16

Word Count: 4539

Hey baes I finally managed to publish this shitty chapter yAAAAAAAS it took me so long cause I've been having writer's block since Sept 😭😭 but I'll continue to update as much as I can!!! Love y'all so much for staying with me 💜❤💜❤💜❤

Also, go check out my new fanfic Bias Wrecker :) don't worry I won't delete this book under all circumstances! K I gtg now, bye!

Love,
Jacee 😚😚

Chapter 16:

Please wake up...

1 week later

The sun rays might have as well been golden arrows tipped with fire as they blinded me the moment I heard the curtains being pulled back.

          ˝Wake up, sweetie. It's Uncle Gary's birthday and they're having a gathering at the park.˝

          Turning to the side and pushing my face into the pillow to hide from the sun, I muttered, ˝Mum I'm— I'm tired. Can I please skip it today? The present's on the couch.˝

          My mother sighed and parted her lips in attempt to speak again, but I cut her off, ˝Please.˝

          It was all too much. Everything was just to hard to take in so quickly. My mother that died with my father in the car crash that killed my yet-to-be-born brother was not my biological mother but my biological aunt. The baby brother that I never had was my biological-brother-slash-cousin. My aunt was my biological mother. And Chase was in a coma because I wasn't there for him three years ago when he needed me.

          Then, as my mother left the room, I sat up on my bed and saw that I had two new notifications from Instagram.

[8.12am] b3rniceeeee just posted.

[8.11am] c_v_n_95 just posted.

          Unlocking my phone and clicking into the social platform app, I was met with two different photos of my cousins laughing and having fun together. All of them were in the photos, whether or not it was just part of their faces. Every one of them was at the park, but me.

          ˝Am I drifting from them again?˝ I asked myself in a whisper as tears slipped out of my sockets.

          Why was I such a mess? Why couldn't I be the perfect imperfect teenager like the rest of my cousins were and once were? Why did I have to be so different? I sighed at my own negative thoughts and threw myself back on the bed.

          It wasn't long till I heard the front door open and close. Fear swept over me in a huge wave as the thought of me being alone in that now empty household, overwhelmed by phrases of disgust I tell myself dawned on me. I scrambled to my feet and quickly packed everything into one of my bags before rushing out to my bike.

          I hummed the tune of Treat You Better in my head as I crossed my left leg over my bike seat and kick started the engine. I didn't have a single clue of where to go, so I let my instincts take me to wherever my heart truly wanted to be.