Chapter 14-Tobias

I know exactly what I have to do for Tris's birthday.I'm getting her a ring.A wedding ring.Tris is convinced that any moment I could leave her,and go find someone else.This is my promise I could never leave her.My only problem is finding the perfect ring.My eyes scan the counter.Most are sleek black wedding bands,which I don't need right now.All the way in the back,I spot something sparkling.As I make my way over,I see the colors.Blue,black and gray.Her aptitude colors.Black band,and gray encasing the sides of the sparkling blue stone the color of her eyes.It's perfect.The one.I call the clerk over.
"How much is this ring?" I say,pointing to the dazzling ring in front of me.
"145 Dauntless credits." His accent is terrible,and I can almost tell he's faking it.I pay for the ring,and have it encased in a white top-blackbottom velvet box,for the honesty she's shown me this past year.Tonight,after dinner,I'll ask her.She may not say yes.I shove that thought to the back of my mind.Although I really hope she does say yes.

When I come back,I see Christina doing Tris's hair,and pray Christina won't notice me and she doesn't.I sneak into our bedroom and pull out the ring.I can't wait until she sees it.I imagine her face lighting up,and her saying yes.Is this happening?This is everything I want.A girl I love,a nice,secure job,and amazing friends.This is all I want in life,and I'm ready to spend the rest of it with Tris.