Part Nineteen

[A/N]: I hope you don't hate me. This chapter is dedicated to lollarryisntreal (but it is?) for the fanart they made me! It's in the multimedia like always :)

Niall and Zayn made Harry sit on the couch, after he'd scrubbed his hands clean of Louis' blood for a good eight minutes, while they called Agent Payne, as he kept trying to go back out to get into his Range Rover.

"You're not driving," Niall told Harry gently. "I don't care what you say, but we'll drive you to the hospital. Maybe we should have them look you over as well, just to make sure-"

"I'm not going into shock," Harry snapped. "I just need to see Louis. Now if you would be as kind as to-"

"Shh!" Zayn hissed, and then quickly began to speak as Agent Payne presumably answered. "Agent Payne, sir. Agent Horan and I are still at Agent Styles' with Agent Styles. We were just curious as to why we were removed from the Tomlinson case when we're perfectly capable of-"

Zayn paused, his eyes flickering onto Harry. Harry simply looked away, his eyes falling onto his comforter that he figured Louis had abandoned, "Oh..."

"Shhh," Niall hushed gently.

"Gotcha," Zayn sighed. "Okay. That makes sense, sir. But can we know what hospital he's at? Alright... thank you."

Like always, Agent Payne hung up without a farewell, and Harry waved off Niall's hands so he could reach the comforter on the floor, "Well?"

"Uh," Zayn scratched his head in a stalling manner. "Harry-"

"Tell me," Harry clutched at the comforter tighter. He hasn't smelled it yet. He knew it'd smell like Louis. And he was terrified that Zayn was about to say they couldn't have the case back because the criminal was deceased. But Louis wasn't a criminal. Harry's heart couldn't handle it if he was deceased.

"He said the case got too personal," the dark haired man swallowed hard. "Since Tomlinson kept saving you. You're not being accused of anything... but he feels that it's for the best."

Harry felt relief wash over him, but then the worry was spiking right back up in his chest. He still didn't know how Louis was. Didn't want to focus much on it until he was at the hospital with the man, "Let me up."

"We still have a bit before we go to the-" Niall tried.

"I don't care that we're still supposed to be working, I left over an hour ago! I'm not an agent for the time being and I'm going to see Louis, goddamn it! What hospital is he at?"

Zayn suddenly turned and strode into the kitchen, and Niall looked after him in desperation. He wasn't too fond of being left alone with Harry. But Harry didn't give Niall any trouble, simply buried his face into the comforter and breathed in deeply. Like he had expected, it smelled like Louis. But there wasn't hair tickling his jaw and face, wasn't cold feet touching his ankles, and there wasn't grinning man insulting him and softening the blows by snuggling against him, "Why the hell did he tackle Grimshaw? I had back up, why did he-"

"He was afraid for your life and didn't want anything to happen to you. What would you have done?" Niall interrupted.

"That's different! I'm trained for that stuff and I'm about the same size as Nick. Louis is... he's a thief and he's tiny, he's not decent at combat. He's more about stealth than power..."

"It might seem different to you, but it probably didn't seem different to Louis. You were in danger and he wasn't going to stand by and let you be the one who ended up getting shot. He's not trained but he's got a soft spot for you-"

"He loves me," Harry whispered, lifting his face from the comforter. "And I love him, I was going to try and see if he could stay with me. I wasn't going to turn him in."

"I wouldn't have minded," Niall replied. "He kept you off our asses. And by that, I mean he made you happy. Not sure how being insulted and teased all the time made you happy but-"

Harry gave a sad smile, "He told me he didn't actually think I had an egghead."

"But you kind of do mate-"

"I will punch you square in the throat."

"Right," Niall said slowly. "Only Louis can speak to you like that."

Harry's shoulders slumped, "I need to see him. I've got to make sure he's okay, he has to be-"

"Harry," Zayn came back into the room, holding his phone out towards the lead agent. "Someone wants to speak to you."

The man sat straight up, his eyes widening, "Louis?"

"Not even remotely."

Harry angrily snatched the phone from Zayn then, snapping into it, "Styles."

