Memory IV

Thunk

Thunk

Thunk

Thunk

My head made an odd hollow sound as it hit the stones.

Thunk

Thunk

Thunk

Thunk

Such an empty sound.

Thunk

Thunk

Thunk

Thunk

My life could be summed up by the sound.

Thunk

Empty.

Thunk

Meaningless.

Thunk

Devoid.

Thunk

Of.

Thunk

Everything

Thunk

That.

Thunk

Mattered.

THUNK

I wasn't even sure how long I had been thumping the side of my head against the stone for. Could have been minutes. Could have been hours. Could have been days. Before I thought time was meaningless. Now I realized it was completely non-existent.

Thunk

I wasn't sure if I was going insane... or if I was already there.

Thunk

How did one tell if they were insane or not?

Thunk

Could they even trust themselves to say?

Thunk

A part of me said I was but another part of me said I wasn't but I was certainly getting there.

Thunk

Thunk

Thunk

Thunk

The hollow sound felt lonely.

Thunk

I was alone. Had been for awhile. I was being punished for the water bottle Arlo had left me.

Thunk

The darkness had told on me. Told Malak about whispered conversations and soft words. He took Arlo from me. I wasn't allowed to see anyone anymore.

Thunk

My water was now put in a heavy dish on the floor. Its entire design was to force me to get on my hands and knees and drink like an animal.

Thunk

The joke was on Malak now. I didn't have the strength to even crawl over to it. A long time without the scraps of food Arto brought and too long without water. Two... three... four days... I didn't know.

Thunk

Time didn't exist for me anymore.

Thunk