Chapter 18

A/N---

I was feeling generous today, and decided to update early!!

Please enjoy the latest enstallment of Confessions of a Lost Girl (as of January 12, 2014) 

Peter's POV---

I stood in Tink's tree house with Tink, Calypso, Ariel, Tiger Lily, and Felix, just because Felix insisted on coming. Ariel sat at the table, her legs still weak, and Tink glared at Calypso so hatefully, that she didn't even attempt sitting. Tiger Lily rolled her eyes at the tension between the two, and leaned against the wall behind Ariel.

"We need to find more out about Talia's past." I said, after Ariel and Calypso explained what we had talked about at Mermaid's Lagoon. Calypso, Ariel, and Tink were the only ones who could help us right now. Ariel, only because of her mermaid knowledge.

"Well, she didn't know her mother's name, and can't explain her mother's face to me except for she said that she had black hair and murky greenish brown eyes. She doesn't remember her mother, apparently." Tink says, sighing. I look at Calypso. "I don't think Talia really knows anything more about her mother than we do." She said, sighing.

Tink glared at her. "We're orphans for a reason." She muttered, angrily.

I tapped my foot angrily. "Then how are we going to find out about her past?!" I exclaimed in frustration.

Meanwhile, on the Jolly Roger....

Talia's POV---
I lay on my back staring up at the ceiling. I told Hook that I wasn't feeling well, and decided to skip dinner. I sighed. I really WASN'T feeling well. Something was nagging at me, from the back of my mind. It was somehow connected to the bangle, I was sure of it.

Peter was trying to explain to me, something significant about the bangle. But Gisabell had stepped in front of me, on purpose, may I add, to interrupt our little conversation. I understood that she most likely wanted to protect me, since Gisabell was the closest thing I had to a mother, but didn't she, and my father, have faith in me?

I twisted the bangle around with my thumb. This was the first time I noticed it, which is odd. I don't remember ever getting it, ever taking it off or putting it on. So, for my entire life since the first time I put it on, I hadn't taken it off?

So many things didn't make sense to me.
Peter's looks at me. His eyes, so full of desperation, longing, and sadness.
My own father, never loving, never caring, not really.

I didn't belong here.

But if I didn't belong here, with my own flesh and blood, where did I belong?

I sighed in frustration, and grabbed a knife from my bedside drawer.

Yes, a sixteen year old girl, with a drawer filled with knives. I threw it furiously at the target on the far wall. It made a satisfying thud as it hit the metal behind the felt target mat.

I threw a few more, before I blew the air out of my lungs. I stood, and stared up at the sky. It was a soft, orange like color, with streaks if pink streaming across. The underlying sky blue color of Neverland's skies was still prominent beneath the orange, pink, and white of the clouds.

Suddenly, a memory flashed across my mind.

*Flashback*

I noticed that the sky was the same colour as the sky before me now, and I wouldn't have explained it any other way. 

I was on my knees, crying, my elbows pressed into my knees. I felt warm arms hug me tight, and I knew it was Peter. I couldn't hear his words, but the sense of comfort from the memory was evident. I was sitting in a field of blue cornflowers, with Peter's arms hugging me tight.

Keeping me safe.
Making me feel like I belonged.

*End of Flashback*

I turned away from the window and threw open the door to my room. I came face to face with Gisabell Smee, who looked slightly surprised, her hand raised, as if she was about to knock. I sighed, and moved away from the door.

"What, Gisabell?" I asked impatiently, sitting down on my bed. She sat down beside me, and sighed. She placed a hand on my shoulder. "I know there's something wrong Talia. What is it?" When I didn't answer right away, she sighed again and said, "You can tell me anything, I promise."