. How's your cut?"

"Can barely tell it's there," Louis murmured, pressing a kiss to Harry's collarbones and wiggling down to press a kiss to his sternum. "Do you think we have time to exchange late morning blow jobs?"

Harry groaned, "I really, really want to... but no. I don't think we have time. We need to eat and head to that hotel."

"And then... well, I'll just give you directions after I meet Marcus."

"Marcus?" Harry asked.

"The guy I give the jewellery to..." Louis replied, touching Harry's chest lightly. "You might have to... stay in the car so he doesn't recognise you. He's not a very nice guy, usually has some type of weapon concealed on him."

Harry frowned at that, "And you still interact with him? No way, I'm coming with you."

"Harry, I've done this so many times now. If I've got the jewellery to give him he won't hurt me. But if he recognises you... we could both be in some serious shit," Louis finally wiggled from Harry's arms and sat up. "However... I need to piss."

"And I need to make breakfast," Harry sighed.

Louis climbed from the bed and sleepily stumbled to Harry's dresser, digging through it to find himself some clothes, "Your pants are too long on me. I'll have to roll the cuffs up."

"Who said you could wear my clothes?" Harry arched a brow.

"Do you want me to go naked?" Louis shot back.

"Yes."

"I should have expected that one," Louis sighed, but he pulled himself out jeans and a t-shirt anyway. Harry laughed, climbing stiffly from the bed and kissing Louis' cheek before the older man slipped off to the bathroom. Harry put on some clothes for himself, and then retreated down the hall to the kitchen to begin their breakfast. Louis was quick to join him, walking up behind Harry where he stood at the stove and nuzzled into his back. "I love you."

Harry froze in surprise, and it took him a few moments before he finally connected that he needed to turn around and return the affection. He twisted around slightly, pulling a hesitant looking Louis into a tight hug, "I love you, too. But you lied. You said jewellery was the only thing you ever really stole."

"What-" Louis spluttered, shaking his head in confusion.

"You stole my heart."

Louis blinked at him for a second, "Wow. Wow, that was bad, Harry. I... I'm ashamed."

"But it's true," the agent laughed, planting a kiss on Louis' lips and turning back around to the stove. He stepped over towards the counter however, and Louis could see vegetables placed out on a cutting board. He stood close to Harry and watched silently as he skillfully chopped up tomato, onion, and spinach. "I'm waiting for you to insult my chopping skills."

"Never insult a man with a knife," Louis replied, but then chuckled. "I'm kidding, babe. You've got more skills than I do, so I'm simply admiring back here."

"Well we made a pretty good cooking team yesterday," Harry replied. "Beat some eggs for me?"

"Sure," Louis agreed, leaning carefully around Harry to kiss his cheek.

So Louis beat eggs while Harry placed a pan on the burner, letting it heat before dropping some butter into it and sliding it around the pan. He shook a bit of salt into it as well, and upon the confused glance from Louis, he shrugged, "It won't affect the taste much, but it'll keep the egg from sticking to the pan."

"Ooh, look at you being all fancy," Louis laughed, earning a flick to the nose that was soothed with a kiss.

"Your nose is too cute," Harry admitted. "I feel bad when I flick it."

Louis simply rolled his eyes, but lightly bumped his hip against Harry's. Finally, Harry started making their omelets, and Louis decided he was going to fuck about while he waited. He shimmied around Harry, purposely letting his bum brush the agent as he turned in circles, "Harry I have a confession."

"What, that you're trying to make me burn myself?" Harry huffed.

"No, I'm not actually a thief."

"Is that so?" Harry quirked a brow, but he didn't turn to give Louis the attention he could tell the older man wanted.

"I'm not," Louis insisted. "I'm an... entertainer. A night entertainer. If you know what I mean."

"Are you insinuating that you're a stripper?" Harry held back a chuckle.

"I am," Louis finally stopped brushing against Harry and peered around him into the pan. "Stripper and prostitute."

"Well," Harry shrugged. "How much for life?"

"Nothing you can afford, babe," Louis cooed, kissing Harry's cheek. "But... maybe if the omelets really good I'll reconsider."

"You're such a little shit."

But Harry's omelet did live up to Louis' standards, and he made sure to let the agent know, "Holy shit, Harry. Why did you have me cook food all this time if you can make stuff like this?"

"Well I've lived on my own for quite some time now, I had to learn to cook eventually," Harry laughed, reaching over to Louis' plate to steal a piece of tomato.

