Thirteen

"Thanks Patrick, I appreciate this," Joe said for about the hundredth time.

Patrick shrugged, "hey, I know what it's like. I wouldn't want to make you do this alone. When is the interview again?"

"Tomorrow at two." Joe smiled and used his hotel room key card to open the door. "I would've asked Andy but I feel like he's been distancing himself from me."

"What do you mean?" Patrick asked as they entered Joe's hotel room.

"Well, I suppose we never told you how this all started. Andy and I had kind of started dating just before the band broke up. Like, it wasn't official; we never had the relationship talk so we weren't officially boyfriends."

"So you guys were just sleeping together? And how did Pete get into this?"

"We weren't just sleeping together. At least, that's not how it felt for me. We became close, you know? Andy and I.. We connected.. We didn't just satisfy the other's sexual needs but we also provided companionship. Intellectually and emotionally."

Patrick smiled at him, "aw... Really? That's cute."

Joe slapped his arm. "Shut up. I'm trying to have an adult conversation here. "

"Okay, so what happened then?"

"I was about to ask Andy if we should have the relationship talk but before I did he asked if we could try having a threesome because he thought that it'd be hot."

"So, you guys turned to Pete?"

Joe nodded. "And then it wasn't me and Andy anymore. It was me, Andy and Pete."

"Do you love him?"

Patrick's question took Joe off guard. "Um.. I don't know."

Patrick raised an eyebrow. "You don't know if you love him or not?"

"I love him but I don't know if I'm in love with him. Are you in love with anyone? How do I tell?"

"I'm not in love with anyone but I think you can tell if you can't stop thinking about them and you can't wait to be with them again."

Joe sighed. "This is all so confusing. It wouldn't matter if I was in love with him anyway. Remember that straight porn we found in his bag? What if he wants to lean more towards women?"

"Joe, I'm sure that's not the case."

"Then why would he have straight porn? Maybe he doesn't find me attractive anymore.."

"Joe, have you seen yourself in the mirror? How could anyone not be attracted to you?"

Joe sighed and went over to the bed. "Whatever, I'm going to take a nap. What are you going to do?"

"Probably just walk around."

Joe grunted in reply and laid down with his face in his pillow.

~~~

Patrick was aimlessly walking down the corridor of the hotel when he saw Billie Joe sitting outside one of the room doors.

"Billie?" He almost laughed. Imagine them ending up at the same hotel after being at the same party.

"Patrick, hey." He stood up and smiled.

"What are you doing here?"

He sighed and scratched his head. "Well, I kind of misread Mikey. I thought he was interested in a fling but apparently not."

Patrick pointed at the door that Billie had been sitting by. "Mikey's here?"

"Yeah. I was supposed to be crashing with him but I made a move and he kicked me out."