Part Twenty-Eight

[A/N]: We're so close to finishing this omg.... but this chapter is dedicated to ZEN from @youhadonejob for making THE ADORABLE FANART NO SERIOUS GO LOOK ITS SO CUTE. IT'S HARRY READING SHERLOCK HOLMES TO LOUIS sdkfjsdkfsd.

Harry was seated next to Louis' bed, gazing at the man. Louis wasn't saying much, and was staring at the wall. It was almost strange how quiet it was, and Harry wasn't entirely sure where his mother and Jay had gone. He opened up his mouth to try and initiate conversation. Conversation usually flowed just as well as Louis' sassy comebacks did. However, Harry couldn't seem to find what he wanted to say, so he closed his mouth once more.

Louis' head snapped up then, looking to the door. Harry turned to see if Louis had heard something he hadn't, and his heart instantly dropped. Nick Grimshaw was standing in the door, a smirk on his long face. Harry leaped to his feet, prepared to launch himself at Nick Grimshaw, to yell at the guards outside the door to fucking do something because he wasn't armed and Nick was supposed to be in jail. The dark-haired man pulled out a gun and aimed.

"Harry!" Louis protested as Harry stumbled into the line of fire, all training gone with clumsiness left in its place.

Nick didn't say anything, only grinned, moved his finger from the trigger guard to the trigger, and he fired, the sound surprisingly not as deafening as it should have been in the enclosed room. Harry wasn't wearing a vest. And he waited for the hit, but the hit never came. Nick slipped back out the door and Harry patted at himself frantically before whirling around to soothe Louis. He knew Louis would have to be freaking out, and horror and nausea hit him full on.

Blood was dripping from the center of Louis' forehead, could be seen gruesomely coating the wall, pillows, and bed behind Louis. And Louis' blue eyes, the eyes Harry was coming to love so much, were lifelessly staring back at Harry.

"Oh no," Harry mumbled numbly, stumbling forward to seize Louis' face in his hands gently. "No..."

Louis didn't smile back. Couldn't smile back.

"No!" Harry repeated, sinking onto the bed next to Louis and frantically checking for a pulse. Nothing. He stroked Louis' cheeks, smearing a bit of blood across them. Louis even had blood in his lovely brown hair. A lot of it, so much that Harry had to lean away to vomit into the waste bin next to Louis bed. When he sat back up, Louis was still laying there dripping blood down his forehead, and then Harry was wailing. "No, no, no, no-"

Harry forgot all about Louis' ribs and slipped onto the bed with Louis, pulling him to his chest. Louis' head slumped onto Harry's shoulder, and he could feel the sticky warmth soaking through his shirt as he gurgled out, "No, baby, please, no- Louis!"

Blindly he swung out for the nurse's call button, missing. He looked up from Louis' blank eyes, suddenly finding that he was too blinded with tears to see much of anything. However, the call button was gone, "Fuck-"

Harry sobbed out the curse, smacking the wall with the hand that wasn't clutching onto Louis, but then Louis vanished from his arms. Simply dissolved like he hadn't even been there at all. But the blood, all the blood was there, and Harry could still feel the warmth that had literally been leaving Louis' body as the seconds had ticked by. Harry screamed out in anguish.

"Harry!"

The young agent rocketed up in bed, sweaty and with his bad arm throbbing. His mother was clutching onto his good arm anxiously, giving him a concerned look. And it hit Harry with such an extreme wave of relief that it had all been a dream, "Fucking shit. I can't take that pain medication anymore. I won't. That..."

"You were thrashing and screaming love, what on earth..." his mother shook her head. "I thought you were being killed there for a-"

Harry flinched a bit at her wording, shaking his head, "What time is it? Can we go see Louis?"