"Well hello to you too..."

"Mum," Harry croaked in surprise, and then he looked at Zayn in disbelief. The man had called his mother? "Do you need something?"

"Zayn's worried about you," she replied. "And so now he's got me worried. Care to explain what's happening? Don't you dare lie to me, Harry Edward. Don't make me come over there."

"I'm just really worried about someone and my oh so lovely teammates won't let me go see them," Harry huffed. "At the hospital. He's hurt all because of me and I... I need to see him. To make sure he's okay."

"He keeps repeating that, Anne," Zayn called out until Harry gave him a seething look.

"I'm not the one hurt. He saved my life."

"You're saying that this person saved you," Anne said uneasily. "What's their name and how did they save you exactly? Or do I even want to know? I know that you're great at what you do, love, but I'm a mum and your job makes me a little more than just uneasy."

Harry inhaled a deep breath, deciding he'd tell his mother everything. He'd wanted to do it in person, wanted her to meet Louis herself, but now he couldn't even see Louis and he just wanted someone like his mum to tell him that everything would be alright, "Do you remember hearing about Louis Tomlinson?"

"That cocky thief that always sassily mocks you through videos that he leaves at crime scenes?" my mother asked. "I remember hearing you complain about how much you disliked him, why?"

Harry gave a strangled laugh, "Oh God, because I don't dislike him anymore. I... I fell in love with him?"

Anne was silent for a few moments, but then she spoke slowly, "Harry... is this some sort of joke?"

"No, mum," Harry said softly. "I fell in love with him. He's unbearably sweet. You've seen him, right? Madly beautiful."

"He's the sassiest little fucker ever," Zayn grumbled. "Not to me, of course. I'd break his stupid arms-"

"You wouldn't fucking touch him," Harry stood, feeling his heart clench as Zayn talked about Louis in such a way when Louis was hurt. Zayn instantly held up his hands.

"Whoa, whoa-" he motioned for Harry to sit back down. "Note to self... if Louis is injured, don't insult him."

"Mum," Harry turned his attention back to the phone. "Just trust me. Louis' not bad. About an hour ago Nick Grimshaw had me at gunpoint and I was completely defenseless. There were two whole teams standing by, but no one could do anything while Nick was so focused. And then Louis snuck up behind him and diverted his attention, but he tried to tackle Nick at the same time one of our agents tried to shoot Nick, so Louis ended up... being hit. It was all my fault."

"Oh..." Anne murmured. "Is he alright?"

Harry's eyes fluttered shut, his grip tightening on the phone, "I don't know. It... it would have just been a graze? But it broke his ribs. And then a rib punctured his lung. He was going into shock when the ambulance took him from me, and oh God, I don't know whether or not he's okay..."

"Then... I guess go to him, dear. If you're that fond of him isn't he more important than everything else? Even if that includes your job?" she asked, and Harry didn't even have to think about it before he was giving a hum of agreement. Louis was far more important than being lead agent. Harry was prepared to give up anything for Louis. His mother continued, however. "But Harry, dear, don't... be careful, alright?"

"Louis wouldn't hurt me," Harry said softly. "I'll talk to you soon, mum, but right now I really need to go see Louis before I break something. Or someone."

Zayn and Niall both took a large step back, and Niall croaked, "I think we should drive him to the hospital early..."

"Goodbye, mum, love you," Harry said absentmindedly, but then he hung up the phone and marched past Niall and Zayn.

Niall scrambled after him, "Harry at least let one of us drive."

"I'm perfectly capable of driving," Harry told them, walking towards the driver's side of his Range Rover once he'd walked out the front door. But then he paused in front of it, his breath hitching. He could very well see the grass where Louis had fallen. It was splotched with blood, and Harry had to grab on to his vehicle to keep from falling to his knees again as his head spun.

"Jesus Christ," Zayn mumbled, hesitantly grabbing Harry's arm to pry the keys from his hand. "You're not driving, I'm the only one who knows what hospital he's at. We'll take the Suburban so we can turn on the lights, alright? We'll get there faster."

