Chapter 3

"Alex, are you gonna get up?" Andy tries to shake me awake. The sunlight is bleeding through my blinds and my eyes burn from crying all night. 

"No," I say flatly, not meeting his eyes. 

"If you're not gonna get up for me, I'm gonna have one of the guys get you up. It's not healthy to be in your bed for three days straight. You have barely eaten anything and to be completely honest, you need a fucking shower," Andy crosses his arms.

"Fight me," I mutter.

"I'm calling CC," he says, walking out of the room. I don't move, just try to go back to sleep.

When it seems like I've just fallen asleep I feel a body crash on top of me. It's obviously CC.

"CC, what the fuck?" I whine.

"Come on. Let's go see a movie or something to get you out of the house," he suggests.

"I know Andy called you over here," I say.

"Come on, Alex! I heard there's a new horror film out."

"I can find it on my computer."

"You still need a shower. I'll help you if you can't stand on your own yet."

"I'm sorry CC but I don't feel that way about you. I'm not showering with you. Go to your own house."

"UGH, NO ALEX! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!" 

"That's what you implied."

"I'm done," he shouts, dramatically walking out of the room. After I hear a door shut, it's silent. I just stare at my wall, expecting someone else to come barging into my room. Sure enough, minutes later come Jake and Jinxx together.

"You guys can go home, I'm not getting out of bed," I say to them.

"Andy said we can use physical force if needed," Jinxx says.

"Andy can suck a dick," I say, pulling the covers back over my head.

"I heard that!" I hear Andy say outside the room.

"Please don't make me pick you up," Jake pleads.

"I'm not moving," I say. Jake comes over to me, picks me up by the legs, blankets and all. Before he can drag me very far, I try to take off his sandals, making him drop me. I slither back to the bed and Jake disappears. Jinxx comes over and starts dragging me out by my hair.

"Ow, Jinxx! Let go!" I screech.

"Get out of bed!" Jinxx yells. 

"Let go of my hair or you'll be paying for extensions!" Jinxx lets go of my hair and I flop back onto my bed. 

"I tried," he says to Andy, shrugging while leaving the room.

I smile to myself. I expect that Andy's gonna call Ashley now, but if anyone else can't get me out of bed, I highly doubt that Ashley will be able to. Sure enough, he comes strolling in within minutes. Instead of being brutal or trying to trick me into getting out of bed, he just sits at the foot of my bed.

"I know how it feels," he says softly. "It's okay, you can talk to me."

"I don't know if I'm up for it," I say with all the strength I can muster without crying.  

"Okay. Want me to leave me alone?" Ashley asks.

This catches me by surprise. Nobody has asked me what I wanted yet. I realize that I'm really empty and lonely. 

"Stay," I say. 

"Okay." he says. "I'm gonna get you some water. You must be dehydrated from all that crying."

Why does he care about me so much all of a sudden?  Ashley comes back with a water bottle and I sit up, wiping my eyes. I take the water bottle and open it. Not realizing how thirsty I am, I drink half the bottle before putting it down. 

"I loved him so much," I whisper. 

"I know. But if the wrong one makes you feel that great, just imagine how great you'll feel with the right one," Ashley says.

"How will I know?" I ask, looking at him.

"I'm not sure. I still haven't found the right one," he shrugs. 

"Thanks for coming to sit with me," I say.

"No problem," he smiles.

"Aren't you gonna try to get me out of bed?"

"You will when you're ready."

"I think I'm ready now," I say, scooting to the edge, putting my feet on the floor.

"Want help getting up?" he asks.

"Sure." Ashley takes my hand and helps me to my feet, making sure I keep my balance. I slowly walk out of the room and see Andy in the living room, watching TV.

"Good morning, sunshine," Andy jokes.

"Morning," I say flatly. "I'm gonna go take a hot bath. I don't know if I can stand long enough for a shower yet."

"Whatever works for you," Andy shrugs. "As long as you don't smell like shit anymore."

I turn around to Ashley, who is standing behind me, ready to catch me if I were to fall. "Thank you again," I say.

"You're welcome," he says, pulling me into a hug, not caring what I smell like. I hug him back, taking in his warm embrace. 

As soon as he leaves, I grab some clothes and get into the bathroom, ready to begin living again.