"Hey! That was mine!" Louis pouted. "I needed that. I'm about to be malnourished in prison."

Harry frowned at that, shaking his head, but instead of replying he cut off a larger piece of his own omelet and offered it out to Louis. The man happily leaned and ate off of Harry's fork, pushed his fringe out of his eyes, and contently went back to eating his own omelet. It was already 11:00am as they finished, and Louis happily washed his and Harry's dishes as Harry silently dried them, watching Louis hum to himself.

And to think that originally he had been planning on turning Louis in later on in the day. So much had happened in such little time, and Harry didn't want to turn Louis in ever. He wanted to keep the playful, sassy, and kind older lad. He knew for certain that when Wednesday came, it was going to be a rough day for the both of them.

"Louis," Harry murmured, pulling himself out of his thoughts.

"Yep?" Louis smiled at him.

Harry smiled back, then, unable to resist. Because he'd fallen head over heels for Louis. Professional Agent Styles had found one person who could melt him with a simple look, "I love you."

Louis practically lit up, lightly bumping his hip against Harry's, "I love you, too..."

"Well... let's go do this thing," Harry chuckled, drying his hands. "I have to grab a key from my dresser really fast. It's for the jewellery... that's under the passenger seat of my Range Rover."

"Clever," Louis chuckled, shrugging. "It's the last I'm ever stealing, so I'll be kind of glad when it's out of my life."

"I'm just curious to know why you've stolen jewellery for over a year," Harry replied, retreating down the hall to get the key. When he came back, he found Louis was already in his shoes and one of Harry's coats. "Oh. We're in a hurry, now?"

"I just don't want Marcus getting impatient," Louis explained. "He's always more hesitant to hand over the money if I'm late."

Harry didn't like the sound of Marcus much, but he slipped on his shoes and his coat as well, glancing at his gun and holster on the wall, "Um..."

"You won't need that where we're going," Louis assured. "Marcus is the most dangerous part and you'll be staying in the vehicle for that."

"Alright," Harry sighed, slipping from the house and locking the door. He patted his jean pockets, however. "Ah, my wallet-"

Louis held it out to him, and Harry blinked in surprise as Louis blushed, "Everything is still in it, I promise."

"I... how did you..."

Louis simply turned and nearly pranced to the car in the sassy way that he did, and Harry chuckled as he followed him. Harry drove a bit over the speed limit on the outer roads on the way towards London. Louis belted out along with the radio that Harry allowed him to control, but when they neared the hotel, Louis leaned and turned down the volume, "Okay, so Marcus..."

"What about him?" Harry asked, pulling into the car park and scanning the perimeter for any suspicious looking men. He spotted a fairly large one not too far off from where he had parked leaning against the wall of the building, a cigarette perched between his fingers.

"Well he's..." Louis waved his hand searching for the words he wanted. "He's kind of a bully. Because I'm small. But just stay in the car, alright?"

"What do you mean-" Harry began suspiciously.

"Can I have the key?" Louis asked, digging the small box out from underneath the seat. Harry handed over the key, and Louis unlocked the padlock and opened the box. "I'll be right back."

"Wait, is that Marcus?" Harry caught Louis' hand, nodding to the large man.

"That's him."

"Oh my God, Louis, he's fucking massive," Harry hissed. "And he's a 'bully' you said? He could snap you in half, you're insane! No, I'm coming with you."

"Harry," Louis soothed. "I've done this for a year. Just... don't get out of the car, alright? Because if he knows you're a fed- er... sorry if that's derogatory, force of habit... if he knows you work for the FBI he'll definitely kill us. So."

Harry crossed his arms unhappily, "I should have brought my gun..."

"I'll be back," Louis leaned across the middle, kissing Harry softly. "Stay in the vehicle."

And then the smaller man tightened his hand on the Ziploc bag containing the jewellery, climbed from the Range Rover, and began walking bravely towards the large guy leaning against the hotel. He knew that if he showed fear in the slightest, Marcus would push him around a bit just to be a dick. And Louis didn't know how Harry would react to that.

"Louis fucking Tomlinson," Marcus grinned his crooked grin as he spotted Louis approaching. "I was starting to think you weren't going to show for our usual deal. You weren't here last Sunday. Or yesterday."

"Sorry, Marcus," Louis forced a grin as well. "Had a bit of trouble finding a good place to hit. Got one though! Decently, too."

