9. Let go

Grayson's POV
I didn't know if Lee was lying or not, Leah and I never really discussed the future.

I stood outside for what felt like hours, I stared at the sky hoping the stars would spell out a message or something.

I heard the backdoor open and close and then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, baby why don't you come up to bed" Leah said.

I didn't respond.

"Grayson?" She asked before grabbing my shoulder and turning me around.

She was in her pajamas and looked absolutely adorable.

"Are you okay?" She asked with a small smile.

"What are your future plans?" I asked and she looked confused at my question.

"Why?" She asked.

"Just tell me" I said. I don't understand what was so difficult about that question.

"Why does it matter?" She was irritated.

"I just want to know, we've never talked about it." I wasn't backing down.

I needed to hear about her plans directly from her.

"Fine, I want to open my own business" I just shook my head.

"You wanted to go to college and you wanted to live your life and I ruined that for you" I said angrily even though I didn't know why I was angry.

"Gray, you didn't ruin my life. My life is better because of you. I have two kids and a great life" she said.

"Who told you that you ruined my life?" she asked and I let out a breathe.

"Lee did" she rolled her eyes while shaking her head.

"Don't listen to him" she laughed before trying to hug me but I stepped back.

She looked hurt and confused at my actions and I didn't want to see that look on her face.

"I'm sorry" I said and her face lost some tension.

"What's the matter with you? Why are you letting Lee get in your head?" She asked angrily.

"I don't know. Probably because what he said is true even if you say it isn't" I said.

"Gray of course I had dreams before I met you and I had the twins but not all dreams become reality. I mean I wanted to be a superstar when I was five but that's never going to happen and I've let that go so I can easily let my dreams of having my own business go" she said with a smile and I could tell it was fake.

"No I can't let you do that" I replied.

"You can't stop me" she said before crossing her arms.

"Leah..." I took a deep breathe when she looked at me.

"I don't want to be the person who ruined your li...." she cut me off by grabbing my face.

"Grayson, you are not ruining my life. You've made my life so much better" she whispered and I smiled at her before giving her a quick kiss.

I pulled out of her grasp and leaned against the railing. I took a deep breathe before looking at Leah's face. The face that I fell in love with just a few years ago, the face that my daughter now has, the face that holds a smile even when she is not happy, and the face that I can't live without.

Tears started to form in my eyes.

Leah deserves so much more then what I can offer her and it's time to let her go.

"Leah..." I whispered and she gave me a sweet smile while looking at me.

"Leah..." I said again, trying to get myself to talk.

"I love you" I said and she smiled.

"I love you too" she said.

"But I think we should take a break" her face immediately changed from love to anger.

"Why?" She asked.

"We've been together for a long time and I think you haven't had time to live your life and I'm not saying we'll be apart forever just for a little bit" tears started forming in her eyes and it was breaking my heart.

"You think I'm going to live my life without you? I have two children that are exact replicas of you" my kids were the reason I knew we wouldn't be apart for long.

"And if you go to your parents house you won't be able to see the twins" she said as tears slipped down her face.

"Grayson please don't do this" she choked out.

"Baby, I have too" more tears fell down her face.

I moved towards her to give her a hug but she backed up before turning around and running back into the house.

I didn't follow her, if I did it would be harder to leave her. We needed a little bit of a break we're still only teenagers so we have time.

I let out a breathe before walking into the house, I had to grab some clothes.

I walked into the living room.

"What the fuck did you do?" Lee said angrily.

"I did what I needed to do" I said and he let out a sarcastic laugh.

"You're a coward" he shouted.

"I want Leah to live her life" I said.

"That dream has passed, she has two kids! She can't have a normal teenage life anymore. All you did was put more stress on her" Lincoln said as he came down the stairs.

"Good job asshole. She is upstairs bawling her eyes out because you decided it would be best to leave her by herself with two kids" Lincoln said angrily.

"She's not by herself! She ha you and lee and your parents" lee rolled his eyes.

"You know what I mean" Lincoln said.

"You know what..." I looked at lee.

"Since you don't want to be here then get out! We don't need you around anymore. Go see your parents or Kelly or whoever the fuck you want to see just don't come back here until you're ready to actually be a man" Lee said and it kind of scared me how angry he was getting.

"Fine" I said and headed for the front door.

"You're a coward" I heard Lee yell as I walked out of the house.
~
It's not my favorite but I still like it!