Chapter 15

My eyes flutter open, and Ashley is the only other person in the room with me. I look at him and don't say anything, waiting for him to notice that I'm awake. 

"Ash," I whisper. He looks up at me and smiles. He gets up from his chair and comes to hold the hand that doesn't have an IV sticking out of it. He kisses my forehead.

"Hi," he says. "You're still in the hospital."

"I see that," I raise an eyebrow at him. He laughs and looks at my IV. "Have you heard anything about the baby?"

"It lived," he says, joy in his voice. 

"Yay," I smile. I was worried about that through my continuous flow of tears and vomiting of yesterday. "Is Andy here?"

"I'll call him if you want," Ashley offers. 

"Sure. I think we need to have a word," I say quietly. 

Ashley leaves the room and I'm alone for a moment. 

"I'm sorry," I whisper to the baby. "I hope you're okay."

"I see you're awake," Andy says quietly, slowly coming into the room. He's nervous. 

"Hi," I say just above a whisper. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm the one that should be sorry. I said some things I didn't mean, and I shouldn't have. I love you very much, and I do support you and Ashley being together. It's just hard to take in," he explains. "It's difficult watching the girl you basically raised fall in love with the bassist in your band."

"I understand. I just wish you were a little more supportive," I tell him. 

"I'll try," he says, hugging me. 

Ashley comes back into the room with a soda for me. I open it and drink half of it before breathing. He laughs.

"When are we going back on the road?" I ask.

"Today if you prove yourself to be stable. If you can't, you'll be transported to LA and stay in a psych unit," he says.

I nod worriedly. A doctor comes in and smiles at me.

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

"Could be better. But I'm getting there," I smile.

"Well I have some bad news for you. Your baby is alive, but the amount of medication you took may have harmed it. I want you to rest for the remainder of your pregnancy. I also want to keep you safe, so we are bringing you to Los Angeles to stay in a psych unit while you're on bed rest."

I look at Ashley, who sits back in his chair with disappointment. "Is there another option?"

"I'm afraid not. Unless you want to bring her back to California and keep a close eye on her. But I imagine you have work to do," the doctor says.

Ashley nods slowly. I tell the doctor to get the transport ready. He leaves the room.

"It'll be alright," I tell Andy and Ashley. "Go finish your tour and when you get back, we'll have a baby."

Ashley smiles and holds my hand. "I'll try to call you every day. I promise."

"Ash," Andy clears his throat. "We should probably get going. We have a show tonight."

They say their goodbyes and I become alone in the room.

The next day

I've been checked into a hospital. I have been ordered to stay in the bed all day unless I need to go to the bathroom. Meals will be brought to me. I can make two phone calls every day.

"Alex, I'm Lainey. I'll be your nurse during the day. Anna will be your nurse at night. We're here to supervise you and get you anything if you need something, okay?" a woman greets me. I nod and try to smile.

These next few months are gonna be long.

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in months. I honestly didn't have any motivation to write. I'm back, and I'm going to try to continue this book. Vote, comment, and share with your friends!