Chapter 39

A week later

I kicked off my shoes and slowly looked around the coven for any lingering vampires. I could feel them there but couldn't see them. I fought back a giggle as I grabbed Arlo's hand and pulled him towards the stairs as quickly as I could. I felt like a teenager sneaking a male back to my room. Our date for tonight had been kind of cancelled. The restaurant that we had planned to go to had been closed for the day due to visiting family.

Although we hadn't been too upset about it, it hadn't really left us with a plan. We had wandered around town for a bit before we had gotten onto the topic of Maggie, she seemed to be closer and more upfront the more I talked to Arlo, drew closer to him. He had made an offhand comment about how he had quite a few pictures of her from her time in Tenebris. It had been enough of a temptation for me to suggest we go to the coven.

However the coven was filled with vampires that would tease me mercilessly about Arlo and I's relationship. That was the reason we were sneaking around like teenagers. Zoe had been kind enough to pull us through the shadows despite being in Greece. She was one vampire I knew I could trust not to bother Arlo and I or ask questions.

Arlo chuckled, his hand tightening on my own as we bolted passed the open living room door. "Where are you two going?" At Shiloh's voice I bit back a curse at the same time Arlo did. Shiloh had been a little... territorial where Arlo was concerned. It had been enough to make my wolf a bit aggressive towards her. Arlo let out a heavy breath before he lead me towards the living room so we could answer Shiloh without having her follow us.

"We were going to go look through some photos." Arlo stated it evenly and I fought back a scowl as my wolf flashed her teeth in agitation. Her aggression slowly slid away as we watched Shiloh draw her teeth over a female's ear with a rather lusty grin. The female giggled from her perch on Shiloh's lap, pressing her face into the vampire's neck, an aroused flush on her chest and neck.

"Sneaking around like two horny teenagers more like." She threw us a look and I made a slight face. She wasn't one to judge by the little show she was putting on.

"Says you." I gestured to her and the female and Shiloh gave an unrepentant grin.

"Its expected of me. Not of you and your little boy toy." She looked between the two of us before the female grasped Shiloh's chin and pulled her into a kiss. I looked away and Arlo rubbed the back of his neck as he did as well.

"Shiloh! Leave them alone." Cai's voice echoed in the front entrance and Shiloh made a sound low in her throat before she waved us off, her attention completely on the female on her lap. I tugged on Arlo's hand, pulling him away from the living room, not really wanting to watch the PDA. I once again headed for the stairs and Cai coughed loudly, calling my attention. I looked at him, repressing the urge to roll my eyes. "Leave the door open." His voice was stern and I made a disgusted sound in my throat as I turned back and practically dragged Arlo up the stairs, muttering angrily underneath my breath.

Cai was not my father so he couldn't tell me what to do. I hated the fact that they were treating me like a hormonal juvenile. Yes, Arlo and I had grown closer and there was an aspect of hormones to our bond but we weren't out of control juveniles. Arlo took over leading when we hit the second floor, squeezing my hand gently as he pulled me towards the guest bedroom he had been staying in.

He pulled open the door and I was enveloped by his warm leather scent as I stepped into his room. It was a little cluttered, with clothes on the floor but it looked normal. I was curious about how he kept his personal space. He let my hand go and seemed a little flustered as he quickly picked up his dirty laundry. "Sorry, wasn't expecting anyone to be in here." I couldn't help but smile at his rather flustered look as his arms filled with his laundry.