Chapter 36

I adjusted my collar, it felt almost too constricting on my throat. I felt like an idiot in the shirt and pants Penelope had shoved me into. I tugged on the sleeve with a small frown of distaste. "What the hell did you do to him, PenPen?" Shiloh's voice held a heavy amount of disgust and I turned my head to look between her and Penelope.

Penelope sniffed, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she looked over me. "He looks nice." I felt very uncomfortable and not like myself. I wondered if this was how Sorrel felt the entire time around me, I knew the thought of seeing Sorrel dressed like this was a stomach sinking feeling. If she felt that then I didn't blame her for being so hesitant and wary.

"He looks like a preppy pretty boy." Shiloh made a heavy sound of disgust as she came over to me. "Look at his hair!" She gestured to me with a horrified look on her face. She went up onto her tippy toes and ruffled my hair, taking it out of the elaborate style that Penelope had spent far too long on.

"Stop!" Penelope made a heavy sound of horror, reaching for Shiloh as if to yank her away but the smaller vampire hissed at her, her many teeth bared. Penelope returned the hiss with one that rumbled her chest, her edges flickering. "I spent a long time on his loo-"

"Yah to make him look like shit!" Shiloh reached up and quickly undid the top four buttons of the shirt with a scrunched look on her face. "You looks so terrible right now." She muttered the words under her breath as she grabbed my arm and undid the buttons of my sleeve. I couldn't argue with her, I felt like I looked terrible. I missed my tshirts and jeans.

"That is high fashion!" Penelope went to grab Shiloh again but the small vampire ducked underneath my arm, pulling it with her as she rolled up my sleeve to my elbow.

"Its gross." She made a disgusted face as she grabbed my other arm, undoing the sleeve. "He's not one of your fancy pants models, PenPen. He's a fine ass bad boy that oozes sexuality. You need to play to his attributes and not shove him in some ridiculous get up." She rolled that sleeve up to my elbow as well. I watched as Penelope narrowed her eyes and leapt for Shiloh but the other female ducked around me before reaching out and yanking my shirt out of my pants. I raised an eyebrow as they proceeded to chase each other around, hurling curses as their forms blurred around the room.

I managed to escape from the fast paced cat fight and moved towards the large mirror that Penelope had in the corner of her room. I adjusted my hair, trying to get it to fall into its natural place with all the gel and products Penelope had placed in it. I ran my fingers through it with narrowed eyes. It wasn't cooperating for me. I looked over my outfit and had to agree that Shiloh's details were definitely a big improvement to the look. It look far less formal and stuffy.

There was a hissing growling curse from one of the girls and I rolled my eyes before I headed out of the room. I did not need to get stuck between the two of them. Especially not before my date with Sorrel. The thought of the event made my heart thud in my chest. I couldn't believe she had agreed to it, I hadn't expected her too. She was so wary about the relationship and bond between us that it seemed to impossible for us to move forward.

True, she was trying, doing her best to push through her anxiety and wariness and whenever she got flustered or shy it was so incredibly endearing. Whenever I saw it I just wanted to pull her close and hold her tight. It made something loosen in my chest when I saw it, it made an overwhelming feeling of tenderness and a need to protect surge through me. Those moments let me see an almost intimate look into Sorrel's mind, they humanized her, made her seem so much more real to me.

She had been this untouchable creature with hard and hateful eyes and now she was showing me the softness she had within her. It was the redness of her cheeks and the slight stutter she had when I caught her off guard with a question. It was in the shy glances she would give me as she would tuck her hair behind her ear. These were moments that allowed me to connect with her, to see her for who she was. She had always been an incredibly strong and beautiful female but now I was seeing the soft and gentle female who blushed over ice cream and would shyly hold out her hand for me to take.