Chapter 27

A/N---

Wow, those 21 votes came REALLY fast.....

Anyways, as promised, here you go!!

Chapter 25

-- The War on the Jolly Roger --

Talia's POV---

We arrived at the edge of the narrow streatch of beach. A pirate threw the gangplank down, and we boarded the Jolly Roger.

Five of Tinker Bell's fairy friends had grown to full size just to help us. There was Tink, with her blonde hair in it's loose bun, the black haired fairy in blue armor we had seen the other day, a fairy with auburn hair and an orange tunic, a purple haired fairy with a purple full size staff, my blue haired fairy friend Sera, and a fairy who's black hair was tied into a high ponytail, the lines of a smirk permanently etched onto the corner of her mouth. I learned her name was Vidia, and her talent was her speed.

Gisabell Smee and Hook stood at the head of the pack of pirates. Gisabell grinned malevolently at me. "Our meetings of late have been under unpleasant circumstances Talia." She says, drawing the iron cutlass at her side. I grit my teeth, and lean over and whisper into Peter's ear, "You can have Hook, but I want Smee." 

He looks at me in surprise, but when he sees my expression, just nods. "Alright." 

Hook grins. "Let us finish this war, once and for all." Peter draws his own blade, and smirks arrogantly at Hook. "I couldn't agree more." Suddenly, both forces lurch forward, and a bloody war ensues afterward. 

I meet Gisabell's blade deftly, raising my katana to meet her cutlass. "That's a fine sword you weild Talia." Gisabell admits. "When you die, it will know what it feels like to be wielded by a true swordsman." I take that to mean that when she kills me, she'll take my sword. I grit my teeth and smirk at her. "This sword wasn't made for a swordsman." I say. I bring the katana crashing down, and with the sheer force of my blow, a long crack travels down her cutlass. "It was made for me." 

The katana's tip bursts into blue flames. Gisabell's eyes widen, and she backs up against the railing. "You see, my REAL mother was kind enough to point out that I had magical powers that I could use to my advantage." I say. I raise my katana above my head. "I intend to use them." I bring the katana down on her with all the force I can muster.

The icy blue katana buries itself into her chest, right in the middle of her rib cage. She gasps, staring at the blue katana buried in her chest. She shrieks, the horror evident in her eyes. I kneel beside her, tears in my eyes. "I looked at you like a mother." I whisper. "I loved you like one too. Perhaps it is why I hate you so much, because your betrayal effected me much more than my own father's did." I stand, and watch the light leave her dark, cold eyes. I wrench the katana from her chest. 

Blood is spattered on my boots and clothes, but I hardly notice. I'm to busy getting tackled by a large force to notice.

Peter's POV---

I'm busy fighting Hook on the upper decks of the Jolly Roger. He holds a cutlass in one hand, and his hook -which counts as a weapon- is his right hand. 

He smirks at me as he opens a small line of red blood on my right arm. "Ready to drop that easy going facade boy?" I roll my eyes. "Oh please. Your daughter gave me worse when we were training." I taunt. He goes rigid, and his eyes go dark. "She stopped being my daughter when she choose you over me."

He attacks me with renewed energy, energy I didn't know the old man had. I open up a cut on his cheek. "Oh please. You can't choose your blood. If you could, I'm sure as hell that Talia wouldn't have choosen you." I say. "Besides, I'm still not entriely convinced that she really IS your daughter." I say, mocking him.

He raises an eyebrow, and slashes hopelessly at me with his hook. He's starting to tire, his footwork sloopy and loose. When I'm done toying with the old man, I'll sure have an oppurtunity to kill him. "And why is that?" He asks. I knock his sword aside, and it flies from his grasp. His eyes go wide with alarm. I smirk, and nestle the tip of my sword against his throat. I trap him against the railing of his own ship. "Because I don't find it believeable that someone as monstrous as you could possibly have a hope in hell of being related to someone like Talia." I say smirking. 

I raise my sword to slash his throat, when I hear a loud, ear piercing shriek. Everyone's attention goes towards the source of the shrieks, if only for a moment. 

There is Talia, standing above Gisabell Smee. 

In Gisabell's chest, is the icy blue katana I know belongs to Talia. Smee looks up at Hook in absolute horror and panic. 

It must have been how much blood is welling from her chest that distracts, because I don't see Hooks boot until it sends me flying away from him. "Gisabell!" He yells, and vaultes over the railing. I run to the edge of the railing to see him ram into Talia's side. 

