14| The Worst Kind of Kisses

D A I S Y

I glanced at my red lipstick, a second away from putting it on my lips. It's been a long time since I went out on a date. I was tingly with excitement all over. I looked back at my reflection, trying to figure out why I was reluctant to put on the red lipstick.

I saw Cecile in the mirror, dating Wilde again. I put the lipstick back down on the table, taking a rarely used nude coloured one. I applied it on my lips, wondering if Wilde would like how I looked now. My brown hair had grown, the roots clearly showing. I should dye it back, but I couldn't seem to care now that Wilde was gone. Wilde.  

It felt like a part of me was gone, and maybe I needed him gone, maybe I shouldn't be so desperate to be his red queen. Everything I've done, the hair, the make-up, the clothes were things I noticed Wilde liked. Maybe I needed to stop that.

Grabbing my crutches. I manoeuvred my way out, well aware Zayeer was waiting for me. He came fifteen minutes early, sending me a quick text letting me know he was outside waiting in the car. I hobbled out, heading to the car.

He saw me before I reached the end of the driveway, getting out of the car. He opened the door, helping me in, and putting my crutches in the boot of his car.

"I bought these for you," Zayeer said, passing me a bouquet of red roses.

When was the last time a guy got me flowers on a date?

I smiled taking the roses from him. We spoke in the car, the light conversations from two friends as we got to know each other better.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asked as we neared the cinema.

"Anything."

"Romance?" He suggested.

"Sounds fun."

It was fun. Cheesy, sappy, mushy fun. He held my hand and played with my hair. It's been so long since I went out on a proper date, with flowers and being treated out. He held my hand till I had to walk over to his car.

When we reached his car, I noticed that we were one of the few people left in the parking lot. "I don't think I got to tell you, you looked good." He said. He bounced a bit on the back of his feet, smiling a little nervously. 

"You don't look so bad yourself," I returned his compliment, wondering where the butterflies were, why I felt so neutral.

I knew what he was going to do the minute his eyes flickered over to my lips. 

He leaned in and kissed my lips gently. His hand guided my arm to his neck, then his other hand moved my crutch away from so I was completely reliant on him to stand, without hurting my ankle.

It was soft and slow, his fingers traced my waist moving slowly, then slowly they crept down to my ass. Girls like Cecile would shove him away.

And for a minute, I wanted to be her. I wanted to have what she did. Wilde.

So I pushed him away. 

Wrong move.

Zayeer blinked back a little surprised, as I stumbled, falling back to his car. I looked around, trying to find my crutch. "Did I do something wrong?" Zayeer asked. I frowned. Throughout the night he sounded kind, sincere and caring but it was like the mask had fallen.

I glanced at him and I knew his type. The privileged ones. I wouldn't be surprised if he had heard about me. I felt sick. "We just moved a little too fast."

"You didn't like this?" Within a second he was pressed closed to me, his hand grabbing my ass. I try to shove him away, but I stumbled, nearly falling on my bad ankle. He stopped grabbing my ass but his eyes were livid. He laughed a sick angry laugh, "I know you do, I've heard guys do it to you all the time."

He kissed my lips roughly.

I became very well aware that I was alone, with Zayeer in an empty parking lot. I tried to push him away but his body felt rock hard on mine. If my leg was better, I could have pushed and ran away but it wasn't and my crutch was somewhere I couldn't see. 

I wished I hadn't gone out with him.

Sex wasn't something I was unfamiliar with, but there had always been consent and right now, I wasn't okay with it. "No." I said, when he broke the kiss, both my palms on his chest. "Please, I don't want to do this."

And then, I heard it. The sound of a car door opening. "Get off me!" I said louder, hoping the man would interject. I didn't want to look at Zayeer, I looked at the empty parking lot, holding back tears as I tried to get him off me. Then I see him, a dark tall figure.

"Zayeer?"

I nearly cried out in relief, recognising the gentle sound of his voice. Zayeer moved back. Without Zayeer pressed against me and without my crutch, I stumbled, nearly falling but I caught myself in time. 

"Everything okay, Daisy?"

Zayeer's look was nothing short of murderous. I shook my head, eyes scanning the ground for my crutch. Troy took several steps nearer taking in my appearance. Without a word he bent down and took the crutch from what felt like darkness. He passed it to me, eyes soft and questioning. 

He must have seen it in my eyes because I didn't dare say a word in front of Zayeer. "You're gran is worried," Troy lied, "She wants you home."

"I should go," I said softly, without looking at Zayeer. 

I didn't look back, afraid to see him. I'd heard stories of girls who've been date raped. I never thought it would happen to me. It could have if Troy hadn't stepped in, it's only when we reach his car and I see what could have been his date that I started to cry. Silent tears that shook my body. 

The rest of the night passes by in a blur, with his date, a girl from a neighbouring school comforting me the whole drive back in the backseat of Troy's car.