Chapter 16

Ashley's POV

I got the call that Alex was in labor about 5 hours ago. We were just about to play a show in New York. I still played, but I didn't stay back for signing. I got a cab to take me to the airport, and booked the next flight to LA. I keep trying to call the hospital, but they keep telling me the same thing: There is no baby, but there should be one soon.

"Flight 9432 to Nashville, now boarding," a flight attendant says. That's where my layover is. I board with the rest of the economy class and a teenage girl sits next to me.

"Aren't you in Black Veil Brides?" she asks.

"Yes, I am," I smile.

"Aren't you supposed to be on tour?"

"Um, yes.. But my girlfriend is having a baby," I say.

"Oh, congratulations! I hope you get back in time!" she smiles.

I thank her and then she puts her ear buds in and I put in mine. I try to fall asleep on the plane, but I just can't stop thinking about Alex. I want her to have the baby now, so she won't be in pain any longer, but I also don't want to miss it.

Fast forward to Los Angeles

I rush off of the plane and get a cab to take me to the hospital. It's about 10 AM, and Alex has been in labor for about 15 hours as far as I know.

"I'm here to see Alexia Francis," I say to the receptionist.

"Name, please?" she asks.

"Ashley Purdy," I say.

She hands me a name tag and directs me to where Alex's room is. I love as fast as I can in a hospital. Alex's room is quiet. I walk in and I see her sleeping. Her stomach is small again.

"Babe," I say quietly, shaking her awake.

"Ash!" she says excitedly. I give her a hug. "I had the baby already."

"I figured. I got here as fast as I could," I say.  "Where's the baby?"

"He's in the nursery. I'll ask the nurse to go get him." It's a boy!

"What's his name?" I ask after she's finished talking to the nurse.

"You really think I would name him without you?" she laughs.

I smile. The nurse comes in with a baby boy, and I take him from her. He's got Alex's eyes. He looks a lot like me, though. Alex smiles at me as I hold him. I'm finally a dad. I honestly never thought this would happen.

"What do you want to name him?" I ask Alex.

"I want him to have your name as his middle name. You can pick the first name."

I look at him for a minute. Dozens of names run through my head. Ethan. Ethan Ashley Purdy.

"Ethan," I say. Alex smiles.

"Ethan it is."

There it is! That's the end! Let me know if you enjoyed this book. Vote, comment, share with your friends.

What else would you like to see from me? A sequel? Got a book idea for me?