"TALIA!" I scream. I jump off of the upper deck of the Jolly Roger, and roll onto the floor of the lower deck. 

Absolute rage and fury stems Hook on, giving him unnatural sheer force, which seems to shatter everyone of Talia's defensive positions. I make my way to Talia when a large pirate stands in my way.

Starkey.

He draws a huge cutlass, and mutters, "The boss'd want me to keep anyone away from them now." 

Starkey keeps getting in my way, effectively blocking any attempt I make to help Talia.

I sigh, and realize the ony way aroun him is to fight him. I draw my sword, and say, "Fine. Let's play pirate."

Talia's POV---

He brings his cutlass down with overwhelming force down on my raised katana. It sends me skittering across the deck, coming to a stop a few feet away in a feline like crouch. 

I hold my katana diagonal. "I've come to finish what I started."

It's painful, both emotionally and physically to fight Captain James Hook.

Physically painful, because he really is a good fighter.

Emotionally too, because he's also my father.

My feelings of hatred tell me to kill him, even if he is my father. Also, it says, he's trying to kill me anyway. I may as well get him before he gets me. 

But my humanity tells me it's wrong to kill my own flesh and blood. It tells me it's wrong to kill at all, but I had succesfully ignored it when I plunged my katana into Gisabell Smee's chest.

But now it was back, and probably won't go away. 

I whirl around, and intend to bring my katana across his side, but he smack it upward with so much force, the blue blade flies from my grip, and skitters across the deck, coming to a rest six to seven feet away from me. 

Hook glares at me with so much hate, such a malevolent gaze filled with it, it makes me shiver.

Not the way that Peter makes me feel, because that feeling is nice and pleasant. This shiver was brought on by pure fear of something or someone.

Hook stared advances on me, holding his cutlass close to my neck.

My spine collides painfully with the mahogany railing. I look behind me, and see the long drop to the water. I swallow, and bring my gaze back to Hook. 

His silver Hook is beneath my chin, holding it up so he can stare at me. His cutlass is pressed against my stomach. He sneers at me. "No where to run, now is there?"

I try to cover up my absolute fear with a smirk. 

"Who says I'm going to run?"

I rip my long dagger from my belt, and shove it into his shoulder, the arm that's holding his cutlass. He howls in pain, and takes one step back. I spin around, and kick him in the chest. He goes flying to the ground.

I turn towards Peter, and point two fingers at him, and close my eyes. An electric blue aura surrounds him, and solidifies into a brown chest plate over his clothes. I smile. He won't notice it there, but the pirate he's fighting looks down at the chest plate in wonder.

I look around for my father.

Where did it go? I have a sudden sadistic though to kill him with his own blade.

But I don't have to look for very long. 

I feel a sticky kind of feeling near my stomach as I'm searching. I happen to glance down. 

The sight makes me gasp. 

There, in the middle of my stomach, is Hook's silver cutlass, pinning me to the mahogany railing. 

I rip the sword from my stomach, and thick red blood spews out. 

I fall to my knees, my name ringing in my ears. I desperately try to stop the bleeding, but the blood seeps past my fingers. I fall to the ground, the agonizing pain in my stomach turning into a soft throb. 

Peter's POV---

I look over, trying to catch a glimpse of Talia, trying to see how she's doing. I rip my sword across Starkey's shoulder, and the sight of so much of his blood knocks him out. I roll my eyes, and look for Talia.

I don't have to look far. She rips a silver cutlass from her stomach, her hands visibly shaking from here. 

No.

This is what I feared.

This is what my nightmares have consisted of for the past week.

It's then I realize that those dreams weren't simple nightmares.

They were visions.

I scream her name, running forward, trying to reach her as she falls on her side, her blood welling up around her. 

I feel someone catch my arm, and yank me back. Two large pirates hold me down. 

Felix, Tink, Calypso, Tiger Lily, Ariel, Ashton, the Lost Boys, Tink's fairy friends, and the indians are being held down too. 

Pirates originating from below decks, hold us down. 

I know, somewhere in the back of my mind, that I can help.

But I feel to broken. I just stare at Talia, lying in her own pool of blood. 

Hook kneels before me. "Do you see that? Do you see her?" He asks me. 

He stands triumphantly. "I did that. I killed her, and I will kill you, and all your pathetic little allies before your very eyes." 

