• Chapter 2 •

We were sitting at the dinner table with the whole family. Including my dog who was lying on my feet. My sisters were talking about what they did at school today and I was happy to stay out of the subject once again.

"So Alexandra, did you get the tickets your sister asked for?" My dad asked me interupting everyone else.

"Yea I did, they had to take an adult with them so I ordered 3 tickets. I'm probably going to have to work that evening but then I can join them for the rest of the show after the first few songs. I'll make sure that it's okay they stand 'without a parent' in the beginning." I explained to them before taking a fork full of mashed patatoes.

"Wait, you need to work that day? So that means you get to meet them and see them before and after the show?" Megan asked me looking at me wide eyed.

"Yes, if I do need to work it means exactly that and some other things." I replied, knowing exactly what question was coming next

"You need to take me with you, that would be so freaking cool. I could meet them and then they would fall in-"

"Megan, I can't and you know that. You already asked me with a lot of people before but you know that I can't do that." I stated. I've told her that a million times but she doesn't seems to get it.

"Just pleaseeeeee, I would do anything for you if you would help me get backstage after the show." She made a small pout at me and showed me her 'puppy eyes' she was pretty damn good at that.

"I'll see what I can do but it probably won't work out."

As she was happy with that answer she left me alone for the rest of the meal. And so did the 3 other people at the table. I was their older, unwanted daughter. Megan was 15 and Sara 12. They never wanted to have me because my mom was 18 at that time. Now they're stuck with their almost 20 year old daughter and they don't seem to show much interest in what I do.

I don't mind though, I like being on my own and not being asked too many questions.

I was cleaning up the table after dinner while Sara and Megan went upstairs to their room, probably to fangirl about that band. Sara is a big fan aswell but my parents didn't want her to go yet as she was 'too young' in their eyes.

"Alexandra, can we talk please?" My mom all of a sudden said when she looked up from her phone.

"Yea sure" I replied. My back was facing them and I was still doing the dishes.

"Can you sit down at the table please." My dad asked in a very serious tone

I sat down at the table, a bit nervous as we never really had serious talks.

"We wanted to discuss our living situation." My mom started, pretty nervous herself.

"We want you to move out." My dad said straight forward looking me in the eyes. "Now that Megan is 15 and Sara 12 it's getting hard for them living in one room. This house is getting too small for 3 adults and 2 teenagers."

"Wait, so you're seriously asking me to move out because the house is too small for the 5 of us?!" I said a bit more harsh than I wanted. "I've been living here my entire life, I've been here longer than them but I have to move out right? Because I was never wanted in this family anyway."

That was dumb to say.

"Enough!" My dad said before I could spill out anything more. "You're turning 20 in a few months and you have a good paid job. I think it's time to go live on your own."

"We can help you find a place and help with buying it" my mom said trying her best to sound caring.

"Okay." I said not wanting to say or hear anything else anymore. I stood up and walked out of the kitchen and went to my room. Locking the door behind me, I really didn't want to see them again tonight.

I took my phone out of my pocket and saw I got a few new texts from Luke the traveller. I think that will be his permanent name.

Luke the traveller: HIIIII
Luke the traveller: Are you thereeeee?
Luke the traveller: oh shit you're ignoring me. What did I do?
Luke the traveller: ALEX
Luke the traveller: ALEXANDRA

I laughed a little when I read his texts and then started typing a reply

Me: Hi Luke the traveller, I'm still alive and you did nothing wrong don't worry. Some people just aren't allowed phones during dinner.

Luke the traveller: why am I luke the traveller. I'm confused.
Luke the traveller: are you like 10? Why wouldn't you be allowed to use your phone during dinner.

Me: because you travel the world and I know more people that are named Luke so this was the easiest way to know which Luke it was. As I don't know your last name.
Me: and I'm not 10, just parents that hate me.

Luke the traveller: well, I like it. Luke the traveller.
Luke the traveller: I'm sure they don't hate you.

Me: after dinner they asked me to move out because my sisters didn't have enough space anymore in their room so they needed mine. I was never wanted and an accident since the beginning and it always stayed like that.

Luke the traveller: holy shit.

Me: that's exactly what I thought when they told me.

Luke the traveller: they can't just do that can they?

Me: I'm turning 20 in a few months and I have a job, there's no reason why I can't live on my own.

Luke the traveller: To be honest, I think you're better off without them.