Chapter 12

I've went out and bought maternity clothes of every size, packed my regular clothes, and everything I'm gonna need for tour. I'm really excited to see Ashley again. I know it's only been like three days. I don't care. 

I bought a train ticket, scheduled to arrive an hour after Black Veil Brides gets to San Francisco. My big suitcase barely meets the weight limit requirement of 50 pounds. I sit next to an old lady. She looks very friendly, and I figure since we're gonna be on a train for three hours, I might as well strike up a conversation. 

"Hello," I smile. "I'm Alex."

"Nice to meet you, Alex. I'm Susanna. What brings you traveling?" she says.

"I'm going to see my boyfriend. We're going to travel the country together," I say, trying to be romantic. 

"Oh, how fun! I bet you're really excited."

"I am. What about you?" I ask.

"I'm going to a family reunion. Sounds fun, huh?" she laughs.

"I guess it beats sitting at home," I shrug. 

"I guess it can. It depends on what's going on at home. Tell me about your boyfriend. How long have you been together?" she asks.

"We've been together about two months," I say. As soon as it comes out of my mouth, it sounds terrible. "I've known him for years, though. He's on tour with his band, so I'm going to join them." 

"That sounds fun. Separation anxiety gets the best of us sometimes," she says, patting my leg. "I don't blame you for wanting to go with him."

"And I think it would be fun to see the country," I point out.

"What band does he play in? What does he do?"

"He plays in a rock band called Black Veil Brides. He plays bass," I say proudly. "His name is Ashley."

"I'll have to look them up sometime," she says, interested. I swallow a lump in my throat nervously. 

We sit in relative quiet for the rest of the ride. I put my earbuds in and start playing Enter Sandman by Metallica. 

Say your prayers, little one
Don't forget, my son
To include everyone

Tuck you in, warm within
Keep you free from sin
Till the Sandman he comes

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit: light
Enter: night
Take my hand
We're off to never never land

Something's wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of Snow White

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
Dreams of dragon's fire
And of things that will bite

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit: light
Enter: night
Take my hand
We're off to never never land

Now I lay me down to sleep
Pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I die before I wake
Pray the Lord my soul to take

Hush little baby, don't say a word
And never mind that noise you heard
It's just the beasts under your bed
In your closet, in your head

Exit: light
Enter: night
Grain of sand

Exit: light
Enter: night
Take my hand
We're off to never never land

It's one of my favorite songs. It's one of the most iconic songs, but I love it. 

About two hours of listening to different songs and looking out the window, we've arrived. I get out my phone and call CC.

"You here?" he asks as he picks up.

"I just got here. Where can I meet you?" I ask.

"Take a cab to The Independent. It's the venue we're at right now. I'll get security to let you back here. I'm keeping quiet to Ash until you get here," he says, his voice getting lower so nobody hears him.

"Got it. I'll see you soon," I say, hanging up the phone. I call a cab from a small company and he takes me directly to the venue, taking some back roads so it's faster. I pay the man and walk to the back. I text CC. I'm here. 

Be there in a minute. He texts back quickly. Sure enough, he comes through the door and whispers for me to be quiet. 

We make our way through a series of doors before I see the one labeled Dressing Room. CC knocks on the door and opens it. 

"Ashley, I got someone for you here," he calls. 

"Who? I'm not in the mood to interview right now," I hear Ashley say. 

"No, just come out and see," CC says. I hear footsteps coming to the doorway and I smile. Ashley looks up and his face lights up.

"Babe!" he says, hugging me. "What are you doing here?"

"I can't be alone this long. I set up everything at home already. I figured it's best that I have someone take care of me," I shrug. "I would miss you too much."

"I missed you already! Do you want something to do on tour or do you want to just hang out?" he asks.

"I can sell merch if you guys need," I offer. Andy comes to the door.

"What the fuck are you doing here? How did you get here?" he demands. "Why aren't you at home?"

"Surprise?" I smile.

"Surprise is right. I'm guessing you're here for Ashley," he raises an eyebrow.

"How did you know?"

"Lucky guess."

"Well if you're gonna be here, at least do something productive. Go sell merch."

"That was my plan."

"Good. Stay out of trouble," he points an irritated finger at me.

"I'm pregnant, Andy. How much trouble could I possibly get into?" I retort.

"Fair enough." He walks away, leaving Ashley, CC, and I alone.

"So," CC says awkwardly. "I'll leave you two to your...couple stuff, I guess."

"Thanks for planning this," Ashley smiles at him.

"No problem. You both would have gone crazy."

"That's probably true," I admit. CC leaves us alone at the doorway, and Ashley kisses me as soon as he's out of sight.

"I'm glad you're here. I was actually getting worried about how you were doing," he says.

"Really? It's been less than a week," I say, surprised.

"I know. That's no excuse not to miss my baby."

I blush at the word "baby" and smile. "Aww."

"Come on. Let's get your stuff on the bus and you can set up the merch while I get ready with the guys," he suggests.

"Okay," I nod.

"I love you, Alex," he whispers in my ear as we begin to walk outside.

"I love you too," I whisper back. 

A/N

Sorry it took so long to produce such a crappy chapter. I've had a lot happen lately. I quit my job and then I had writer's block, so yea. I'll try to keep updating on a regular basis, but I'm making no promises.