Chapter 22: Clearing Things Up

I grab Dax's hand and give him a small smile. I look back out the window as I watcht he house, trees, and occasional people blur into each other while my mom drives us home from the hospital.

We soon pull up in front of our home, and I glance at Dax, asking him silently to walk me in. "I'll walk her in Mrs. Jameson. You can stay in the car, I'll come back when she's in the house."

She gives me a quick look then looks back at Dax. She nods tursly and turns back around. Dax gets out of the car, comes around to my side and opens my door, offering me his hand as I step out. I giggle and slap him on the shoulder playfully, bt still take it and our fingers automatically intertwine. I give him a smile as I climb out of the car, and it stays on my face  until we get to my back door. We are out of view of the car, so we kiss each other quickly, not wanting my mother to get suspisious. "I'll text you later, okay?" I say.

He nods. "Okay." He puts his forehead against mine. His hand brushes my cheek as it makes its way to my neck and he looks me in the eyes.I can feel his breath on my ips and it sends chills through my body. He smiles at my reaction, and chuckles. "Bye, babe."

I press my lips onto his, not wanting to leave, but not wanting my mother to get suspicious at the same time. I pull back and groan, irritated. I rest my forehead on his and roll my eyes. "You know, I kinda have to leave sometime, right?" I nod, and unwrap my arms from around his neck, where they unsurprisingly ended up. I put my hands on his, that are at my waist. He kisses me quickly on the cheek and his breath brushes my ear as he says, "Text me, okay?" I nod and he turns around to the gate. I shove the door open and trump in. I toss myself on the couch and heave a deep breath out of my mouth, turning on the TV. I turn on my phone and lay on my side, staring at the giant screen. I grsb one of the throw pillows, shove it under my aching head and relax, taking back in the scent of home. My eyes slowly slip shut.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{  <3  }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I wake up to my phone vibrating on my chest. I unlock it to see there's two texts from mom, letting me know that she and  Virginia- Dax's mom- are going out for a drink, and four from Dax, telling me he loves me, he's thinking of me, that he misses me, and that he's worried because I haven't texted back yet. I smile at his foolishness, and text him the reason I hadn't. And one from...

Tristin, "I'm coming over."

As I feel my mouth drop, the doorbell rings. I move the window curtain out of the way, only to reveal the person I wanted to see least. I reluctantly open the door. "What the hell do you freaking want Tristin?"

I don't want to hear his voice, honestly I wish this peice of trash would vanish right in front of my eyes, never to be heard from or seen again. "I just wanted to talk to you..." He answers and I roll my eyes and heave a heavy sigh. "Can I come in?"

I scoff at him. "What the hell?" I almost scream at him. "N you can't freaking come in, and you better get whatever you freaking need to out, before Dax realizes you're here. And he won't let you leave alive next time he catches you near me, he made that clear at the hospital."

"I just needed to apologize for... what I did." He says trying to pulll his charm on me. "And I thought that maybe e could try to be friends again."

I scoff again. This guy must be freaking nuts. "Okay, Tristin, try and get this through your freaking skull. I've liked you for the past two years, and you'd been with Allie for three, so I didn't expect you to choose me. You knew I liked you, and don't even try to argue you didn't, 'cause you did adn everyone else did too. You didn't give a shit, and you stuck youru tongue down that bitch's disease ridden tongue millions of freaking timesin front of me. And you frigging enjoyed it, too. Then Dax danced back into my life, and he made me happy- makes me happy. He was my first kiss," My fingers wander up to my lips,  feeling the tingling left there by his kiss. "And he'll be my last. He told me I was his mate, and now I'm not going anywhere with you. This"-I motion between the two of us-"wasn't going anywhere anyway. And that boy, he has to love me, whether he wants to or not. You tossed my heart around, and then tried to get me, and when I tried to to say noyou almost freaking raped me, Tristin. Don't you get that! The only reson I survived is because Dax loves me as much as he does. And you don't." I scream at him. "And I hate you!"