Chapter 26

Peter's POV---

I slip into the bed beside her. It's late, but we had a party. All the girls from Tink's treehouse had come over for dinner, including the fairy, Sera. I had been playing the pipes, and Talia had sang a song called Falling Slowly.

I know we should be sleeping, getting rest for tomorrow, but we just end up talking. We talk about nothing in particular, just random things. But sometimes, we'll both get something of real value out of each other. Like things from her past, and things from mine.

I don't remember all that I said that night, neither do I remember everything Talia told me.

But one this is for sure, she has a score to settle, and she's not letting anyone stop her, ESPECIALLY ME.

She's so determined and that's one of the things I like best about her. She can do anything if she sets her mind to it.

I wake, and open my eyes, instantly I seeing her face. She's on her left side, facing me, and I am on my right side, facing her. I watch her sleeping form, her chest, slowly rising and falling. I don't really want to wake her, but todays the big day.

Today is the day, all scores are settled, all revenge is avenged, all wrongs made right, one way or another.

I shake her shoulder slowly. "Talia, I whisper. "Talia, wake up. Today's the day." Her eyes slowly flutter open, my heart fluttering along with them. She looks me in the eye, and smiles faintly. She rises and stretches, her long dark hair looks perfect, and she looks well rested, despite the hours of talking we spent last night.

She tries to get out of bed, but I stop her with my leg. She smacks it playfully. "I thought you woke me up." She says, sounding only slightly annoyed. I smirk. "I changed my mind. We should just stay here." She smirks, and stands on the bed, easily walking over my leg. "That's not fair!" I call after her as she exits the tent.

I hear her laughing outside.

I decide to get up, and change into some new clothes.

When that's done, I rush out of the tent, and eat with the other Lost Boys, Talia, and Ariel, who decided to stay in our camp for the time being.

Ashton sat beside her, and he leaned in to whisper something in her ear. She laughed, and turned to him quickly, but he hadn't moved his head yet.

Suddenly, they were so close, they're lips and faces very close together. I nudged Talia, and nodded towards Ashton and Ariel. She looked over, and a breath caught in her throat. She nudged Tink, who was sitting beside her.

Soon, everyone was watching as Ashton leaned in. Ariel closed her eyes, and leaned into him. They met in the middle, lips locked and moving in sync. For a moment, everyone was quiet. Then, a young voice rang out, "Why are they kissing?" I knew that the voice belonged to 13 year old Cubby. Nibs, a year older, smacked him over the head. "You idiot!" He said. "You messed them up!"

I looked over at Ariel and Ashton. Ariel's face was as red as her hair, and she suddenly was very interested in the fire. Ashton was beet red, and glaring at Cubby. 

Talia cleared her throat. "Um, is everyone done breakfast?" I laughed quietly, so only Talia could hear me. She grinned, and I knew she was trying to hold a laugh in herself. Ariel suddenly stood. "I think maybe I should go visit the mermaids before our big fight today." She said. Ashton stood with her. "I'll come with you." She grinned, and nodded. "Ok." They disappeared down the path leading to the south end of the island. 

When they disappeared down the path, Nibs smacked Cubby again. "Ow!" Cubby cried, rubbing his head where Nibs had smacked him twice. "God, you're impossible!" Nibs cried. Cubby glared at him. "It's not like they're not going to make out on the way there!"