Epilogue

Zayn's Pov:

I never thought I could properly make something of my life. I'm not saying that I thought I'd be worthless and unemployable, I guess I just figured I'd work in a supermarket scanning shopping or filling shelves. I didn't have any real plans, No true ambitions, Then Niall came along. Niall challenged me. Niall matched me in ways nobody else had before. The sarcasm, The attitued. He could fire a comeback straight back without even taking a second to think. Niall was never meant to become one of the most important people in my life. We interacted for a dare, A stupid dare that in the end changed my life for the better. I got to know Niall. I got to see the person buried underneath. I fell inlove with that person. I made mistakes but Niall saw past them, He gave me a chance even after he learned about the dare, Ever since he gave me that second chance, Neither of us have looked back.

University came around before either of us were ready for it. Niall and I didn't see eachother as much as we would have liked. We took different classes, Niall studied music and I studied art. University was hard. The classes were difficult and the work took up all the time I had. I began worrying I wouldn't be able to handle it. I was crumbling under the pressure of meeting deadlines and I didn't think I'd get through the course, Niall was as he always is, My strength. He kept me motivated. He kept me focused. He made me believe I could do it and just by his faith, I stuck it out. We watched eachother graduate and took the piss out of eachother, Those robes and that hat were ridiculous. After university Niall went forward with music and I went forward with my art.

Five years. Niall and I have been together for five years and our relationship's strength grows everyday. I inhaled deeply as I examined the work plastered all over the walls. I should have done that different. That colour shouldn't be there. They don't mix together, I looked at my art picking out all the flaws I saw. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and the familiar scent of Armani.

"I'm so proud of you" Niall's familiar irish accent whispered in my ear, I smiled, I always smiled when he was around.

"I don't know" I mumbled, Niall turned me around.

"What's wrong with it?" Niall asked.

"The colours aren't right. I should have added more detail in that section" I pointed. "I'd change everything and just keep the frame" I said, Niall rolled his eyes.

"You know you sound just like an artist" He pointed out, I raised my eyebrow in confusion, Niall chuckled. "True artists always find error with the work they do. Author's want to change sections of a book. Singers wish they sang that certain line differently. Artist's want to scrap everything and start again.Wanna know the best part about being a artist?" Niall questioned.

"No but you'll tell me anyway so go ahead" I replied, Niall chuckled.

"The best part about being an artist is as you grow so does your work. You make mistakes so you learn from them. You don't like this piece of work so the next one you do you'll make better. With every piece of work you do you'll get better" Niall explained, I sighed.

"I don't know" I mumbled, Niall kissed me.

"I do. Because I know what you can do. I know all the talent you have just bubbling away inside your head" Niall said, I smiled at him.

"Why can you see what I can't?" I asked, Niall smiled brightly.

"Because what you see as a flaw, I see as perfection" Niall replied.

"You should write a book of quotes you know that?" Niall laughed happily.

"Nah. I'll stick to music and leave you to the creative art shit. No matter how much you judge your own work I'll always love it. I'm proud of you Zayn and I love you" Niall stated, I kissed his lips.