Fifteen

A/N
To avoid confusion: the hotel that Joe (and Billie Joe and everyone else) is staying at, is let's say 2 hours away from Pete's place and the town he lives in (including his sex shop).

"Joe, can we talk?" Andy knocked on his hotel room door.

"We just did. Now leave me alone."

"Patrick told me, alright? I know about your feelings. Can we talk about this?"

The door opened as far as the chain lock would allow. "You had to hear it from Patrick to figure out how I feel?! Andy, I was trying to tell you."

"I know that now, please let me in?"

Joe sighed. "Give me one good damn reason why I should."

"Because I have so much to say and up until now, I haven't had the nerve to say it. I need to talk to you," he paused for a second and then added, "like how we used to."

He could barely see Joe through the small opening of the door but he could see that the guitarist had wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

"What happened to 'stop living in the past'?"

"I'm sorry." Andy pleaded with him. "Let me in?"

The door closed and Andy took a shaky breath. As he was about to turn away, the door reopened and he could see that Joe had taken the chain lock off.

Joe was standing there with puffy red eyes and he was looking anywhere but Andy.

Andy stepped inside and closed the door. He took Joe in his arms to hug him tight. "I'm sorry."

"Talk to me."

Andy nodded with his chin against Joe's shoulder. "Let's sit down."

He lead Joe over to the bed and they sat, facing each other.

"I know you miss what we used to be. Sometimes I miss it too. But right now.. I'm.. I'm having a rough time."

"I can help, Andy. You know you can tell me anything." Joe took his hand and rubbed circles with his thumb.

"It's something I have to figure out for myself, Joe."

"What?"

"I'm questioning things. I mean, I've started to wonder if I'm actually gay. Sure when the guys and us would mess around, it was hot and everything. But when Pete and Patrick started having their fight, I've started to question whether or not if it was just sex to me."

"Andy, what are you saying? You're not gay?"

"I'm saying I want something different now. I don't know what it is but I know that I don't just want sex like I did before."

"So before, when it was just you and me, before we asked Pete to join us, that was just sex to you?" Joe had tears in his eyes, threatening to fall.

Andy shook his head. "No, I actually did love you Joe. I might still feel the same way. I don't know because I'm just in a really emotional spot right now. You've got to understand. I still care about you very much, I know that."

Joe wiped his eyes again and hugged him.

"If you want to, I'd like to try just us again.." Andy said quietly.