15. It'll be okay

"Are you sure you're okay?" I let out a groan as I put plates down on the table.

"Dad for the hundredth time, I am fine! He's just a boy others will come along" I said. He raised an eyebrow at me but returned to the chicken he was cooking for dinner.

In reality I was not fine. My head was spinning from the events of the day and I just wanted to be alone and cry for hours but I couldn't let that show. I love my family but at any sign of sadness they become overbearing.

"Mama!" Bentley screeched as he ran into the kitchen and hid behind my legs from Declan who was chasing after him.

"Up" Bentley screeched as he reached up for me. I bent down and picked him up.

"Is uncle Declan scary?" I asked in a baby voice.

"He silly" Bentley said with a giggle.

"Get him Bentley" I said as I tilted Bentley closer to Declan so he could touch his shoulder. When Bentley touched his shoulder Declan grabbed his hand and pretended to eat it which made Bentley squeal in delight.

"Let's let mommy finish getting dinner ready" Declan said as he took Bentley from me.

"Thank you" I told Declan before he went back into the living room with Bentley.

"Leah just remember you can always talk to me" my dad said.

"Dad I appreciate you caring but I'm fine! I plan on talking to Declan and Marcus later about it and I already talked to Lee about it. I'm okay" I said. My dad just gave the look telling me that he knew I wasn't fine but I ignored it and walked into the living room.

Amelia was playing dolls with Marcus and Bentley and Declan were "reading" a book together. Bentley was just pointing at pictures and babbling while Declan turned the pages when he thought Bentley was done "reading" it.

I walked upstairs and into Lees room. He was just watching tv so I went and sat on his bed next to him. I laid my head on his shoulder and watched whatever was on tv without saying anything to him.

"You know dads just looking out for you" Lee said after a little bit of sitting in silence.

"I know but I don't want to talk about it with him or Mom" Lee leaned his head on mine.

"I know you don't but it might help. You can talk to Declan or Marcus or me anytime but our parents can give you life advice that we can't" I moved my head to look at him.

"What has happened to you?" I asked with a little laugh. He rose an eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean?"

"You've gone soft" I laughed as I sat up.

"No I just think it's best for you to talk to them" I smiled at him before standing up.

"Thanks Lawley" I said with a smirk.

"Get out" he commanded even though I knew he wasn't mad. I walked to the door and was about out of the room when Lee said my name. I turned to look at him.

"It's okay not to be strong all the time" he said and I gave him a small smile before walking to my room.

I needed to take a minutes for myself and I knew the twins were okay with Marcus and Declan for a little bit.

I closed the door behind me and went and sat on my bed. Ever since Grayson had left my room was painful. Grayson still had clothes in it and it still smelled like him.

I spotted a picture on my vanity and went and grabbed before sitting back down on my bed.

It was a picture of Grayson and I with the twins when they were only a few months old. My mom took it because we couldn't exactly afford professional pictures but I absolutely loved it.