"Show me."

Louis held up the Ziploc baggy, and Marcus reached to snatch it from his hands. But Louis was quicker, stepping out of Marcus' reach, "You know the deal, Marc..."

"Just wanted to see if it felt heavy," Marcus scowled. "See if you actually brought me my money's worth."

"Trust me, it's worth your money."

"Grimshaw told me it wouldn't be."

Louis' eyes widened, "You've spoken to Grimshaw? He's a rat, you know. He'll turn you in if you get on his bad side."

"He'd be dead before he could even try," Marcus huffed, turning around to pick up a bag that he'd hidden behind him. "I don't believe a word he says anyway, s'why I wanted to check."

Louis nodded to the bag in Marcus' hand, "How much is in there?"

"Eighty fifty pound notes. Four thousand pounds here, so you better have hit that store well," Marcus snapped, hoisting up the bag high over Louis' head. "Now see if you can reach it."

"Marcus..." Louis groaned. "I'm giving you the jewellery, just... there's like ten necklaces, fifteen some rings, and several pairs earrings. All of them were really expensive and on front display so-"

"Jump for it."

"God damn it," Louis mumbled, standing on his tip toes and stretching for the bag, he could easily grab the bottom, but then Marcus pushed out with his good hand. He caught Louis' cut ribs, and Louis instantly grabbed his side in slight agony before he caught himself. He only hoped Harry hadn't witnessed what had just happened. "Marcus..."

"Wimp," Marcus rolled his eyes, chucking the bag at Louis' gut and snatching the Ziploc baggy from his hands. "This is a pretty big baggy, I guess. I'm rather impressed. Enjoy wasting that money in your stupid ways, Tomlinson."

Fuck you, Louis thought, but instead, he nodded, "Have a nice day."

He walked as calmly as he could with the bag of money, opening the door to the Range Rover and climbing into the passenger seat. Before he could even speak, Harry was snarling, "Who in the fuck does he think he is?!"

Louis sighed, "He's always like that."

"Do you know how hard it was for me to stay in here?" Harry was positively fuming. "Especially when he- he..."

"Pushed me?" Louis sighed, reaching over and taking Harry's hand. The younger man had clenched it onto the wheel in a white knuckled grip, and Louis pried it off to tangle their fingers together. "I'm alright though. And I have four thousand pounds in this bag here, so..."

Harry examined Louis thoroughly, reaching out to push up Louis' shirt slightly, "Are you hurt?"

"Harry!" Louis laughed gently. "No, no I'm fine. He really didn't shove me hard, I remained standing didn't I? He just hit my cut, so..."

"I..." Harry pinched the bridge of his nose, looking to the building where the man had disappeared. "Okay. Alright. You never have to see him again, so..."

"Just people like him in prison," Louis nodded before he could stop himself. He felt Harry's hand tense in his own.

"No," Harry disagreed. "Nobody's going to fucking touch you. Now... where... where are we taking this money?"

"7504 West Billings Lane," Louis replied. "It's a tall brick house."

"A house?" Harry frowned. "More huge fucking men who need to be shot in their kneecaps?"

"Strange insult, but not quite..." Louis chuckled. "You'll see when we get there."

Harry nodded slowly, keeping Louis' hand in his own as he drove out of the car park. He had Louis type the address into the GPS so Louis didn't have to give constant directions, but other than the noise of the GPS the drive was nearly silent. Finally, Harry sighed deeply, "When Marcus was being a complete and utter shitbag, I... it was very hard for me not to walk up and use all of my combat training on him."

"But I was alright," Louis frowned.

"Yes," Harry nodded. "If he would have done anything else, or if you would have fallen... I know I would have gotten out of the car to kick his ass. The agent in me was screaming at me to. And since it was you, the non-agent side was screaming at me even louder."

Louis blushed a bit, squeezing Harry's hand, "Um... thank you, then. For having my back. Despite all the shit I've put you through in the last year."

"Yeah, well you had my back, as well," Harry sighed. "Before we were even friends, you still had my back. In that storage room full of those boxes when you could have just let Nick Grimshaw splatter my brains all over the-"

"Wow, a bit gruesome for my taste, let's not go there."

Harry laughed, "Basically... you're a fantastic person and I'm not going to let anyone, treat you like that. No one is ever going to hurt you if I have anything to do with it. Alright?"

