Part Twenty-Five

[A/N]: I had a presentation today. I wung (winged?) said presentation. This chapter is dedicated to tommoandbambi for making me the cool fanart in the multimedia!

Harry woke up with a headache and an extremely stiff arm. Before he could even comprehend where he was at, there was a blonde haired man hovering over him, "Hiya, mate."

"What..." Harry mumbled in confusion, his voice groggy.

"Harry!" Zayn's voice gasped. "How does your arm feel?"

Harry turned to blink at Zayn in surprise, and then he remembered it all. Going into the petrol station, feeling the burning hit to his arm, and then Zayn dragging him from the building only for him to pass out on the older man's shoulder. Harry's eyes widened, "Shit, did you get the guy? Christ, I'm sorry lads, I should have manned up and-"

"Harry," Zayn scoffed. "You passed out from fucking blood loss. 'Manning up' wouldn't even prevent that from happening. And yeah, we got him. Don't apologise."

"Did it get my brachial artery or something?" Harry shook his head. "No, I'd probably be dead if that happened."

"Hit just to the right," Zayn shook his head. "You're so lucky. If the guy had been a better shot he could have even got you where the vest doesn't cover. Beneath your arm. It was a close one, mate."

"I'm guessing I had surgery, then?" Harry asked. "But I'm in clothes..."

"Sweats and a t-shirt," Zayn nodded. "We put you in them."

"Yeah, they already got the bullet out of you arm," Niall explained. "Had to do a minor surgery. But I bet you could leave if you really want-"

"Don't tell him that!" Zayn backhanded Niall across the chest, and Harry laughed aloud.

"Thanks, Nialler," he grinned. "I'm not too fond of being in hospi- Louis!"

Harry felt horrible then, he didn't know how but the thought of his Robin Hood had completely slipped his mind. He moved to climb from the bed, but Zayn was instantly there and shaking his head, "Is probably in a better condition than you are-"

"Did you tell him where I was? What hospital is this?" Harry asked anxiously.

"I didn't," Zayn shook his head. "And Louis is still in this hospital. But he's in the ICU. You aren't."

Harry blanched, "You didn't tell him where I was? Zayn I asked you to tell him! He's going to think I just abandoned him or something. I'm going to see him."

"No, no," Zayn protested. "You need to sit and relax, you just woke up from surgery!"

"Fuck off," Harry grumbled. "I'm perfectly fine and I want to see Louis."

Niall sneakily pressed the call button, and moments later a nurse came into the room with a helpful smile, "Everything alright?"

"Yes," Harry smiled, shooting Niall a pointed look. "I'd like to make a visit to a friend in the ICU. Is it alright for this IV to come out?"

"Can you keep fluids down?" the nurse asked hesitantly.

Harry pursed his lips, "I don't see why I wouldn't be able to..."

Niall sighed, and Harry watched as the blonde looked to Zayn, "I guess we are dealing with Harry Styles here. When his other arm was grazed he laughed about it the entire way to the hospital. He would be the one to just get up after surgery and go visit his boy-"

Zayn coughed loudly to cut off the man, but the nurse didn't seem to be paying any attention. Harry breathed a sigh of relief, and Niall winced in apology. But then the nurse was removing the IV from Harry's hand and lightly touching his wrapped arm, "The doctor should probably still come talk to you about this. You've got stitches from surgery."