"He lost so much blood," Harry whispered.

"You've seen more blood than that, Harry, come one," Niall urged. "Don't make me hold your hand."

Harry didn't protest, just as long as they were going to the hospital he no longer cared how he got there. Niall let him take the passenger seat, and Zayn flipped on the lights like he'd said he would, "At least they caught Grimshaw. Shit, that man is insane. I think he was just jealous of Louis, that's literally the only reason he had a problem with you."

"He didn't know that Louis and I liked each other," Harry said softly.

"I mean he was jealous that Louis was more widely known," Zayn explained. "Up until now, no one knew who Nick Grimshaw was. And his attempts at fame were pointless because Louis' going to be more well known. A fucking modern day Robin Hood."

"He's brilliant," Harry mumbled, examining his hands, the hands that had once had Louis' blood on them, until Zayn swung out at him.

"Stop that," he huffed. "There's nothing on your hands."

Niall leaned forward, "Just relax, Harry. Even if we were there we probably wouldn't be allowed to see him. If anything, we'd have to stand outside his door and make sure he didn't leave the room when he was well enough."

"I just want them to tell me that he's okay," Harry hunched over in the seat. "I just need to know that."

The two other agents left Harry to wallow in his own self-blaming thoughts, and the moment Zayn was parking in the visitors section of the car park, Harry climbed from the vehicle and strode towards the hospital entrance. By the time Niall and Zayn caught up, Harry was already flashing his badge and asking for Louis.

"Fifth floor, ICU," the nurse murmured, checking a computer. "He can't have visitors as it appears he's being stabilized for surgery. Yet there's a few other agents up there as well... is this man safe?"

"He wouldn't hurt anyone," Harry assured. "Thank you."

He was alive. Harry could hear his own heartbeat as strode for the lift, Niall and Zayn close behind him. As the lift dinged on the fifth floor, Harry rushed out into the corridor, hurrying towards the waiting room where he could see Agent Murs and a few others. Zayn groaned, "Harry wait-"

Agent Murs lifted his head, in surprise, and his eyebrows shot up, "Agent Styles... you're not on this case?"

"No, I'm not," Harry agreed, sitting next to Agent Murs. "But I'm human, and I'd like to make sure the man that saved my life lives. Is that going to be a problem, Agent Murs?"

The man blinked at him, sighing, "I told you to call me Olly. And no. It's not a problem."

"Call me Harry, then."

Zayn and Niall hesitantly sat down on the other side of Harry, waving awkwardly to Olly, "Er... we were his ride here."

"How was he in the ambulance?" Harry asked nervously.

"Well his heart rate kept rising because of the shock, and they were afraid he was going to go into cardiac arrest... but he never did. They said the gunshot wound wasn't even his problem, although his rapid loss of blood wasn't good. But his broken ribs and punctured lung are what was slowly killing him," Olly explained, and Harry winced. "They're performing cardiothoracic surgery, however. So they're going to fix up the tissue damage to his lungs, but they also have to reposition his ribs and fix the tissues punctured by it. They said it was lucky that bullet wasn't lodged in him, because it would have been a messier situation. But it also means a lot of paperwork on my part."

"I'd take that off your hands," Harry mumbled.

Olly blinked a few times, but motioned to Harry with his head, "Come over here with me for a few seconds?"

Harry moved to stand, but Zayn caught his arm. Harry nodded, "It's fine."

The dark haired agent sat back hesitantly as he and Niall watched Harry follow Agent Olly Murs out of ear shot. Olly turned back towards Harry once he was sure no one was able to hear them.

"You know him."

"Zayn?" Harry asked innocently. "Yeah, he's-"

Olly smiled at Harry's quick ability to change the subject, shaking his head, "Slow down. You know Tomlinson."

"No."

"Agent Styles... Harry," Olly sighed. "I'm not going to report you for knowing someone, we can't... control what the people we know do sometimes. Is he related to you? I know he personally singles you out in the videos, I've watched a few-"

"We aren't related," Harry said firmly. "I can't tell you more. I'm sorry."

