• Chapter 9 •

Before I knew it, I started to lean in. And so did he.

As soon as I realised what I was doing I turned my head away. Realising I was about to make a huge mistake.

Lesson number one I got when I started working here: 'never get involved with an artist. Never start a relationship with them.'

Well aren't I a great listener

"I'm sorry." I said after a moment of silence. "I am willing to be your friend, even if you leave. I believe we can make this friendship work. But I don't think we should add the 'or more'. But friends, right?" I looked back up to meet his beautiful clear eyes and gave him a half smile. Getting a sad smile in return.

"Friends." He replied pulling me closer to him to give me a hug. I returned the gesture and wrapped my arms around his chest. Placing my head against it.

He did give great hugs.

When he let go off me I looked up at him and gave him a big smile. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead and then looked back at me.

"Do you want to come hang out tomorrow at our place?" He asked giving me a big warm smile

"I have to work untill 4pm, but after that I'm free."

"Sounds good."

"Guys we want to close the building, can you get ready to leave?" One of the security guards asked us from the other side of the hallway.

"We will, I've got my keys so I can lock the parking behind me." I smiled over at the guard and looked up at Luke. "Let's go back."

We walked back inside, this time not holding hands. When I looked around the room I saw Megan sitting on the couch between calum and Ashton, showing them something on her phone.

"The lovebirds are finally back!" Ashton shouted when he noticed us.

"Very funny Ashton, but we do have to go home Megan. And so do you guys as I have to lock the door behind you." I looked around to find Michael who was passed out on the couch at the other side.

"We do need to take a group picture." Calum said with a big smile "you can't leave without one."

"That would be cool, then I atleast would not think that this was one big dream." Megan said looking very happy

Richard, their very very bored guard stood up from his place and gestured us all to go stand together for the photo.

Megan took a place between Calum and Ashton, Michael stood next to Ashton and I placed myself between Luke and Michael.

We all smiled for the photo and tried not to get blinded by the flash light.

"Luke." Richard shortly said. I felt Luke's body turn next to me and him tightening my grip on me.

He took another picture and then handed me my phone back.

"Thank you" I told him before gesturing the boys that we did have to leave.

Luke had wrapped his arm around my shoulder when we walked over to the last 2 cars in the parking space.

We were all laughing at something stupid Michael had said when we reached the cars.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Luke wishpered to me and kissed the side of my head before saying goodbye to Megan and getting into the car

We all said our goodbyes and waited untill their car was out of sight before starting my own car.

"Please don't ever wake me up again if this is a dream." Megan said staring at me

"It's not a dream." I gave her a small smile and drove out of the parking. Stopping my car once we were outside to lock the gates again.

"So, how are you and Luke doing?" She asked once I sat back down in the car.

"We're good I think."

"You have my approval to start dating him. Because that would mean celebrating your birthday with the band and that would be amazing. And just see my idols a lot." I laughed a little before she went on about how amazing her day has been and how much she loved hanging out with them and she just couldn't stop talking.

We arrived home after a few minutes. (Megan hasn't stopped talking yet)

We both sat down in the couch in silence.

"You want to talk about what happened with Luke? 'Cause you don't look very happy." She softly said looking at me

"I think Luke wants more than a friendship, but I don't. He wanted to talk with me to make sure I knew he would be gone for a long time again in a few months. That's when I realised there could never be an us. I'm not good at relationships, let stand long distance and knowing he could have any girl in the world." I sighed softly "I do want him to be my friend and I really really like talking with him. I just don't think I could handle it if there would ever be something more than just friends."

"I look up to you for being able to stand up for yourself. I could never do what you did. I mean like, you are living the dream of so many girls, including mine. So many girls would die to be in your place and throw themself at them. But the fact you can stay so realistic about this all and really think it through is something amazing." She looked at me a small smile placed on her lips. "Even if I would love it if you would date him, I agree that you shouldn't."

"Let's just hope for the best. You want to watch some of the pictures? I finished them this morning so if you want you can take a look before I send them."

"I'd love that." I took my laptop and opened the map with pictures from the concert. Giving it to her so she could look through them.

I stood up from the couch and made my way to the bathroom, changing into something more comfortable.

I know I will have to keep reminding myself that Luke and I can never be anything more than friends.