Chapter 10

Peter's POV---

She calls the boys to attentioon, which normally only I do, but I don't mind. She's a Lost Girl, MY Lost Girl.

Plus, most of the boys treat her as a sister, so it's alright for them.

I watch as she concentrates hard, her cheeks slightly flushing red. Suddenly, a long instrument I dimly remeber as 'the keyboard' from her land, just as they finished pulling their logs together and sitting around Talia. I watched her as she slowly began to test the keys, smiling when they worked.

Then she started playing, a soft, simple tune, rythemic and it forms a pattern. It's simple, but so hauntingly beautiful, kind of like the way I play the pipes. She stops, and everyone just sits there, remembering the beautiful song. "Does it have words?" A soft, timid voice at the back of the group asks. Everyone looks back at him. I turns out to be Nibs, the youngest, most soft spoken, and unfortunetly, the outcast of the group.

Until Talia declared he was the closest to ever finding her in our little game of manhunt.

Though I highly doubt it, and think that she is just trying to help him fit in with the other Lost Children.

But that's just the way she is, just the way my Lost Girl is.

She smiles at Nibs. "Well yes. It's a song I heard there, in the other world." "Will you say them?" Asks Cubby, the second youngest. "Say them?" Talia asks, puzzled for a moment. Then her face lights up. "Oh! You mean sing? Sing the words?" Cubby and Nibs nod and Talia smiles. "Well of course dear, but I'm no talent, let me tell you." She laughs lightly, and I notice my heart does backflips at the sound

Then she starts pressing the keys of the keyboard, starting from the beginning of the simple tune, and when the time is right, opens her mouth to sing.

And sing she does.

The most beautiful sound I have ever heard, escapes her lovely lips. So much more beautiful than the mermaids, who are known for their singing talent, much more than the fairies on our island, much better than even Princess Tiger Lily, with the raw power of her voice.

Talia's voice is soft and gentle now, as she sings along to the tune she plays.

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay

It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take-it's given

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay, stay.

I want you to stay, oh.

When she finishes, I don't move. None of us do. She has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard in my life.

I start to clap, and the Lost Boys soon follow my example. She blushes, and smiles warmly. I notice, her eyes meet Felix's and he nods, and claps gently as well.

She gives him a small smile.

I think I know what she is feeling at the moment, happy that all the Lost Boys, even Felix, have accepted her, or respects her now, to some degree.

Suddenly, a large scroll of parchment paper lands beside the bon fire. I stand to get it, and open the scroll. I read over the words, and fear washes over me. My eyes narrow, and I throw the scroll down angrily, and pull at my hair, staring at it with hatred.

Talia's POV---

I stand, and place the keyboard carefully in Ashton's lap. I notice he blushes as I brush past him, but pretend to not notice. He has about as much pride as Felix and Peter, which is a lot, to say the least.

I walk over to Peter. "What's wrong Peter?" I ask gently. I turn when I hear the rustle of the parchment, and see Felix holding it. His eyes widen, and snaps the scroll shut before any of the Lost Boys or Lost GIRLS (me, pretty much...) can read it. He looks directly at Peter and asks in a serious tone, "What will we do, Pan?" Peter flinches, and glances at me. "No, no, no, no, no!" He screams, and kicks a stone into the fire. He swipes at the air in front of him, causing the bon fire beside him to flare up.

A nearby tent looks like it could soon be catching fire; the wings of a magnificient fire bird spreading out and leaning to touch the dry canvas of the boys' tents. (A/N- This is a Catching Fire reference, the fire bird being the mockingjay of fire at the end of Catching Fire. Hehe, I LOVE the Hunger Games Trilogy....)

I share a look with Felix, and we dash after Peter.

Peter's POV---

No.

No, no, no, no, no. This can't be happening, I will NOT allow it.

I hear running behind me, and two voices, a girl and a boy, calling my name.

Talia and Felix.

For a moment, I feel a spark of jealousy. Why all of a sudden, are they all buddy buddy?

But I push my negative thoughts away as I stop abruptly, and turn, Talia running straight into me.

I catch her, thank god, before she falls and hurts herself. She steadies herself, and asks "Peter, what is going ON?" She asks, forcefully, but calmly.

I bet she can tell I need to be calmed, so now is not the time to add fuel to the fire by bringing her own heat to the situation.