"But I'd like to understand more as to why you care so much about him. If you don't recall, you saved my ass too when I was shot in the arm," Olly leaned in closer. "But you don't see me following you around and making sure you go unharmed. He means something to you. I'm not an idiot, Harry."

"He's not a bad person," Harry admitted. "Nearly everything he stole, all the money... it went to a fucking foster home for children. They thought his name was Robin."

"How did you..." Olly mumbled.

"He showed me."

"Through a video or-"

"Personally."

The other lead agent was silent for a minute, running his hand over his hair, "Oh. Wow. So... you've been out with him while he's had a warrant out for his arrest."

"Yes. I was going to turn him in tomorrow and he was going to come willingly. Actually, I had changed my mind today. I wasn't going to take him in, he was going to stay with me. And you know why? Because I fell in love with him. He's an idiot, and I'm an idiot, and we apparently found some fucking mutual idiocy between each other and fell in love," Harry angrily whispered. "I could lose my job, but at this point Louis could lose his life. And he's far more important to me than busting drug addicts and being shot at. So please. Feel free to turn me in."

Harry moved to storm past Agent Murs, but the man gently grabbed for Harry's elbow, "Wait... okay. I'll help you."

Harry shook his head, "Wait what?"

"Yeah. I'll help you. Just tell me what you want to do with him and I'll do it. Obviously he's been caught so he can't go back and be with you. But-"

"No, stop," Harry interrupted. "This doesn't just happen. You're the fourth person to just blink at me, shrug, and accept the fact that I'm romantically involved with someone that is one of England's most wanted."

"You're Agent Harry Styles," Olly chuckled. "When have you ever been wrong?"

"These teams are so fucked up," Harry murmured in disbelief, but then offered Olly a sad and grateful smile. "But we trust each other. And trust is more important when you're backing someone up at a crime scene than looking at someone's weak areas."

"And Tomlinson definitely makes you weak, Mr. I Almost Passed Out At The Sight Of Blood," Olly smirked, but Harry winced.

"Can we not talk about the blood? Let's talk about Louis' prosecution," Harry said firmly. Because Louis would be coming home with Harry, he'd be fine. He had to be.

"What did you have in mind?" Olly arched a brow.

"House arrest. My address. Community service for however long they please. If they want a bail, I'll give them a bail. Louis doesn't have a violent history. He wasn't even stealing for his own benefit."

"He doesn't have a house of his own, but I'm not sure if we could give your address without suspensions going awry. Does he have parents?" Olly asked.

"A mum," Harry nodded. "Who he really does want to see when he's no longer wanted under warrant."

"There'll be no holding cell, though, I'll give you that," Olly said. "He'll more than likely go straight from the hospital to the court room."

"No jail time," Harry repeated. "Contact his mother. He said they were close. She'll want to know he's been hurt."

"It's all over the news," Olly said. "If she's not here yet, something tells me she isn't coming."

"I'll call her then," Harry huffed. "The hospital can look up Louis's records and use that to link to his mother."

"The hospital has tried to get in contact with one of Louis' family members. None of the numbers are all up to date, they've all been changed."

"Probably because we wouldn't leave them alone about him," Harry ran a hand guiltily over his face. "Someone at the bureau used to always try and contact family to see if Louis stayed with them. So they changed numbers, I guess."

Zayn suddenly stood and came striding towards them, giving Olly a pointed look, "Is everything alright?"

"Just discussing Tomlinson's persecution," Olly murmured in a guarded tone.

"He knows," Harry explained.

"Oh," Olly nodded. "That's good."

"You, Zayn, Niall, and my mother," Harry sighed, but then he looked to Zayn. "Is someone at the bureau right now?"

"I was actually headed back to pick up my own vehicle," Zayn murmured. "Why?"

"Look up Louis' mother?" Harry asked him. "I don't know her last name, it won't be the same as Louis'. But I think he said her first name was Johannah..."

"I'll just run a background check on Johannah Tomlinson and see where it goes from there," Zayn sighed. "I'm leaving Niall with you, but I'll be back to give you a ride home."