---------------------------------

Unidentified POV---

I hear his malevolent voice. "I will kill you, and all your pathetic little allies before your very eyes." Almost as an after thought, he adds, "I started with your precious Lost Girl. And next, I think I'll kill your best friend."

I force my eyes open through the pain. A soft voice whispers in my ear. "I can help you. I can lend you the energy and the power you need to do what you need to do." I close my eyes, and willingly drink in the added energy from my protector.

My mother. 

I feel the distinct throb in my stomach, but the pain is less significant, so I can move without blacking out. "You haven't much time left child." She whispers. "Do what you have to do."

Talia's POV--- (limited view)

I drag myself a few feet forward, towards the fallen bow of an Indian. 

I look up. 

Hook has his back to me, and he holds a Lost Boy by the neck, his hands tied behind his back. Two pirates hold the lost boy in place as he struggles to move.

Felix.

I grit my teeth.
No one hurts my family.
NO ONE.

As far as I know, no one has seen me move. 

I want to keep it that way for now.

Peter's POV---

My eyes are trained in horror n Felix's face. Hook places his hook below Felix's chin. Felix locks eyes with Tink, and mouths a silent "I love you". I hear Tink whimper in defeat as he closes his eyes, and we all wait for the sound of the tear of flesh against metal.

But it never comes. 

I only hear the soft twang of a bow, and the yell of an enraged Hook.

He steps back, and rips the arrow from his thigh.

We all gap at what's behind him. 

There, standing in her blood stained clothes, is Talia, holding an empty sheath and an Indian bow.

She draws her remaining dagger, and throws it at Hook. He yells, and barely gets to dodge it before it buries itself in the chest of a pirate behind Hook. 

Hook gaps at her in amazement. "You were supposed to be dead!" He yells. She glares at him, clutching her stomach. 

"Threatening my family tends to give me extra energy." She snarls. Hook yells, and draws a cutlass from the pirate beside him. He advances on Talia running with his cutlass raised. "You're defenseless girl!" Talia leans against the railing as he comes, her face ashen and pale. She stands still as he comes closer.

Just as I think he's about to slice her head open, she drops to the ground with amazing speed, and dives to the right of Hook.

He buries his cutlass in the mahogany railing of his ship. Talia whips around, and draws something from her belt.

Her flintlock.

"Don't threaten my family." 

And a loud crack fills the air. 

Hook falls soundlessly into the water below. 

At the same moment, Talia collapses to the ground, the flintlock leaving her fingers and clatters to the ground. 

----------------------

Peter's POV---

The pirates abandon us, either going to save Hook or escaping from the Indians and fairies that have gone to chase after them.

I rush over to Talia, and kneel beside her.

Her stomach wound starts to bleed heavily again, but she manages to keep conscious.

She moans as I pick her head up gently, and place it in my lap. "Talia?" 

She looks up, and smiles at me. "No one will ever hurt my family again." She whispers. She glances at everyone around her. "Take care of each other," She croaks. "Your a family, my family. Take care of each other."

I felt tears prick my eyes as I held her head in my lap. "No, Talia. You can't die! Don't you dare die!" I screamed. Her eyes started to close, but her lips moved once. "I love you Peter Pan. I will never forget you."

But her face was ashen and pale, her lips and eyes didn't move, and neither did her chest.

I knew she was gone before I searched for a pulse.

I slammed my palm down on the deck of the ship. "No!" I bent over her, and cried. "Please, please come back to me." I whispered into her hair.

"Please, please. I just realized I loved you. I just realized I couldn't live without you. I need you Talia Vicore, I need you to come back. I need your face to be the first thing I see in the morning, I need to hear your voice, talking and singing again. I need to hold you close to me, need to pick you up bridal style. I need to kiss you, and feel my fingers through your hair, and I need you to wrap your arms around me tight."

The words spill from my lips like a torrent of sorrow and longing and need.

"Please, please. I need YOU, because I will never get over you."

I say, and pull away from her. I kiss her softly on the lips, trying to feel that amazing sensation once again.

But her lips taste like blood and death, cold and unmoving. Lifeless and still.

I sobbed softly into her har, pressing my ear against her chest. I hugged her to me, and begged her to come back to me.

"Please come back." I begged again. "Please. You are everything to me." I add at a low, soft whisper, "I am nothing without you. You hold me together like no one else can."