Chapter 24

A/N---

Sorry it took me so long to update this today!! I had to rewrite a lot of stuff, because when it comes to writing, I'm a perfectionist. With everything else, I'm pretty much just a slacker and a procrastinator. Writing is the only thing I'm really ready to give my full and undivided attention to.

But, here you go, Chapter 24!! Enjoy!! :)

Talia's POV---

A liability.

Is that really how he saw me? Was I really nothing more than a liability?

-------------------------------------------------------

Peter's POV---

A liaility.

Is that really how I saw her? Was she really nothing more to me than a liability?

No, of course not. She's never been a liability. She's always been strong, always kept me together. She is like the glue that holds our mismatched family together.

Without her, we'd all crumble and fall apart.

I needed to find her, needed to make sure she was safe. I don't know why I said those things to her.

I knew that she, of all people, would have a score to settle with Hook.

Why couldn't I see that? Why couldn't I be as selfless as she was, letting her get the only thing she wanted for herself?

Revenge.

I was sitting in a tree, a long distance away from the camp, where I let my tears fall free. Talia's bangle was in my hand, and I was twisting it between my fingers.

"Peter?" A soft voice above me asked. I looked up, and saw Tink, her wings unfolded and arms crossed. She floated down next to me, and sat down. 

"Why did I have to say those things Tink?" I asked, haunted of the words I had said to her, my little lost girl.

"Why can't I be as selfless as her, and let her have the one thing she desires for herself? Revenge. Revenge on Hook. And it's not all even for her own personal gain! It's to avenge the things he did to me, to us, her family." I say desperately, my finger gripping the bangle. 

Tink sighs. "Why don't you want her to fight Peter? Isn't it obvious that she can hold her own in a fight?" She asks. I nod.

"Its just, I'm afraid for her. Afraid that she'll sacrifice herself for others, like she always does. That I'll lose her just as soon as I've gotten her back." I whisper.

Tink nods. "You care for her. Its natural for you to feel protective of her, because you love her. But, Peter, you let your temper get the better of you. and because of it, you presented your willingness to protect her in a way that made her feel bad instead of flattered." She says softly. 

I nod, and feel the tears pool in my eyes again. 

I've grown so soft, so weak, since Talia got here.

It's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Talia's POV---

Eventually, I land on the beach where I first arrived in Neverland. I sat down, and pulled my knees to my chest. I cried into my knees, the tears soaking into my pants and running down my leg. 

I instinctively raised my left hand to twist the bangle, but stopped myself. It wasn't there. I had thrown it at Peter when I ran away from the camp. missed the familiar weight of the bangle on my right wrist.