"I wasn't going to go home until they kicked me out," Harry admitted. "And I need to call Louis' mother... or... Olly needs to?"

"You should do it," Olly sighed. "I might be lead agent, but when a loved one or relative is hurt you aren't going to want someone who is about to take them to court. You want someone who you actually believe cares whether or not your loved one lives or dies."

Zayn lightly tapped Harry's back, "I'll get you the number and I'll text it to you, alright. Then I might pick up some food before I come back. Want anything?"

"Not hungry, but thanks," Harry replied, glancing down at his hands. It was almost like he could still feel blood on them. He wanted to wash them again.

Zayn left after asking Niall what he wanted to eat, and Olly went to sit back down as Harry slipped off to the bathroom. He washed his hands several times over before he returned back to the waiting room, sliding into the chair by Olly. The man looked at Harry's red-scrubbed hands, pursing his lips, "He's currently in surgery. They wanted to make sure that we were prepared to guard his door the second he was out. So he doesn't try and make a break for it."

"He wouldn't," Harry mumbled. "He'd stay."

"I really hope he's as good as you say he is, Harry," Olly sighed. "If he's that good, I think it'll be simple for a lawyer to convince the court not to send him to jail. House arrest and community service actually seems achievable. Of course it might not be light house arrest, we're talking only allowed to leave for certain matters and to do his community service, but it's better than prison."

Harry nodded slowly. They couldn't do much else but wait for Louis to get out of surgery, or in Harry's case pray to whoever was listening that Louis was alright. He'd been an agent long enough to know that you gunshot wounds and punctured lungs weren't things you could just brush off. Harry only hoped Louis' body was as strong as his sassy mind. After thirty minutes of picking at the fabric of his pants and nearly gnawing his lower lip off, his phone vibrated in his pocket with a text message.

It startled him, snapping him out of his worry and slight daze as he stood to his feet before he realized that he was standing for absolutely no reason. He pulled his phone from his pocket and sat back down slowly, feeling Niall pat his knee but then go back to talking to Olly around him. But in the text was a number sent from Zayn, reading: Johannah Poulston, I'm thinking this is her. I had to go through a credit card company to get it, but I got it.

Harry stood once more, walking away from the talking agents and holding up his phone to let them now he was taking a call. For some reason, he felt a nearly strangling anxiety as he stared at the call number option his phone gave him. He made calls to family members of people all the time, and in some cases it was to tell them even worse news than what he'd be telling Louis' mother. So he sucked in a deep breath, hit the button, and brought the phone to his ear. It was ringing twice, and then a woman's skeptical voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Poulston?" Harry asked softly. "Johannah, correct?"

"That's me..."

"Hello ma'am, sorry to bother you, but... do you know a Louis Tomlinson?" the agent only hoped that this Johannah really was Louis' mother.

"Not this again!" she snapped. "You're not going to do this to me again, call me about my son one more time and I'll-"

"He's hurt."

There was a sharp gasp on the other side of the line, "He's what? My son, my Louis? What's happened to him, is he-"

"He's in surgery right now," Harry murmured, telling her which hospital it was. "How far are you from London?"

"I'm in London," she whispered. "I... I need to come see him. I don't know if he'll want me to, but-"

"He'll want you to," Harry assured. "He misses you. He's... he's going to turn himself in so that he can finally be free of his crime. So he can see you and his sisters. But we're going to make sure he won't go to prison. It's really fantastic that you live in London, because if you'd be willing he could be under house arrest at your residence."

"Yes, yes!" the woman sounded as if she were in tears. "I'm willing, I'm more than willing. My poor baby. We've missed him so much. He can have Lottie's old room, she's at university. She lives with a friend there, but I'll have to call her and tell her to come down. She'll want to see Louis. We all want to see Louis, I- wait. Who is this?"

"I'm... a friend of Louis'," Harry said, which wasn't entirely a lie. But he felt guilty, so he sighed. "But I'm also Agent Harry Styles."

