Chapter 2

"Hey Andy?" I ask at dinner.

"Yea?"

"Can I have some money for new clothes before tour starts?" 

He raises his eyebrows at me. "Don't you have enough clothes?"

"Andy, I'm practically going around the world. People have seen me on your social media. Don't I have to look good for them, too?" I point out.

"I guess if you really want some. I'll give you $200. That's it. Got it?" he makes a deal with me.

"Thank you so much!" I jump up and hug him. 

Andy's been like a brother to me all my life. He's actually my cousin, and when my mother and father said that I was too "needy" for them and that they didn't want to take care of me anymore, Andy's family stepped in so I didn't go to foster care. Andy and I shared a room all those years and then when he turned 18, we got an apartment. He took me with him and he watched me grow up all through junior high and high school. After that, we just grew on each other so much that he did anything to make sure I didn't move out. 

"You wanna sell merch or just do your own thing?" he asks. "I'll pay you if you do merch."

"Nah, that's fine. I'm gonna just do my own thing. Thank you, though," I say, smiling. I think I'm gonna just hang out and make sure the fans stay under control.

Andy catches me staring out into space. "Is Alex still there?" he laughs.

"Yea, I'm still here, just thinking about tour," I shrug with a smile. 

"Are you suddenly excited?" he asks.

"Yea, it's been awhile since I've been on tour with you and the guys. It'll be cool to see the world again," I say. "Plus, I don't get to see the guys much anymore."

"Yea, we're always gone or doing our own thing when we're home. Ashley has a party now and then, but you've never gone," Andy shrugs, wanting me to give an explanation.

"Ashley's always too drunk at his parties and he hits on every girl there. I just don't want anything strange to happen," I say. Ashley is a good friend of mine, but I don't like to see him drunk, it just makes me nervous. "When do we leave?" I ask, changing the subject.

"We'll be leaving to get on the plane for the UK in a week. Then, we have a couple days to get settled before we play our first show in London. From there, we'll just go around to different countries and then go to Australia two days early. We'll get settled, spend a month there, and then fly back to Los Angeles, where we start our US tour."

"Okay, sounds good," I nod. "I'm gonna spend the night with Bentley tonight. Just to say goodbye."

Bentley is my boyfriend. He's 21, and we've been together since I was 17. Andy hated him at first, and now I think the two men just tolerate each other. 

"Be back by noon," Andy reluctantly mutters. 

"Of course," I nod. I've finished eating, so I take my plate to the sink and then head off to my room to back some things for overnight. I pack some clothes for tomorrow, some hair stuff, and an extra hoodie. I slip on some high heels and grab my car keys. 

"Bye, Andy. Love ya," I smile, waving goodbye. We always tell each other we love each other, because we never know if it'll be the last time. Life is unpredictable.

"Love you too. Be safe," he looks behind me as I walk past him. 

"Of course," I say to him. I get into my car and begin driving to Bentley's house. He's sitting out on his porch when I get there. 

"Hey, babe," I say, smiling.

"Hey Alex. Can I talk to you about something?" he asks, putting his hands into his pockets.

"Sure. What's up?" I say a little nervously. I don't do well with these kind of situations.

"I think we need to break up.." he says quietly.

"What? Why?" I ask, shocked and quite honestly, hurt.

"That guy you live with.. it's weird for me. I don't want to have to worry about you cheating on me or anything.."

"Andy's basically a brother to me! He and I are nothing more than that, nor will we ever be!" I explain.

"I'm sorry, Alex." He walks away into his house, leaving me shocked and frozen in his driveway. I fight back tears as I get back into my car. I pull out and pull over on the next road to call Andy.

"Hello?" Andy answers on the fourth ring.

"Andy, Bentley broke up with me!" I say, letting the tears flow out. 

"I'm so sorry Alex. So you're coming home, I assume."

"Yea, I'll be there as soon as my eyes are dry enough to see."

"I'll be here. Drive safe," he says, saying goodbye.

"I will. See you soon," I say, hanging up the phone. 

I sit on the side of the road, bawling. After letting tears flow for a good two minutes, I wipe them away and start the car. I begin driving the half-mile to the apartment. I turn on the radio, but all that's on is sad songs, so I just drive in silence. When I get home, Andy is waiting at the front door, and I run into his embrace, crying. I shake until my knees give out and I fall onto the concrete steps. Andy, being the big brother that he is, picks me up and brings me into my room. He lays me on my bed and quietly walks out, closing the door. 

All I want to do is sleep right now. I want to sleep and never wake up....

I close my eyes and let myself sink into a sad, deep sleep.