Chapter 1

"Alex! Alex, where are you?" Andy yells throughout the apartment. Does he not see the bathroom light on?

"I'm in here, Andy. I'm shaving," I call back, irritated.

"You've been in there for a half an hour!" he comes closer to the door.

"Sorry. I'm almost done!" I say. 

"Well I'm making grilled cheese and tomato soup. We can talk over lunch."

That makes my stomach turn a little bit. I swallow a little bit.

"Why?" I ask a little bit nervous.

"It's not bad, if that's what you're wondering," Andy clarifies. 

"Okay. I'll be out in a few." I rinse off my legs and put a black and white striped short skirt and a black, long-sleeved top on. I put in my black lightning bolt earrings and comb through my thick, black hair. I walk out to the kitchen and Andy is flipping a grilled cheese sandwich. 

"You wanna set the table for me?" he suggests.

"Sure," I say reluctantly. I grab two plates out of the cupboard and put them on our small table. "What silverware do we need?" I ask.

"You can just grab knives and spoons," he shrugs.

I set both of them on the table and put my elbows on the counter, expecting Andy to have me do something else. 

"What's with the outfit? Going anywhere?"

"Can't a girl look nice without having everyone assume they're going on a date?" I sigh.

"I take that as a no, then."

"No, but I'm going to the mall today."

"To do what?"

"What do you think I'm gonna do? I'm gonna shop, Andy. Why are you so interested in my life all of a sudden?"

"I know the last time you went to the mall, you spent the night at a police station."

"Andy, can we just let that go?" 

"Alex, you've been banned from the mall for six months and it's been two."

"Are you kidding me?" I yell. This is the first time I've heard this! How could Andy or the officers not tell me?

"You're lucky you were still seventeen. Otherwise, you would've gone to jail," Andy points out. 

"I know.."

"You never ask me for money, even though I would've gladly given you some to go to the mall a couple times a month."

"Are you serious?"

"Yea. You help out around the house. So why not?"

I don't answer. I just stand at the counter for a minute, until Andy puts the food on the table. Then, I go sit with him silently. I take a bite of the sandwich, and it's just as good as Andy always makes it. I don't know what his secret is, but everything he makes is always delicious. 

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask, breaking the ice that I seem to have created.

"Oh!" Andy says, remembering. "Black Veil Brides is going to go on tour again in a few months. We have a whole European tour, then we'll be going to Australia for a few shows, then we'll be going home for a few weeks and then going on a US and Canada tour."

"Fun," I say.

"And you're coming with us."

"What?" I look at him, shocked. "You know I don't like tour life."

"Well, the guys and I decided it would be best that you come with to stay out of trouble. Plus, you've always said you wanted to go to Australia."

I stare at my lap for a minute. "How long will we be gone?"

"Well the European and Australian tours will take about 4 months," he starts. I cringe at the long time away from home. "And then the US and Canadian tour will take about 3 months. After that, we'll go home." 

I sigh. "Okay. I guess I can handle that."

"And while we're gone, all day and all night you can do whatever you want. Don't steal or do drugs, and be back to the bus by 11. Sound a little more bearable?" he asks, trying to make it better.

"Sure, I guess. I'm still a little nervous and wary about being the only girl in a bus of five guys," I admit.

"Fair enough. But do we have a deal?" 

"Yes."

"Good. And when we get back, you'll be able to go to the mall."