Chapter 4

Acantha's POV

How many times is this going to happen to me? How many times do I have to see them like that? How could they do this to me each time, and how many times does my heart need to stay broken over what they did to me???

I have lost track over the centuries of each time this has had to happen. How many times do I need to lose my brothers only for them to be reincarnated to different people and they keep forgetting me each time this has had to happen. Yes you have heard me right, those two morons who love each other this time are my baby brothers. All I know is that someone put a curse on me, to never grow older than 17, and my brothers? Well let's just say mommy and daddy did the same. Theirs is just a lot more difficult, with each reincarnation their age differs, at first it was just a few months, then a year, then more than that. The last time I heard was there was at least 300 years difference between them, yet if you look at them it is only 3. At least they get to grow old and can get married and even find love in the end, me, hmp, I was stuck for eternity as a teenager basically, never to be reborn, never to age, nothing.

If any of you are wondering why am I this bitter? Well let me enlighten you.:

"You can't do this dad, they have nothing wrong, if you want to do something do it to me instead of them." "No, sissy, you can't" "Ran, be quite little brother. I know what I'm doing." Hearing Ran's crying voice behind me was breaking my heart, I love my brothers so much yet this is something that I will have to do for them. If I let my dad do this, this will break my family for eternity. "Dad, please. If you do this now you will curse this family until the world will end then some, you don't need to do this." "I can't let them do this Acantha, you of all people need to understand that. They were never supposed to be born. A few months after you were born a witch cursed you with immortality, nothing can kill you. I have tried everything in me to break the damn curse but nothing wants to work. We were very careful after you, your mother lost twins close to your 4th birthday, you three would have had the same birthday. Literately hours before they were supposed to be born they died, it was part of the curse. That is why we waited so long before we tried again, that is why there is at least 15 years difference between you and Ran, and 17 with Rouxs. But even with that we couldn't escape the curse. You are one year from the curse taking affect, it said that when you turn 17 you will be immortal, nothing can kill you not even with a curse because the person who will curse you will get the curse back 10 times worse. With them it is not something I want to talk about. They will be reborn each time they will die, to for always find each other and fall in love with each other. Just to get to a certain age and die, then waiting for the next time their love will be reborn. Do you think I like to have my kids cursed like this, we, as in your mother and I will die soon. You must promise me that you will take care of your brothers while you still can." I was shocked when my dad told me that, I was angry but there was nothing that I could have done about that. I don't want to lose my parents, they are all I have, they are the only people who will understand what is going on with me. My brothers are too young to understand that I will never age and they will resent me for it. "No dad, I can't, they will hate me when they will see that I never grow old and never change. I can't do that to them. I will look after them till I can then I must go, I will search them out each time, until I can't anymore."

"tha" ..................... "cantha" ........................ I heard voices in my head, I thought it was the dream until I felt someone touch me. Jerking up and moving back I looked around the room only to see I was in my room, and they were standing there. I felt the tears starting to build, my throat start to close, I can't let them see me like this. I can't believe I just had that dream again, I hate that one more than the others. "I'm sorry Acantha, your mom said that you are probably still in your room, I didn't mean to scare you." I look over at Ran, now called Zagreus, and Rouxs is called Kaine now. They will never know that they are my biological brothers and it breaks my heart each time that I have to even look at them. How is this even fair? They can fall in love and go on with their lives and I am stuck as an eternal teenager. "I don't think that she even likes us to be here now Z." "Hmm, I just thought that I would thank her for what she did for us, if it wasn't for her, you would never have found me in time." I heard him, but my heart is still broken that he will never know who I am. He will never understand that type of love I have for him. I had the words right in my mind all I needed to do was just say it. But it came out as something else. "It's nothing, he did all the work. I just guided him in the right way. I don't want to sound rude or anything but can you come back later, I don't feel like myself."I will never feel like myself again, not after what happened to you two " I heard myself mumble the last part, making sure that they will not understand that. But when I looked up I knew that Zagreus heard me, he just ignored those words. I can't get a read on him. Even if he does have some of Hades' blood running in him, his soul will always be that of my baby brother. "Aca, what the hell. You are always busy when I come and visit, this is the first time that you are not down in the basement doing something weird." Snapping my head to Kaine, I just couldn't help snapping at him. "Yeah well so fucking what??? I am always down there, what, can't I have one fucking day all to myself that I do fucking nothing??" I didn't bother to wait for an answer form him, my heart is just breaking even more, I have never once snapped at either of them, not ever, so why is this the first time that I do this?? I need to have my head examined or something. I ran to the bathroom to run away from them, but Ran stopped me. He put his arms around me and just hugged me, keeping me caged to him. It wasn't until his words were spoken that I knew what he said. "It's okay to be scared, I haven't forgotten who you are, even though my minds wants me to. I will never forget you sissy. You were and still are my older sister no matter what. Don't mind him, he is just upset that I know something and he doesn't. I love you and I always will. I may not always come running to you to do so, but when I do like he did, know that I will always love you."

