[Exert] Proposal

[A/N]: Well. I can't seem to abandon this story, it hasn't even been a week yet. I have other things to write, what on earth am I doing?

They had looked at rings time and time again, but they could never seem to find the right one. Either the people of the store took one look at Louis and basically refused to make sales, or the store had absolutely nothing of their interest. It had been six months since Louis had moved in with Harry, they'd known one another for well over a year, and Louis wanted nothing more than to be married to Harry. Or to at least be engaged to Harry.

"Well..." Louis scratched his chin, looking down at the long display case spread out in front of them. Of course, Harry was focused more on Louis than on the rings, and Louis gently reached out to grab Harry's chin in attempts to get Harry's gaze onto the rings. "Egghead, we're looking at rings, not each other! What kind of ring would you want?"

They were at their third store for the day, and Louis was getting antsy. Harry simply laughed, "I'm okay with whatever you want, love."

The smaller man huffed, crossing his arms and glaring at Harry, "Well I'm okay with whatever you want. So what do we want? I'll sell some organs if I must, but I want to marry you. I know you said we don't need to be married since it's kind of obvious we're together for life, still have time to get married and all that, but I just... I really want it. I don't know why. I'll be twenty-six this December."

"Oh, you're so old," Harry teased. "We've got time, babe. I'm not going anywhere. Are you planning on going somewhere?"

"Preferably to a church," Louis replied. "To meet you at the alter. Now let's decide on a fucking ring."

"Well if we get something with a huge rock on it for the both of us... I couldn't wear mine to work," Harry said slowly. "You can have something like that, though. Money is no problem, you're worth it."

Louis groaned, "I've got about £195 from selling crap I don't need... but I can get more."

"Shakira," Harry said softly. "Don't worry about that. Let me buy it."

Harry slipped his arm around Louis' waist in reassurance, and Louis let his head slump against the taller man with a groan, "But you've already bought me a car, you pay bills, buy groceries... you even let me throw ridiculous amounts of things in the trolley. Like butterscotch pudding. Do we honestly need butterscotch pudding? No, but you let me put it in the cart anyway! You don't even like butterscotch pudding!"

"Louis!" Harry laughed. "It makes you happy when I give you what you want, and I like making you happy, so..."

Louis examined Harry's face, "But... I like making you happy, too, Egghead."

"You do make me happy," Harry assured, kissing Louis' forehead. "I'm extremely happy."

Louis bit his lip, but turned his attention back to the glass case, "Okay. So nothing extravagant, I agree. Like a silver band or something, that would work, wouldn't it?"

"That would work," Harry agreed, pointing into the case. "Something like that, hmm?"

"Ooh, Harry!" Louis gasped suddenly, pointing towards the back of the case. Harry's eyes looked to Louis' face first, finding that the smaller man was positively enamored with whatever he had his eyes on. He looked to the case, spotting where Louis' slender finger was pointing.

It was a silver band, much like they had discussed, and wrapping completely around the outside were infinity symbols. It looked promising, and without any huge diamonds or jewels, Harry was certain he could wear it to work, although of course he would never risk taking it on a scene for fear of losing or damaging it.