6. Tension

Kelly(Megan park)>>
~
"I don't want to go" I said as Grayson shook me awake on Monday.

"Well that sucks" he said. I rolled on to my stomach to get away from him.

I suddenly felt his arms around my torso and then I was in the air. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he carried me to the bathroom.

He set me on the counter and grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and Then began brushing my teeth. After I spit he wiped my mouth with a wash cloth and then grabbed my contact case. I quickly slipped them into my eyes and he lifted me off the counter and walked us back into our room. He set me down at the end of the bed while he got dressed.

As I sat there, I started to hear 'mama' being chanted from down the hallway. I got up and went to grab them.

I grabbed both of them from their room and set one on each hip before heading back to my room.

When we walked into my room Grayson was just coming out of our bathroom and the twins went ecstatic when they saw their dad so I just handed them both to Grayson before I told him to go make breakfast for them while I got ready.

I quickly changed into a pair of leggings and a baggy shirt and slipped into my black combat boots and I threw my hair up into a messy bun before I grabbed my bag and phone.

I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen where my entire family was awake and enjoying breakfast that Grayson got stuck making.

"Here" Grayson said as I sat between the twins. He had put a plate of pancakes and eggs with some cut up fruit on the side in front of me and I knew I had to eat it since I made him make breakfast.

"Thank you" I said before digging in. I listened to the conversations around me but didn't join in any of them because I was just to tired.

"Mama" I turned towards Amelia who was giving me her big puppy dog eyes which meant she wanted something.

"What, baby?" I asked and she pointed to my syrup covered pancakes.

I bit my lip trying to decide if I could get away with giving her a little bit of the syrup. Grayson and I decided that when the twins began eating solid foods and having three meals a day that they were not allowed to have sugar during breakfast and we've both kept that up.

We thought it would be better because they were still getting sugar at breakfast like natural sugar in fruit or juice but we didn't want them having syrup or powdered sugar or sugary cereals.

"Leah,don't even think about it" I heard Grayson's  taunting from the stove.

I always was the one in danger of cracking and I think the kids knew that.

"One bite can't hurt" I argued and he just shook his head.

"We need leave before you cave" he announced and I couldn't agree more so instead of giving Amelia a piece of pancake with syrup on it, I gave her a piece of pancake with a small piece of strawberry on it. She was very unimpressed with my compromise.

I handed Grayson my plate before kissing the twins and then waving goodbye to my family. I went and grabbed my bag and waited for Grayson to be done saying bye to the twins.
~
"So you have two kids?" Kelly asked in study hall that I unfortunately have with her.

"Yes" I responded while giving her a curious look.

"Twins or separate occasions?" I was very confused.

"Why do you care?" I asked while shaking my head slightly.

"I'm just trying to figure you out" I shrugged my shoulders.