1

Chapter 1:

The First Day Of Senior Year

        ˝Kat! Hurry up and get down here!˝ shouted Aunt Mellisa from the kitchen.

       Packing up the last of my stuff, I threw on my favourite rip-jean cap on and swung my hoversack over my shoulders. Then I walk down the stairs to Aunt Mellisa.

       ˝Hey Aunt Mel, what are you cooking? Gosh, it smells delicious!˝ I asked, sniffing the air wildly as I sat down at the table.

       She didn't bother saying anything back, but instead grabbed a plate and lay whatever it was on it, serving it to me. When I saw the plate of stacked pancakes with butter and maple syrup, a squeal shot out of my mouth immediately and I jumped up to tackle her.

       Squeezing her in a tight hug, I squealed once more, ˝Thank you so much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!˝

       She laughed, ˝Your welcome, honey. Now eat up, you can't be late for your First Day.˝

      ˝Thanks Aunt Mel,˝ I shoved the glorious stuff into my mouth, the syrup dripping off my chin as I swallowed the awesomeness.

       When I finished stuffing myself, I put on some grey converse, waved goodbye to Aunt Mellisa and started walking to school.

      And because dancing was my passion(singing is too and I was much better at it that dancing), I kind of danced the way there even though to me it was horrible. Modern, Street, Hip Hop, Break, Ballet, Salsa, Lyrical, Classical. I did lots of dances, you name it and I'd show it to you. But beware that it isn't a pretty sight to be seen.

       What I hated the most, though, was when I was in the middle of a dance or song and somebody interrupts. Regardless who the person was. Just like now:

        Ring, ring!

        I grumbled and hit the answer button, a scowl displaying on my face, growling, ˝Who is this?˝

        ˝Whoa sugar, who lit the fuse to your tampon?˝ Elliot chuckled at the end of the line.

         Letting out a bitter laugh, I growled, ˝Somebody who had to call just when I'm dancing.˝

        ˝Hmm... And who might that be?˝ he asked, playing dumb.

        ˝This boy named Elliot James Benson,˝ I spat.

      ˝Who also happens to be your boyfriend that called to tell you he can't make it to our date today as he has some family matters that's coming up,˝ he added.

      ˝Oh,˝ I pouted.

      Lately, he had been turning me down when I offered him rides back home and giving me last minute calls saying he couldn't make it to our dates. Something was fishy and I knew it, but I also trusted him, so I kept quiet.

       ˝It's alright, we can arrange for another one,˝ I smiled forcefully at no one in particular.

        He replied, ˝Thanks, I knew you'd understand. Bye, I love you!˝

         ˝I love you too...˝ I whispered, but as soon as the line goes dead, I added, ˝But it's just a friend loving another friend.˝

         I ended the phone call and thought about those three empty words he said to me, pondering the thought of why he had lied to me.

      Eventually, I just shrugged it off and continued to dance my way to school.

       At the gates, I met up with my friends. In true fact, I actually had a lot of friends. Everyone was my friend at school because I was their queen. You'd think I would have been the bitchy kind of Queen, but I was not.