"You son of a-"

"No, no, ma'am!" Harry insisted desperately, but then he dropped his voice lower so that no one around could hear. "I- your son and I are on good terms, he... he's stayed with me for the past week because we had a deal. I was going to give him a chance to do a few final things before I took him to jail, but in that short amount of time he's shown me that he doesn't belong in jail. And he's shown me that he has the biggest heart out of anyone I've ever met. Please come see him, you don't have to pay any mind to me and I'll make sure you aren't harassed by any of the agents. I'm not even on Louis' case anymore, but you cannot tell anyone what I've told you. Promise me, Ms. Poulston."

She was quiet for a few moments, but she finally breathed, "Jay. Call me Jay. And I won't tell anyone right away... but if Louis tells me something other than what you've just told me, then you better bet I'm telling anyone that I possibly can."

Harry blinked in surprise, instantly noticing where Louis got his sassy attitude from, "Yes ma'am... call me Harry."

"I need to gather the girls and call Lottie," Jay sniffed. "Okay."

"They should let you up since you're family," Harry said. "But if they don't, call me back and I'll come down to get you."

"Alright. Thank you. Goodbye."

"See you soon," Harry murmured, hanging up the phone and running his hand over his face. Louis was going to need his mother, and Harry was more than happy to reunite them. Because he needed Louis, and he needed Louis to get past his injury. He went and sat back down with Olly, looking at the older lead agent. "Lo- Tomlinson's mother is coming."

"Really?" Niall asked. "That's... that's good."

"You don't have to call him Tomlinson in front of me," Olly murmured under his breath.

"Olly, don't let any of your agents question her. That's not what Louis wanted. He purposely shut down all forms of contact with her so she wouldn't be bothered. She has nothing to do with his decisions."

"Okay, Harry," the man nodded, turning to the few other agents. "Listen guys, Tomlinson's mother is going to be here, but she's not needed for questioning. So don't even try. She knows nothing."

Harry waited about another twenty minutes before a man came out in scrubs, observing the agents in the room curiously, "Which... one do I talk to?"

"Us," Olly stood, pointing to Harry as well.

Harry stood in surprise, expecting that Olly would just tell him what the doctor had said, but the doctor didn't lead them away to tell them anything. Harry took it as a good sign, but his heart was still racing as the man began to speak, "So the surgery went well. We've fixed the damage done to his lung tissue by making a small incision a little under his left armpit, which was also good for his ribs since they needed realigned and taped. He's also been put in a brace as well that he must be wearing at all times for the next six weeks, perhaps further. But we'll check how his ribs are healing in six. He's been given a blood transfusion, and his side has been healed with stitches that can be removed in about two weeks."

"When do you believe he'd be able to attend court?" Olly asked. "Obviously he needs to be properly healed."

"He could more than likely go in a wheelchair once his stitches have been removed," the doctor said. "He's still unconscious and he's being moved to his room, and he's on quite a lot of painkillers. We'll have to let him wake up to make sure he's fine, but for now he'll be sleeping. Once he's settled we're going to try and remove the ventilator so his lung can start healing almost immediately. We don't want his lung growing dependent on it."

"I'll have agents that'll be taking shifts outside his door all throughout his stay. Just to make sure he doesn't try and make an escape. But he's harmless, so you don't have to worry there," Olly told the doctor.

"And he'll live?" Harry asked, trying to keep himself as professional and composed as possible.

"He'll live," the doctor nodded. "It's like whoever he was shot by wasn't even trying to hit him. I'm going to go make sure he's situated in his room. He'll remain in the ICU until further notice since damage was done to a major organ. I'll be back to show you his room and retrieve chairs for your agents to keep guard in."

Harry's knees nearly went weak with relief, and while Olly thanked the doctor, Harry continued to stand in the same spot while the doctor walked away. The other lead agent tugged gently on his arm, "Come sit while they make him comfortable."

"He's okay," Harry breathed. "He's going to be alright..."

"Harry, look over by the lift," Olly instructed.

