Part Twenty-Four

[A/N]: SORRY I SUCK. SCHOOL IS KICKING MY ASS. Anywho, this chapter is dedicated to PeetaKatniss8 for making me the multimedia! :D

For the next several days, Louis unfortunately had to get worse before he could get better. The next day Harry had returned after Lottie's arrival, Louis began coughing up a disgusting gunk that had apparently settled in his lungs, and it killed the older man's ribs. Harry still visited him though, limping in a way that made Louis want to strangle him for walking. Harry never really got in the way of Lottie or Felicity when they were visiting as well, he simply handed Louis the basin he'd been given, to cough the gunk from his lungs, when he needed it, and rubbed gently at Louis' lower back.

"Why do you keep coming back," Louis asked on the second day of his coughing up gunk. "I'm disgusting."

"Because you're sick, not contagious, and pitiful," Harry had told him fondly, wiping sweat off his brow with a cold cloth. "And I kind of like you"

And unfortunately, Louis was sick and pitiful for five days after. For a few of the days, Louis' fever was so high, even with the medicine he was given, that he moaned pitifully for Harry even if it was only his mother in the room with him.

"Where's my Egghead," he'd whimpered. "Want m'Egghead..."

His mother could do nothing but give him the basin to cough into and stroke his hair sadly, "He's working, baby. He'll visit later, though. He always visits."

Harry felt horrible that he wasn't there when Louis was asking for him, and firmly considered taking off work since his ankle was only seeming to worsen. But he stayed, and he was glad he did, because on the fourth day that Louis was sick, Nick Grimshaw was sentenced to fifteen years in prison for voluntary manslaughter and grand theft. However, he knew that if Nick Grimshaw was charged for grand theft, then his Robin Hood would no doubt be charged for it as well. But Harry swore he'd have Olly find Louis a good lawyer since Louis no doubt couldn't afford one of his own, and they'd tell the court all about why Louis had done what he did.

Harry went straight to the hospital as soon as he could get out of work. He raced straight for Louis' room in the hospital, nodding to the guards as he slipped inside. However, Louis was asleep beneath Harry's two coats, and Jay was reading by the window.

She sighed as she closed her book, looking to Harry, "It's been a long day."

"Ah..." Harry said softly, inching over to stroke Louis' hair off his feverish forehead. Louis' nasal tubes, that had become a twenty-four hour thing for the poor man, were whistling softly. "He's been feverish all day?"

"And asking for his 'Egghead'," Jay nodded.

Harry frowned down at Louis, whispering to the sleeping lad, "I'm sorry..."

"He didn't cough up as much mucus today," she said slowly. "I don't know if it's because there's not much left or if because it's settled further into his lungs."

"Let's hope for the first," Harry replied, but then grinned largely. "Guess who got fifteen years to prison today? Nick Grimshaw."

"The man who shot my baby boy?" Jay gasped.

Harry nodded happily, "Bastard got what was coming to him."

"I'm so happy!" Jay breathed in relief. "So Louis is safe?"

"Never really was in danger," Harry promised. "I wouldn't allow it. But he's going to be ecstatic."

"Something tells me he's just going to be glad that you're here. By the way, why are you walking if you're limping still?"