Louis kissed Harry's knuckles in response, but then they were driving past flats and houses, pulling up in front of the tall brick house that Louis had described. Harry examined it in confusion. It was gated, and inside the gate, the grass was scattered with bikes and children's play things. Louis simply climbed from the vehicle however, with the bag of money, strolling through the gate before turning to look at Harry who still had yet to climb from the vehicle. Louis waved for him to follow, and Harry instantly scrambled from the vehicle to rush after Louis.

"Louis, whose-"

Louis simply took Harry's hand and led him up the sidewalk and porch steps, knocking a playful rhythm onto the door. There was the sound of running from inside, but then there was a slight thud, and the door cracked open very slowly. Harry leaned around Louis to see a small green eye peeking out, and then the door was flung open as a high voice trilled, "Robin!"

Harry not only blanched at the strange name, but a small, dark haired girl flung herself at Louis, hugging him tightly as he laughed, dropping the bag of money and returning the hug whole-heartedly, "Hiya, Lilly."

"Robin's here, guys!" she shrieked into the house, and Harry's eyes widened as several children came sprinting out to greet Louis as well. They all seemed to be young, with the oldest being maybe twelve or thirteen, but there were so many. Harry counted at least eight, listening as a younger boy crowed, "Robin! Robin I learned how to bounce a football on my foot like eight times in a row without it touching the ground, and I-"

"That's awesome, Cal!" Louis praised. "You'll have to show me sometime!"

"Kids, kids!" a woman's voice sounded. A woman with frazzled blonde hair, seemingly in her fifties, made her way into the doorway. "Ah! It's Robin! I should have expected, it is Sunday after all! You just didn't make an appearance last week. We missed you!"

"Sorry about that, Tina" Louis grinned. "I missed you guys, too! Got a little caught up at the, uh... office and what not."

"Understandable," the woman, supposedly named Tina, nodded. "I have trouble escaping work to make it home in time for these nine to get home from school."

Harry continued to examine all the children, practically hiding behind Louis. None of them looked anything alike, nor did any of them look like Tina. He wondered vaguely how none of them recognized Louis from the television, but he figured that Louis wasn't wearing his usual turtleneck, his hair wasn't styled like it usually was, and his face was soft rather than smug. And of course, there was the name change from Louis to Robin. There was suddenly a small blonde child tugging at his trouser leg, and he looked down in surprise, "Hi there..."

"You haven't comed here with Robin before..." she said shyly. "What's your name?"

Harry almost instantly realized that Louis had stolen Robin Hood's name as his identity, and he wracked his brain for a good friend of Robin Hood's, "John..."

He heard Louis stifle a giggle, but then he spoke up, "Yes, my apologies, guys. This is my friend John. He was my ride here today instead of me walking like normal."

"Nice to meet you," Tina stuck a hand out over the heads of all the kids, and Harry reached around the small girl in front of him to shake it. "I'm Tina. How long have you known Robin?"

"Um... about a year," Harry chuckled.

"That's about how long we've known him!" Tina chuckled. "He's a lifesaver, Robin is... this place was so run down before him. The kids were in danger of having to go elsewhere. I mean... I know they'll have to if they're ever adopted, but I just don't want them being moved around all the time. Here they don't have to leave unless they're going to be with a permanent family."

"Oh..." Harry felt his heart clench up. It explained why none of the kids looked alike. "This is a foster home."

"It is," Tina nodded, and Louis pushed the bag of money towards her with his foot as he was slowly being pulled from the porch and into the yard by several of the kids.

"Here you are Tina, I think that should cover bills, utilities, groceries, any other repairs you need to make... and maybe you can still get the kids some new stuff as well. There's uh, about four thousand pounds there."

Tina balked at him, but then he was dragged from the porch, chuckling the whole way. All of the children followed as Louis began to kick a football around with them in the yard, wearing the biggest smile on his face. Harry wasn't sure if he'd seen him glow quite that bright.

"He's... he really is the sweetest man in the universe," Tina sniffled. "I don't... is he rich, do you know? How does he always give us so much money? I almost feel terrible taking it but he insists it's for a good cause... and I didn't want the kids to be all split up and-"

"No, no..." Harry soothed instantly. "It's... the money is for a good cause here. It's good. You all need it. There's ten people here, yeah? You need it..."

"He's a great guy, John," she told Harry. "We'd be lost without him."

"I'm in the same boat, Tina," Harry murmured. "I'd be pretty lost without him, too."

