Chapter 7

"You need to work harder, Lucas." I growled the words out at him as I stood up. He was panting and wheezing from me driving him into the mats. The moment I had woken up I had gone to the post and drug him to the gym. Pure anger rolled through me and I loomed over him with bared teeth. "Get up." He struggled to his feet and I watched him with a predatory gaze. My wolf snapped her teeth together in my head and I echoed the action with my own snap.

The gym was empty of all but Linnette and Mordecai. Willow was with Avery, they were making cards for the scavenger hunt. I had known bringing the juvenile to Avery had been a good idea. The timid shifter seemed a bit more open with her and didn't shy away from her like she did others. It was a good start. Lucas managed to get to his feet with a deep groan. He was bruised and bloody but it wasn't enough for the anger that had rolled through me since I had woken up.

I shifted my stance and narrowed my eyes at him. "Arms up." He gave me a wary look through a slightly swollen eye but slowly brought his hands up. I feigned an attack to his left and when he dodged right I delivered a harsh jab into his stomach that had him doubling over and crouching on the mats as he gasped for air.

"That was predictable, Delta. you need to watch her. Keep your eyes open." Mordecai's comment was said lightly and both my wolf and I snarled at him for the slight interference. We had to burn off the rage and him interrupting was not going to help with that. As long as the bits of memories from last night flickered through my head that rage only grew brighter.

Lucas got up once more, wheezing as he did so. My jaw clenched at the remembered just what it was that caused the bone deep anger to burn through me. I didn't give any warning as I slammed my foot into the side of Lucas's leg and drove my fist hard into his jaw. I felt the snap of his jaw bone and I let out a snarl as I twisted and drove my fist into his back, breaking the ribs I had previously fractured. He gave a hoarse cry through his broken jaw before he collapsed onto the mat once more.

"Get up." The words were spoken from between a mouthful of large and sharp teeth. The rage was nearly consuming, red and black tinted my vision, skewing it. I needed to let it out before it rotted my core. It felt unending as it flooded my body. My vision seemed to shake as my heart thudded in my ears. "Get up!" It was a roaring command and Lucas gave a pained groan as his body tried to fight to listen to my command.

"Enough, yobo. He cannot get up." Cai's voice was a low rumble that I returned with a deafening snarl. The hot rage coursing through my veins needed an outlet and I didn't care who the target was. "If you truly wish to play with me, kiska, I will allow it but do not complain when I royally spank you." Cai said nothing more as he pulled off his shirt and kicked off his boots. I rolled my head on my neck, clenching my hands into fists, ignoring the piercing pain of my claws digging into my palms.

I moved away from Lucas, my wolf snarling and snapping her agitation and anger in my head. I was holding her back with my entire strength. There was no need for her to be let loose because she would kill something. I would hurt something but she would kill to satisfy the rage that boiled under our skin. Mordecai stretched, his muscles rippling down his form as he slowly shook out his arms. My wolf and I liked that he presented a challenge.

He gave me a grin full of sharply pointed teeth. "I'll hold back, love, but do not expect me to not hurt you." I knew how Cai fought. Half power for him was just under full power for me. Vampires were half-godlings and that was a title that showed. I was taking on a fight I couldn't possibly win but I didn't care. He swayed back and forth and I averted my gaze. It wasn't just a vampire's eyes that could enthrall you. I paced back and forth, waiting for him to make his move.

He chuckled at me and I returned it with a snarl. His form flickered for a brief moment and I instantly jerked my head to the side, feeling the wind of a heavy blow brush my cheek. I shot out with a punch that hit nothing but air despite knowing he had been there a fraction of a second before. The hit that I took to my ribs made the air escape from my chest rather violently. The hit didn't fracture my bones but I knew there would be a bruise. I barely managed to dodge the next hit he threw my way.