Chapter 4

After I've taken my bath and ate a sandwich, I go sit on the couch with Andy.

"What did Ashley do that made you decide you wanted to get out of bed?" he asks. 

I shrug. "I guess he was just patient with me."

"Sorry I couldn't have helped," Andy mutters with a sigh.

"Don't be so bitter. He just... understood. And you didn't. I'm sorry Andy, but there was nothing you could do this time," I say defensively.

"Okay, okay. I just don't understand. But.. just forget it. Let's just forget any of this ever happened," he says.

"Okay," I say quietly. Why is he so upset about this? Yes, he's basically my brother, but he's acting all weird. 

"What do you want for dinner?" Andy asks as naturally as possible, changing the subject. 

"Do you want to order pizza?" I ask.

"Sure. What kind?"

"Want to get the meat lover's?" I smile, knowing it's my favorite.

"That sounds good. I'll have them put extra bacon on it," he smiles back. 

"Everybody loves bacon!" I cheer.

"Except vegans!"

"Except vegans," I say, laughing.

"I'm glad to see you being you again," Andy says proudly. 

"I'm glad to be me again," I say. 

I don't know if I'm fully over Bentley, but I'm sure getting close. Ashley's right. If I loved him that much, I can only imagine how much I'll love the person I'm going to marry. I wonder if Ashley will ever find his. He's had many girlfriends, but they're never the one. He deserves someone amazing. I'm sure that's who he'll find. I decide to call him, to see if he wants to hang out. Besides when I just seen him today, I haven't seen him in months. I take out my phone to call him.

"Hey Alex," he picks up on the second ring. 

"Hey," I say.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Wanna hang out today? I haven't really seen you in a few months."

"Yea, I've been busy. Sorry about that. I'm actually having a party tonight if you want to come," he suggests.

"Sure, that sounds like fun," I say.

"It starts at about 9, so that's when you should be here," Ashley says.

"Sounds good," I say. "What should I wear?"

"Something pretty. And come ready to get wasted," he says, getting a little excited.

"Okay, sounds good. I could use a good time tonight," I say, smiling. 

"And don't worry about anything happening with anyone. I'm gonna protect you from the guys who don't take no for an answer," he says convincingly. 

"Thanks. I'll see you at 9," I say.

"See you there," he says, and he hangs up the phone. I run into my bedroom and rip open the closet. 

There are dresses of every shape, material, length, and color everywhere. I decide on a black dress that's mostly long but has some longer, lacy parts. I settle with a pair of ankle boots with it. I'm ready for this. I do some winged eyeliner with a deep purple lipstick. I'm feeling confident. 

Nothing could possibly ruin tonight. 

A/N: I am so sorry this chapter is so short. It has just been difficult to write this chapter because it's a bit of a filler. I promise the next will be longer.