"Goal!" Louis crowed as one of the kids kicked the ball past him, hitting the fence. "Nice one, Owen!"

Louis came back over to join Harry and Tina, leaving the kids to continue their football match, "Sorry, what'd I miss?"

"Just discussing how great you are," Harry told Louis sincerely, reaching out to squeeze the man's hand before putting his own in his pockets. His mind and heart were both racing as he tried to wrap around what was happening. All the money from Louis' thieveries went towards a foster home.

"You're staying for dinner today, Robin, correct?" Tina asked him, but then Louis' face fell a bit.

"I actually shouldn't..." Louis sighed. "After... after today, I don't think I'll be able to come back."

Tina's eyes grew wide, "Oh... you... is everything alright?"

"It's fine," Louis lied. "I've just got a job transfer. To the states. So it's not a maybe I won't come back... it's... it's a definite."

"Oh dear..." Tina bit nervously at her nails. "Well of course you've supplied us with so much for over a year that we've been putting enough in the savings to make it on our own now. But we're all going to miss you so much, Robin. You've been so lovely."

"Um... I don't know if I should... tell the kids?" Louis squeaked. "I don't want to say goodbye because I'd like to think that I'll come back some time..."

"Just give them your normal goodbyes," Tina said softly. "And if you can come back, please do... you don't have to bring anything but yourself. And maybe John here. He seems like a nice guy."

Louis gave a hoarse chuckle, "Yeah. I'm pretty fond of John. I think I'll take him with me anywhere I can."

Harry watched silently as Louis gave large hugs to all of the kids, telling each and every one of them something that could only apply to that child, "Kendra, make sure not to cheat on your maths test! Owen, keep practicing your football, mate, and you'll go pro."

Louis kissed them all on the tops of their heads, suddenly looking like he was going to burst into tears. It hit Harry with full force how attached Louis had grown to them all. Made him realize why he'd been so desperate to do this "one last thing". Louis kissed Tina's cheek, and Tina wiped at her eyes, "We'll see you soon, Robin?"

"Yeah," Louis nodded, swallowing hard. "See you soon."

All the kids waved to Harry, and he nodded to them all before Louis took his hand and led him reluctantly back to the vehicle. The older lad waved as they pulled away from the house, but the moment the house was out of sight, a sob escaped him. Harry's heart clenched, and he reached out for the man, "Oh, Lou..."

"No," Louis caught himself, wiping at his eyes and nose. "Sorry, sorry... I just... I know they're alright. They'll be okay without me. It's alright."

Harry felt his eyes welling up with tears as well. The man sniffling in the passenger seat wasn't like anyone he had ever known. He could have used his crazy thieving skills to grow rich, but he'd given it all to a foster home that needed it more. Harry couldn't even think of Louis as criminal. There was no way in hell a man as sweet and as caring as Louis could be punished as a criminal.

The moment they returned to Harry's house and they were parked safely in the driveway, Harry buried his face into his hands as a few of his own tears spilled over his cheeks and into his hands. A slight sniffle gave him away, forcing a gasp from Louis as he reached across the vehicle to touch Harry, "What- what's the matter, why are you crying?"

"You helped them Louis, you... you made sure their lives didn't become absolute shit. You're a modern day Robin Hood... they called you Robin. All those kids. Nine. And you helped them. They loved you so much."

"Yes," Louis sniffled. "I love them all, too. Each and every one of them. They're like siblings to me, Tina is like a mum..."

"I can't," Harry croaked out, looking up at Louis with teary eyes. "I can't do it."

"Do what?" Louis asked softly, scooting closer to Harry. It broke Harry's heart even more that Louis was pushing all of his feelings back for Harry. Louis was the one having to walk away, Louis was the one who was going to have to go to prison even if Harry couldn't take him there himself. But Louis was trying to comfort him.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to turn you in..." Harry burst into full-fledged tears, something he hadn't done in ages. His rough exterior completely crumbled. Louis simply crawled the remainder of the way to Harry, tucking himself between the agent and the wheel despite accidentally honking the horn a bit. He hugged Harry tightly, burrowing his face into Harry's shoulder, and the two sat sobbing as they held each other, thinking of how big of a mess they were in and dreading Wednesday.

DID YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER? If you liked it you should buy me a coffee :D (please don't feel obligated to, this link explains more - https://Ko-fi.com/A250PZ7 (if you don't feel like copying since it's wattpad and you probably have to type it out, this the link can also be found on my profile :D)