Show me how to lie, you're getting better all the time

Gerard's shaking, looking over his shoulder every five seconds, and balling his sweater paws over his fists. Lyn-z can tell he's never done anything like this before.

He sits criss-cross-apple-sauce against her side from where they crouch in the corner, shrouded in darkness.

The doors to his father's office are big and thick wood, a key code over one of the handles to ensure privacy.

Lyn-z pats Gerard on the head, looking down to the scribbled Bob B- on the inside of her hand, half of the last name smudged and unreadable.

Loud voices are heard from inside the office, a meeting being held between the three high ranking families inside. The darkness of the corridor the two teens are hiding in hide them poorly, but Lyn-z is counting on speed and not concealment here.

"Th-they should be done in a minuet." Gerard whispers, looking at the clock above the office doors dreadfully.

"Okay," Lyn-z whispers, turning to the shaking boy. "You're father is going to show everyone out of the pack house, giving us roughly two and a half minuets to get in there, grab his folder, and run. You guard the door, okay?"

Gerard shakes his head quickly, gripping onto
Lyn-z's skirt in a weak attempt to stop her. But the voices get louder and soon the big double doors are opening.

A small group of around eight people file out, not paying mind as they walk down the opposite side to Gerard down the hall. Mr. Way backs the group, talking to Lyn-z's mother. He lets the door fall closed slowly behind him, a mistake.

His moment of distraction doesn't help the teen through, and Gerard feels his companion's skirt slip out of his fingers before he has the change to react. 

"Keep watch!" She whispers, letting the thick doors click shut soundlessly.

                                         *

Gerard's hidden himself deep in the closet of his 'bedroom', clutching the tan folder to his chest. The small dark empty room doesn't do much and it would be no help in hiding him if someone was to come in, but it gives the teen a false sense of security.

The contents of the manila folder clutched to his chest hasn't seen the light of day since his father last opened it. Gerard's scared his father would notice its absence and come tracking him down.

There's a knock at the door, six rhythmic rings that loosen the tense in Gerard's shoulders.

Lyn-z opens the door and slips inside, jumping up to grasp the chain string attached to the light fixture on the ceiling and pulling it down with her. She sits down, the yellow light making her lipstick look funny.

"Let's see now." She murmurs, grasping the folder from where it's clutched to Gerard's chest. She drops it in front of her and gets comfortable leaning against the door.

Gerard reaches out from the small ball he's rolled himself into, flipping the front cover of the folder open. He's met with a picture almost the size of the folder, blue eyes staring out.

"Is that our guy?" Lyn-z asks. Gerard shrugs in response. She nods, shifting through the papers before picking another up. "Bob Bryar. Age: nineteen. Sex: male. Status: trial to lone."

Gerard nods when Lyn-z looks at him expectedly. He smiles hesitantly, leaning over the picture and trying to memorize the face.