Chapter 12

ZAC'S POV

After dad's hasty departure I looked back at Kaine, but he had decided to hide under the covers. I know that when I finished talking to dad I turned back to French kiss him he was still here, but now that I look closely at the bed he was not in it. At first I thought the he did hide under the covers but I turned it all down to see nothing but empty bed. I opened my senses to see if I can locate Kaine but it is as if he just disappeared. How can it be, how can he just disappear without my knowing? There must be a reason for that, wait............that bit- woman, she had to be behind this. "Kaine, baby can you hear me? I need to know where you are, I need to get you back here." "Zac, she has me, I do not where I am, but I know that I do not like it here, please love, I need you." I opened my senses more, I traced his essence so that I know where he has been and where he may go. I have noticed that the more I focus on Kaine the stronger my power become. How can that be.

When I got a lock on him, I dashed out of the room and straight towards dad's throne room because I know that he is there. He is sulking because I sent him away from us, but I needed time with Kaine because I know that he is upset about something. I know that he is also hiding something from me, but I will wait patiently for him to tell me, because I know that he will not like it if I decide to look into his mind, for some reason I can only do that with Kaine, why is that though?  I walked slowly into the room only to look up and see that both of Kaine's human parents are there along with Aphrodite. Charon and my mom, Hades and Persephone. I turned around to even see that both Zeus and Poseidon among us. When I looked at Hades he just nodded his head at me, guessing that he must have heard my thoughts without me even speaking it. "I know Zac, just bear with me. We will have this sorted out soon." "Uncles, what a pleasant surprise, may I ask as to why you are here?" "Nephew, it is really good to see you too, you have to come visit soon. Your cousins are eagerly waiting to meet you." "Not now brother, we have more pressing matters to attend to, and you and I both know that Zac can't be underwater-" "Actually dad, I can. For some reason I can breathe underwater like my uncle, would you care to elaborate that? I have always feared the water, but for some reason since I got here it seems that I love the water.  My fear is gone and I have been craving the water actually.  But that is for another time to discuss.  I am here because when you left father Kaine was still with me in the room, but after you were gone and I turned back to him, he was gone.  Like the bed was empty and cold, like he was gone for hours."  I have no idea as to why they all look so scared right now.  Is it because I let some of my power out, or is it because they know something and they just don't want to say what it is?      

"I am just wondering as to why my love's parents are doing here? But before that, we have a problem." At that everyone looked at me and on their faces I could see that they do not like what I would have to say. "It would seem that someone took Kaine from my room and even from right under me. Dad when you walked in you saw that he was there right?" "Yeah, he was, but what has that got to do with anything?" "Well, after you left I turned back to Kaine but the moment I did he was gone, at first I thought that he was just playing around but once I closed all of my sense and just focus on him I found him to be here, but it seems that he is not here. And I need to find him quickly, there is still things that we need to talk about." When I said that I felt that Aphrodite flinched and she looked away from all of us. What they do not know is that once I have a lock on them I can find them no matter what. "Dad if there is nothing that you need of me, can I be excused because I need to find Kaine?" I saw that he nodded his head, and after that I left them only to walk right into Ares. Oh great, now what? I made to side step him only for him to block me. He got close enough to me to make me cringe, only for him to whisper something. "Be careful of who you keep close to you, I will not always be able to save either of you. Now if you care to follow me I will show you where Kaine is." I just nodded my head at him and followed him out of the room.