Chapter 25: Date Night

I nod my head to the sound of the music. I turn into the parking lot, and my mom's hand hits my arm, telling me that she's scared to death that I'm going to crash her precious Jeep Grand Cherokee. I roll my eyes and reassure her. "Mom, there's a reason I've got my permit. It's okay. I'm not going to crash."

She let's out a nervous laugh as I pull into a parking spot outside of the football stadium. "So, you're going to watch Dax play with Shelby, then you guys are all going out to eat, then Dax or Shelby, probably Dax, is bringing you home." I nod in answer to her question formed as a statement. "Okay." She nods curtly and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek.

I climb out of the car and grab my purse frpm the back of the car. I walk towards the football field, then pay the clerk for a ticket, and walk to the concessions to buy a drink. I get into the line and yank out my phone to pass the time. Even though I got here almost an hour before the game starts, there's a lot of people here.

The hands that cover my eyes atartle me, but as she tells me to "guess who" I turn to hug her. "Hey, chick." She says, her mouth near my ear. "What's up?"

"Nothing much," I answer. "Hey, are yo and 'the guy' still on for dinner after the game?" Even through my persistent asking, pleading, and begging, she was still reluctant to tell me who it is. But, I know that, based on the usual guys that chase her, it'll be some totally gorgeous guy that's a total douchebag on the inside.

She nods enegetically, and says, "Yeah, and I promise, I'll tell you before you have to meet him."

"Good," I answer back.

"I'm going to get into a shit-load of trouble with... Tristin for this, but..." Her voice trails off, and I stare her down as she gives dirty looks to the people who were looking at her wierd for saying that the way she did. She heaves a hard sigh, then rolls her eyes. "You know what, Dax can tell you when he wants to, okay? It's not my place..."

I shrug it off because I know Shelby, and when she says nevermind, you aren't going to find out what she said or was going to. By now, we're both at the front of the line. "What would you like?" The girl asks. Her tousled red hair is untamed and pulled back in a messy bun, a few strands falling into her ice-blue eyes. She looks familiar, but not familiar enough for me to remember her name.

"Two Dr. Peppers, please," I answer her. She walks away and comes back shortly holding both of the sodas. I hand her the money, thank her and turn back to Shelby, handing her one. "Here."

She thanks me and we go and try to find seat. We end up sitting on the seats closest to the feild, but nowhere close to the fifty yard line.

I don't really understand football, so I'm not paying very much attentioin to the game itself. I'm just looking around the crowds of people all around me, most of them go to my school, I just can't place names to their faces. There are a few people I do know, one of them being Tristin, and another is Alli on his arm, but not a lot of these people actually like me.

 I mean, I've burned my bridges, just like anyone else

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{  <3  }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I stand by his truck, and wait for Dax to come out of the stadium's locker room. When he finally does, he tosses me a boyish smile, as he pulls me into his arms. He places a delecate kiss on my lips, and his friends, who are just now coming out of the stadium, mess with him about it. He turns to them, and says, "Thanks guys, thanks a lot."

They laugh, and it makes me giggle. "Are they in your pack?" I ask, as he turns back to me.

He nods, then brushes the dark hair out of his eyes. His hair is darker than normal because it's wet and there's barely any light coming from the moon tonight. Yet his eyes, now a bright bluish gray, glisten as he stares into mine. His friends are gone by now, and we are some of the few people in this part of the parking lot. He puts his face close to mine, then presses his lips sweetly against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, and pull him close to me. I smile againsst his lips, and pull back enough so that he can hear my words. "Hey, I kind of have plans," I joke, he chuckles.