Felix calmly stands beside her, the scroll in his hands. "We need to show her." He says suddenly. I shake my head. "Show me what?" I hear Talia ask, but I ignore her as Felix and I start to argue.

"She needs to know, Pan."

"No! She doesn't need to even worry, we can solve it!"

"She has a right to know Pan!"

"I know! But if I can solve it without conflict-"

"DAMN IT! WHAT DO I NEED TO SEE, WHAT CAN YOU SOLVE WITHOUT CONFLICT? DAMN IT PETER PAN, TELL ME WHAT THE EFF IS GOING ON! Or so, GOD help me, I will EXPLODE!!!" She screeches, bringing my and Felix's conversation to a halt.

"Without conflict you say..." Felix mutters, but I shoot him a glare, and turn my attention to Talia. Her hands are balled up into fists, and she glares at me with anger and frustration in her eyes.

Damn, was she scary when she was mad! She didn't get mad often, but when she did, her temper was SOMETHING.

I looked at Felix once. He nodded, and I sighed. "Show it to her." I sighed again. "Finally!" Talia cried, and took the scroll from Felix. She snapped it open, and held the scroll away from her at armslength, scanning the whole parchment with her quick, beautiful eyes.

Slowly, her arms dropped slowly to her sides, and scrolls spread out across her legs. I meet her gaze. She had a hard look of determination in her eyes.

I knew that look. Uh oh.... "Well, we better head back." She says, sighing. "We have a pirate to meet tomorrow, now don't we?" She turned, and strated walking down the trail.

Talia's POV---

He grabbed my arm, and spun me around. "No," He said, his expression hard. "We are NOT going to see him, you understand me?" He asked. I gently pulled myself from his grip. "I'd rather go there on my own terms than get kidnapped." I replied smoothy. Peter's expression looked pained. "Talia," He began.

But no, I can't take this anymore. I give an exasperated sigh. I look at the scroll and read it again.
"Bring the girl to my ship tomorrow morning.
If you do not come, my men and I will have to come and take her by force.
Trust me when I tell you, you'd much rather fancy the former.
-Hook"

I snap the scroll shut, and look Peter in the eyes. "What are we supposed to do, Peter?"

Peter's POV---
I'm at war with myself. I know she's right, but I can't bear to bring her there, to him. I'm afraid, afraid of what he'll do to her, because I know he wants me to suffer. And now, my one and only weakness for a long, long, time. He wants to use her against me.
My Talia, my Lost Girl.
I don't think I can bring myself to take her.

Felix's POV---
I have never seen Pan so vulnerable. I know Hook has struck home, fast and hard, going right for where it hurts most.

He must have been waiting a long time, for Pan hasn't had a weakness like this in years.
Sure he had us, his family, his Lost Boys, but this was something different.

SHE, was something different.

I step forward, and say "Why don't you bring a few Lost Boys, Pan, of it makes you feel better about bringing her? Because we all know she's right, going there on your own free will is much better than getting kidnapped. At least you'll be at each other's sides, and you'll have a Lost Boy or two to come with you."

I can see Pan consider this, and he just stares at me, and so does Talia. We have never, agreed on anything until today. Pan glances at Talia. She notices, and gives him a hard look. "No one, not one of those boys, is getting hurt for me, do you understand, Peter Pan?"

And we all do, because if Hook comes into the camp by force, he will surely injure someone in the process.

After a long pause, Pan sighs. "Fine."

A/N---

If you didn't know already, the song Talia was singing was Stay by Rihanna, ft. Mikky Ekko.

Anyways, HOOK WANTS TALIA!!!

But why does he want to talk to her? Hmm?

Well, you'll just have to wait and see the next chapter, won't you?

And sorry about the bangle! I couldn't find a bangle like the one I had in my head, so..... Yeah. Just visualize, a silver bangle, (not the really thin ones that go in groups) with VERTICAL, white flame patterns. 

And that's pretty much Talia's bracelet.

Anyways, thanks for reading, you guys are so awesome!!!

Comment, Vote, Read, add to Reading List.

Did you like this chapter as much as I did?

If you do, you know what to do. You see that star over there? Click it.

Did you do it? Did you click?

You did? You sure?

Fine. You may proceed.......