15| Black Hair

D A I S Y 

Wilde.

I loved the smell of him. 

It was the taste of peppermint candy canes on Christmas. The feeling of snow under your toes. It's the warmth of the sun in winter. The fresh smell after a good shower.

I craved him, like the sun on a snowy day. At night, I dreamt of his touch and desire like I've never felt before flared through me. We hadn't done it since the first time. I was almost desperate to do it again. But he didn't want to. I could feel his hesitancy these days, soft as a snowflake.

I'd tried it with Kaden, warning him that it would be a one time thing, something I was curious about but his fingers didn't burn my skin, they felt like a poor substitute for Wilde. 

I just didn't know how to tell Wilde I wanted to sleep with him. Wilde wasn't like other boys in school. He was a lot more conservative. Despite catching him jerking off and helping him, he still seemed to want to pretend it didn't happen. I didn't know how to react to it. I was lying down on his bed, trying to figure out a way to get him to have sex with me again. I knew he'd turn down the game, and any other games that would lead to us kissing. 

I could smell sweet scent of peppermint on his pillow. I smiled a little, turning to smell it. I buried my face into his pillow. I laughed sitting up. It was then I heard the sound of a paper rustling.

Frowning, I moved a little and I heard it again. I got off the bed, looking at the door of the bathroom, making sure he wasn't just going to pop out and catch me snooping. I pulled his bed up, and I saw it there, a magazine he hid under his bed.

My lips curled amused. Glancing again at the door, I reached out to take the magazine from his poor hiding place. I wasn't surprised to find women half naked, or with barely anything on inside. I'd found my parents ones in a box in the attic. My parents had tapes and CD's not magazines. I flipped through it, mostly curious. The page fell on one, the spine of it was stretched out, as though this was a page Wilde turned to often.

The girl there was pretty in a dark sexy kind of way. She had slightly longer than shoulder-length black hair with bright blue baby eyes that were nearly hidden by her bangs. Her skin was almost porcelain white. I wondered if Wilde liked her face or her body because there was no bloody way my stomach could look that flat. 

The sound of the shower turning off, spurred me to movement, hiding his magazine back under the bed. 

Before I could think too much of it. Spurred into movement by sheer panic. I pulled up his bed, stuffing his magazine as accurately as I could back before hopping onto the bed, lying down eyes closed. 

He came out five minutes later, hair a little damp and clothes on his body. I smiled at him, trying to position my legs sexily as subtle as I could. He barely glanced as me, something he'd been doing quite often since the first time we slept together. 

Stupid as it was, hurt filled me like a burning flame flickering my insides. I felt tears prick at the corner of my eyes. I turned away, pretending it didn't bother me. 

"I'm going over to Cecile's later," He said, he was taking some books from his shelf, not glancing at me. "She needs help with Maths."

"Yeah, that's fine." I said, rolling out of his bed. "I've got to go anyway." I didn't have anything to do. No where to go. Home was always with Wilde, the place I stayed had stopped resembling as home. I glanced at his back, anger spurring me to say what I said next. "I just wanted to let you know that Kaden and I slept together."

"What?" He turned around eyes startled. 

"It just happened," I feigned smiling, meeting his dark eyes.

"Oh," He blinked twice then grabbed the books. "Cool, are you both together?"

I recalled what I told him after we did it. "Nah," I said. "He didn't feel the same."

Wilde smiled a little. "Really?"

I stood up, closing the distance between us, begging for him to kiss me again. "Yeah. He didn't feel like you."

Wilde's eyes glanced to my lips. 

I closed my eyes, waiting for him to kiss me. 

"Well, thanks Daisy." I opened my eyes, he had turned around again. It felt like he just slammed the door in my face. I flushed embarrassed. Then turning around, I walked towards the door.

"See you."

"See you." He echoed. 

I didn't have anything else planned but I was thinking of the magazine and the girl in it. So with the extra bit of cash I had, I purchased black hair dye.