Chapter 11: Good Morning, Don't Call the Cops

I wake up to the light streaming through the window.

I sit up, stretch, and look around, trying to remember what day it is. It's sunday, right?

I remember that I'm at Dax's house, and I look around. He's not here.

Right as I'm about to go looking for him, he walks into the room with a cup in each of his hands. "Good morning," He says, handing me one of the cups.

I toss him a sleepy smile and take a small sip of the coffee. "What time is it?" I ask after taking a few more tiny gulps from the dark red mug.

He glances at the alarm clock on the bedside table. "Like, 9:00."

"How long have you been up?" I ask him, because that's later than I usually sleep, and I didn't want to seem like a lazy bump on a  log. 

"Almost 2 and a half hours," He answers casually.

I hit his shoulder playfully, because he's sitting on the edge of the bed next to me now. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Because," he explains. "You are so much more peaceful when you sleep. Especially when you fall asleep crying. Your eyes turn dark green and gray, like the sky before a bad storm. And your cheeks are perfectly flushed with red."

"I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult," I say after giggling a little bit.

"Take it as a compliment. It saves me more trouble."

We laugh and I fall back onto the green comforter covering his bed. He rolls onto his side and props his head up on his hand. "So," he says, tracing my lips with his index finger. "What do you want to do today?"

I look at him, and push him down on the bed. I stradle him at the hips and get my face as close to his as I can without them touching. "This sound good to you?" I say in my most seductive voice, but it still comes out sounding silly to me.

Appearently not to Dax, because he grabs my butt and pulls it up closer to his body. "I think that sounds good to me, babe," He answers. "But I think we've been doing that pretty often lately, and I can't control myself much longer."

"Then don't." I barely pause before the words tumble out of my mouth.

He chuckles, lightly, under his breath. "I wish I could let myself do that. But, since you are not a werewolf, I'm almost one hundred percent sure that if I completely let go, I would hurt you," he says. "And I don't want to hurt you."

He grabs my butt again, and turns me on my back. He hangs above me, and I cross my feet behind Dax's back and link my hands behind his neck. I pull myself up to his body, like a monkey, and kiss his neck. "I would hope you wouldn't want to hurt me," I whisper into his ear.

He  drops back onto his back, and I fall on top of him. "So, we can't do this?" I ask, then slip my hands under his shirt. I feel his body get more rigid as my skin touches his.

"No," He answers pulling my hands out of his shirt. "Even though I'd love that so much more than what I'm going to do now."

I groan as he sets back off of him and onto the bed. I sit at the head of the bed, and wait for him to talk more about what we're going to do today. When he says nothing, I ask him.

"Well..." He says. "I was thinking we could go see a movie, or something. Just to get us out of the house and around other people. That'll help me...." He searches for the right words. "Restrict myself better, with more people around me."

"Yeah, we can go see that new movie. The one about that 911 lady and the little girl. And we can invite some of our friends. It can be like a group date," I say, sounding more excited than I really am about that idea. I jump up and grab my phone turning it on. I ignore all the missed calls from my mom, and text Shelby, Kate, and a few other friends invites to the movies. I give them times to meet us and the place. I receive a positive response from all of them.