Fourteen

A/N
Trigger warning.

Patrick woke up and the previous night came back to him as he saw Billie sleeping on the other side of the bed. He got up and started collecting his clothes from the floor.

Billie stirred and woke up as well. "What're you doing?" He said tiredly.

"I'm going to go get some breakfast. You coming?" Patrick answered as he was putting his pants on.

"Nah, I'm going to sleep some more." He yawned.

"Okay."

Patrick finished dressing and left to go get some continental breakfast. When he got to the hotel's dining room, he saw Joe and Andy eating already.

"Hey." He greeted them.

Joe turned around and Patrick could tell that he was upset. "Hey," he mumbled.

"What's up?"

Andy sighed, "nothing."

Joe got up and left without a word.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." Andy repeated in a tone that said 'drop it'.

Patrick sat down and looked at him skeptically. "What happened?" He asked a little more sternly.

"Why do you think something happened?"

"Because my best friend just left looking like he was about to cry. What did you do?"

"Best friend?" Andy raised an eyebrow. "I didn't do anything, just told him the truth."

"Andy." Patrick frowned.

"He asked if we could go back to how we used to be before the band broke up and I told him to stop living in the past."

Patrick sighed and rubbed his temples. "Why?"

"What? How would we go back to how we were when so much has changed? It's not even an option anymore."

"Andy, he loves you damn it!"

Andy went silent.

"He wants to be with you and you've been avoiding him."

"He loves me?"

"Yes. He does."

Andy was silent again, going into thought.

"You going to do anything about it? Because I'm sure you're breaking his heart by pushing him away."

"Well, what should I do about it?"

"Talk to him."

"Look Patrick, it's not that simple. I don't even kno-"

"No. It's not simple and I never said it was. That's why you need to talk to him. Show him you care."

Andy bit his lip and thought. Then he got up and headed in the direction that Joe had went.

Patrick took a breath and stared at the food on the table. He wondered why he cared so much about what happened between those two. Of course, they're his friends and he wants them to get along but he also wanted them to be together and happy.

Pete popped into his thoughts and he groaned. He wished he could stop thinking about him. He wasn't even thinking of the things that he found annoying about Pete. It was the other things. Like how well he satisfied Patrick's needs. And not just sexually.

How he made him feel. Safe and like he wasn't alone.

Patrick put his head on the table. Instead of thinking of Pete, he tried thinking about himself. Not in the selfish meaning of the term but in a emotion sort of way.