And Harry was forced to snap out of his dazed relief as a brown haired woman came in, with three girls hurrying in behind her. Two still seemed quite young, but one seemed like she could be nearly out of schooling if she wasn't already, and the oldest was ushering the two younger ones. They walked straight to the desk of the ICU, but Harry hurried to meet them, "Jay, yes?"

"Jerry?" she asked.

"Er... Harry," he nodded. "But yeah. Same thing."

The three girls behind Jay eyed Harry skeptically, and Jay narrowed her eyes at him, "What do you know about Louis' condition?"

"He's okay," he told them, a large grin spreading across his face. "He'll be alright."

"What happened to him, I never even asked... I was just so relieved to hear about him. Well, not that he was hurt, but-"

"I understand," Harry nodded. "He's wanted to contact you... but he didn't want them to bother you."

"Over a year," she said softly. "Without a call or anything. I knew what he was doing because of the news. That's the only way I knew that he was alright."

"He's," Harry gave a fond smile. "He's something special. Clever as anything. There's a reason no one caught him. I didn't even catch him. He came to me. To warn me that my life was in danger, but that was after he'd already saved my life. And he's hurt right now because of me, because he saved my life for a third time and ended up with a bullet to his side because of it-"

"He was shot?!" Jay gasped, her hands flying to her face.

"Yes," Harry whispered. "More of just a graze, the bullet didn't enter his body. But it made him bleed pretty badly and broke his ribs... and then his lung was punctured, which is why we're here right now. But he's alright. His surgery is done, they've fixed his ribs. Come sit over away from the rest of the agents with me? You can ask any questions you have."

Jay made sure to keep herself between Harry and the girls, but she followed him to the far corner of the waiting room. Niall gave Harry a concerned look, but Harry waved him off. Almost immediately Jay was looking sternly at Harry, "I want you to tell me right now why you even give a damn about my son if you've been trying to take him to jail for over a year."

"Because I'm in love with him," Harry said wholeheartedly. "And Louis is in love with me. I was going to wait for him so we could tell you together, but I said I'd answer any questions you had."

"Is he in love with you?"

"I think he is," Harry nodded. "He... he said he was. And he saved me."

Jay bit her lip, rubbing her eyes, "Alright. He's okay. That's all I'm asking for."

Olly suddenly came over, interrupting the conversation, "Harry, they're taking us to Louis' room. Would you want to...?"

Harry stood instantly, but then he looked to Jay, "Um... take her to see him first. She's his mother. I'll just have to wait a little longer to see him."

"Why don't you both just come?" Olly frowned.

"I'll stay here with Daisy and Phoebe," the oldest of the girls spoke up. "Go see Louis. But... I'll get to see him, too, right?"

"Your brother is going to come back to you," Harry assured her. "You're getting him back where you'll see him constantly."

Jay pursed her lips, eyeing the agents on the other side of the room, and Olly shook his head, "The only one staying is the blonde and dark haired one. The others are coming with me."

Harry looked in surprised to see that Zayn had returned, much to his surprise, and he shook his head, "They... they won't bother you. They're too busy eating."

The older girl nodded, "Go, mum."

"Okay. Alright, show me where Louis is."

Harry almost bellowed out an agreement. He was more than prepared to see the blue eyed boy. But he knew he'd have to wait a bit before the blue eyed boy's eyes were open. So he followed Olly, the other agents, and Jay through the ICU's two large metal doors and into the hall as the doors closed behind them with a loud sound. They were led to a room where a nurse waited for them, eyeing them as they arrived, "Only two people in a room at a time, and one has to be the lead agent."

"Jay and Agent Murs here," Harry said, stepping aside with the other agents. "They'll go first."

And so Jay nodded frantically, and Olly led her into the room, the door being closed behind them. Harry could hear her sobbing from inside, and it made him uneasy. But Louis was fine. She was simply glad to see him after such a long time of not having any contact with him at all. However, he almost felt resentful that he'd sent her in first. She was in the room for nearly an hour, and only exited when a nurse, who had been coming in and out, went in and told her that visiting hours for the ICU were long over.