After that he let me go and I ran out of the room, but instead of running for the bathroom I ran out of the house and just kept running. I need to get out of here. It felt like hours since I have started running, I have no idea as to where I am or what time it is for that matter. When I took a better look as to where I was, I saw that I ran right out Queens straight to Rikers Island, how I even got here I have no idea how did I land here?  I guess my soul is just too tired to continue anymore. I mean I have been a 17 year old teenager longer than anyone have ever think possible. I just want it to end. I can only take as much before I start to do stupid things, that is why I have been dabbling in the witch craft, and hoping against hope that I can somehow break this damned curse on me. I know that once those two get together their souls will be at peace and their curse will be broken. This is also the first time that there are not brothers in this life, strange that even after 1050 years they still find each other, as for me, not so much.

While I was walking past one of the places there this one song was playing:

Well I just heard the news today
It seems my life is going to change
I close my eyes, begin to pray
Then tears of joy stream down my face

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open

Well I don't know if I'm ready
To be the man I have to be
I'll take a breath, I'll take her by my side
We stand in awe, we've created life

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything

With arms wide open
With arms wide open
I'll show you everything ...oh yeah
With arms wide open..wide open

[Guitar Break]

If I had just one wish
Only one demand
I hope he's not like me
I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And hold it by the hand
And he can greet the world
With arms wide open...

With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
Now everything has changed
I'll show you love
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open

I'll show you everything..oh yeah
With arms wide open....wide open

It was as if that specific song activated all of my repressed memories. I remembered why I was cursed. That damned witch's son was the one who was supposed to marry me but he backed out at the last possible second and she came at us telling us that it is our fault that her son walked away. It wasn't till I told her that he walked out on me that she went bat shit crazy on us. Now that I think about it, the only way out of this damned curse is if I can find him and marry him. That is the only way, but what if he is already dead or even worse married???

Yes I need to find him so that this damned curse can be lifted from me. It wasn't very far that I have walked that I bumped into someone and when I did, I remembered those sparks from the first time I felt them. When I looked up at the person, I saw that wizard I was supposed to marry, why here, why now of all times for this to happen????? And then the damn song started playing

Hello my friend, we meet again
It's been awhile, where should we begin?
Feels like forever
Within my heart are memories
Of perfect love that you gave to me
Oh, I remember

When you are with me, I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice

We've seen our share of ups and downs
Oh how quickly life can turn around
In an instant
It feels so good to reunite
Within yourself and within your mind
Let's find peace there

When you are with me, I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice

I just want to say hello again

When you are with me I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
Cause when you are with me I am free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice, My sacrifice

I just want to say hello again

My sacrifice.

"It is you, I have been looking all over the world for you, have you any idea how long I have looked for you?" Who does this asshole think he is anyway??? "Excuse me? But do I know you?" The look on his face was freaking priceless, I mean I knew who he was, I was just messing with him.