16. The truth pt. 1

School was dragging on, it felt like every class lasted for hours.

The bell rang for lunch, which I was grateful for.

"Hey L" Declan greeted when I got to my locker.

"Hey Leah" Marcus greeted almost at the same time.

I let out a laugh as the boys looked at each other.

"Do you both just wait for me? Is that all your day consists of?" I said since they are always at my locker before me.

After I grabbed my lunch I closed my locker and started walking towards the lunch room with Declan and Marcus hot on my tail.

"No sometimes we sleep in class" Marcus said and I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face.

"No Grayson today?" I asked Marcus as we sat down at our usual table. Marcus immediately rolled his eyes and a frown came on his face.

"No he's too busy with his bitch" Marcus said.

I felt bad for Marcus, Grayson was just cutting everyone off because of this one stupid girl and Marcus didn't deserve that.

"I'm sorry" I told him sincerely.

"Okay! Let's get off this topic Grayson is not going to ruin our day!" Declan exclaimed.

"So what do you want to talk about then?" I asked Declan.

"Let's talk about which one of us you're taking to prom!" Declan said with a little smile towards Marcus. Marcus was giving Declan a death glare.

I glanced between the two of them in confusion before speaking.

"I don't think I'm going to go to prom this year" Marcus immediately turned to me.

"What? You've never missed a school dance. You can't miss your first prom" Marcus said and I just shook my head.

"It's just that I've gone to every dance with Grayson and not to have him by my side for this one would just make me upset especially because this is his senior prom" just then I looked to see Grayson walking into the cafeteria with Kelly on his arm.

"Hey, he's not worth it" Marcus said as he put his hand on top of mine.

I looked up when I saw Grayson coming over to the table, thankfully Kelly was not with him, she had went and gotten in line for lunch.

Grayson looked at me and Marcus' hands before looking up at both of us.

I couldn't place the look that was on his face, it was sadness with a hint of anger but he also looked concerned.

"Marcus come sit with me and Kelly" Grayson directed and Marcus looked at me before looking back at Grayson.

"I'm good, I'll catch up with you later" Marcus said and Grayson rose an eyebrow but didn't say anything before walking away.

I pulled my hand away from Marcus'.

"I don't want to be the reason you two fight" I said before getting up and walking out of the cafeteria and into the courtyard.

I went and sat under the tree I usually sat by when I wasn't in a good mood.

I was scrolling through my phone when a shadow covered me and I instantly knew who it was.

"What do you want Grayson?" I asked without looking up.

"For you to not try and get with my best friend" he stated and my head snapped up to look at him.

"Your "best friend" wow could have fooled me" Grayson rose an eyebrow at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"I don't want to have this conversation here" I said as I looked around because a few people were starting to stare.

"Fine then let's go somewhere" he said as he grabbed my arm but pulled out of his grasp.

"I'm not a puppet, you do not get to just yank me around whenever you feel like it" I said and he rolled my eyes.

"Oh please, I've never done anything to you so stop being so dramatic and let's go" he said as he went to grab for my arm again but I moved back.

"Grayson please stop" I said as I looked around to see even more people looking at us including Declan and Marcus.

"Leah can I just fucking talk to you? Like for god sakes! I didn't mean to grab you or anything but we need to talk" Grayson said angrily.

"Fine let's go" I said in defeat.

We did need to talk and every time we'd tried talking someone stepped in the way so it needed to happen at some point.

I followed Grayson to his car and we both got in. He started the car and backed out of the parking spot and began driving.

He drove for about fifteen minutes before we reached the spot that I knew he was taking me to.

It was a little wooded area just off the beaten path of the main road. It looked like a forest straight out of a Disney movie.

It was the place where we had many firsts. Our first kiss, the first time we slept together and the first and only time we got caught by the cops having sex.

Grayson parked and turned the car off. Neither of us moved or spoke a word we just stared out the window.

"Why'd you bring me here?" I finally asked.

"It's our spot why wouldn't I bring you here" he said and I pursed my lips.

"This place holds so many good memories I don't want to ruin it with this" I said and he turned to look at me so I turned to look at him.

"It's not gonna be ruined by anything" he said then immediately pulled me into a kiss.

It took me a second to realize what was happening but when I did I pulled out of his grip.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You can't date Marcus" my mouth dropped.

"You don't get a say in who I date" I stated.

"Why? Why do you have to date at all? Why don't you just focus on school and the twins?" He asked angrily.

"Why does it matter to you? I'm allowed to do whatever I want. I will not stay single and hang around and wait until you're finished with your 'options'. I deserve to live my life..." he once again cut me off with a kiss.

I immediately pulled away.

"Stop kissing me!" I said loudly.

"Kelly's blackmailing me that's why I'm dating her" Grayson suddenly blurted out.

I looked at him in shock and confusion.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked and he let out a breathe of air.

"She's blackmailing me" he said again.

"Yeah I got that, but what is she blackmailing you with?" I asked.

He looked down at his hands and then out the window and then back down to his hands. He was stalling.

"Grayson just say it!" I practically yelled.

"I cheated on you!" He blurted out.
~
I cannot apologize enough for the long wait!!! I'm so sorry!

I went through a really bad breakup right after Christmas so I was really down and didn't want to do a lot and then school started so I really haven't even thought of writing but I'm back now!!!

I love you all and thanks for sticking with me!!!