She was still sniffling as she left, but she caught Harry's wrist before she walked away, "Thank you. For calling me."

"You'll be back to see him?"

"Every day until he can come home."

"That'll make him really happy," Harry smiled.

A nurse walked Jay back to the waiting room, and Agent Murs motioned for Harry to go in the room, "She said one has to be a lead agent... but she didn't specify which. I'll give you a bit alone with him. He's not awake yet, though, so don't expect much. Oh... and things look a bit grim. But at least you weren't in there when he still had the tube in his throat. They removed the ventilator... I think he still has oxygen tubes in his nose to raise his oxygen levels."

"Okay," Harry winced. "Stop."

But he turned and walked hesitantly in the room. He was nearly blown away at the sight of the man in the bed. So many times before he'd seen people in a far worse state, seen them hooked up to all sorts of machines, but Louis was another story. Louis did not belong in a hospital bed. He was pale, with tubes hooked up to his nose and his hands. He had a cuff on his arm to monitor blood pressure, he was in a gown with the front open to show two white heart monitors, but below them a black brace was wrapped around his middle, preventing anyone from seeing where his surgery had taken place. It was clear that the brace opened to easy access to his incision, however.

But above all, Louis looked incredibly tiny, and Harry wanted nothing more than to climb into the bed with him and cuddle him close. He wanted to tuck the boy's feet between his legs to keep them warm, wanted to stroke his hair and kiss his freckled nose. He wanted Louis to snuggle close and cheekily bite his jaw, mumble, 'egghead'.

Yet instead, he moved close, reaching out for Louis and gently tangling their fingers together. He had to be careful not to jostle the I.V and oxygen monitor clipped to Louis' finger, but he leaned and brushed his lips to Louis'. They looked swollen, and slightly bruised. The agent figured it was from the tubes that had to be placed down Louis' throat. Breathing in a shaky breath, he spoke softly over the beeping of the machines Louis was hooked to, "Louis... it's Egghead. You didn't have to do that. Thank you. But you shouldn't have. You scared the hell out of me."

Louis' closed eyes didn't even flutter, and Harry kissed his nose softly, continuing to talk to him, "Your mum seems really nice. I hope you don't mind that I called her even though you aren't officially off the hook. She was really happy about it. We aren't going to bother her about you, so don't worry. She lives in London as well. So you'll be able to stay with her for house arrest and I can come see you every day. As long as you'll have me. And you're not allowed around guns again, do you hear me?"

Harry heard a nurse entering the room, and he quickly released the man's hand as she walked up to check Louis' IV, "Showing signs of waking up yet, agent?"

"Nah," Harry murmured, and then forced himself to lie. "I'm just ready to interrogate him. See what goes on in his mind."

"Take it easy on him, though," the nurse hummed. "Don't grill him too hard."

"Don't worry," Harry smiled at Louis softly. "I'll go easy on him."

"Good," she chuckled. "He reminds me of my grandson."

The nurse left, and the moment she was out of the room Harry was grabbing Louis' hand again, "How do you win over the hearts of people you barely know? Don't make me jealous, now, isn't my heart good enough, Shakira? Er... whenever, wherever, we were meant to be together. That's a Shakira song, right?"

Harry continued to talk to Louis softly for over an hour, just telling him silly little stories and stepping back nonchalantly when nurses came in the room. He was just so relieved that Louis was okay, that Louis hadn't been killed. He talked to the man until Olly poked his head into the room, "We should probably get going. It's nearly 11pm, and I've got a lot of paperwork to get to. Zayn and Niall are probably ready to go as well, just sitting in the waiting room."

Harry nodded, looking to Louis, and leaning down to kiss Louis' lips, "You better be awake by the time I wake up, Louis. I want to talk to you. Bye, Robin Hood. I love you... and I mean it."

DID YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER? If you liked it you should buy me a coffee :D (please don't feel obligated to, this link explains more - https://Ko-fi.com/A250PZ7 (if you don't feel like copying since it's wattpad and you probably have to type it out, this the link can also be found on my profile :D)