• Chapter 20 •

"If you keep acting like you are now, you're absolutly going to loose me." I stated

"Just please let me explain." He sighed and sat down on his bed. I sat down next to him. "Before all of this crazyness started I had a great friend,  I was almost always with him. He was like my brother. But what I never noticed was that he was very depressed. 2 month after I left on the first tour I got the message that he had tried to kill himself. He ended up in the hospital but didn't make it. I never realised it. I'm just so scared to loose you aswell. I hadn't noticed a single thing about it before the beach day, and I hate myself for that."

"Luke, like I told you before. I am getting better. I am nowhere close to ending things at the moment because I learned that the pain I would leave if I left, is much worse then the pain I have right now." I said after a while. Leaving both of us in silence. Thinking about the words of the other one.

"I am going to accept the offer." I said looking down "it's a great opportunity for me."

We both sat there in silence again, neither of us knowing what to say.

"I'm falling for you." He finally said letting out a deep breath.

"I'm not." I simply said, I know it was pretty rude but it's sort of the truth. "we can be friends again if you stop running away from every single problem. This is the second time you decide to just ignore me for a few days, I can't deal with the fact not knowing if you will ignore me again when I tell or show you something personal. I need you to promise me to stay and not run away. If you can't, then this is the end. I'll still accept the offer but then it all stays stricly professional. This is all up to you Luke. You either promise me you'll stay or leave me alone."

"I'm sorry" he said looking at me "I don't know if I can do friends."

"If you can't, this is over. Just please don't call or text me again." I said standing up and making my way out of his house. I was on the verge of tears but I couldn't let him know that. He didn't follow me and that was great. I closed their front door and walked to my car. I looked at the clock and it was getting really late. I drove home and sat in my car for a while. I was still trying to realise that my friendship with Luke was over.

And it was a horrible feeling.

~~

It has been 2 weeks since I talked with Luke, and he listened to what I said. I haven't gotten a single text from him and I was very glad about that.

Today I'm going on a meeting with their management and 'meet' the boys. Little did they know the history I have with one of them.

I parked in the huge parking lot and made my way to the main entrance, trying my best to remember the names of the people I was about to meet.

"I'm Alexandra Joy, I'm here for a meeting with mr Thompson and his team." I said to the receptionist, she lifted her head up from her laptop screen looking at me without saying a word.

"You need to sign this, write your name down and then take a badge. It's on the first floor on the left, his name is written on the door." She said before looking back at her screen. I did what I was told and made my way to the stairs. When I reached the door I heard the oh so familiar voice of Luke at the end of the hallway. Talking with his bandmates.

I knocked on the door and was answered a few seconds later.

"You must be miss Joy, we are very glad you were willing to meet us." He said with a big smile and held out his hand for me to shake. I gave him a smile back and shook his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, but you can just call me Alex." I said while shaking his hand

"Alex." He said as if he was making a note to himself. "I will introduce you to our tour team first, then we can talk about the offer we made you." He said and I nodded. We went over to the round table placed in the middle of the room and both sat down between the other people, some of them I recognised from when they played at the arena. Everyone had introduced themself but I already forgot more then half of the names. Oops.

"I think it's best if we go to my office to discuss the contract." He said looking at me.

"Yes ofcourse." I smiled and we both stood up, going to the smaller room on the opposite of the hallway.

"So this is the contract, you can just read it on your own if you want to and come back tomorrow or the day after. In both this contract and the one you will sign at your current job it says that you have all rights to get your job back after the tour. Steve is a great friend of mine, half of my staff has worked in the arena before coming here. We do expect that you to do a few other jobs next to the photographing, like the introduction at soundcheck, help during the concert and help with the merch sale. But nothing you haven't done in the past, you are free almost every day untill 3-4pm to do whatever you want, we do expect that you are able to show us the pictures as soon as possible, so you can use the free time for that or do personal photoshoots as I know you do that aswell. We're not very strict but expect everyone to follow the simple rules. We're more like a big family on tour."

"I will read the contract when I get home and give you a call as soon as I'm finished. But so far, I'm looking forward to the tour." I said with a smile. I was saying the truth. I really did look forward to it.

"Let's go meet the band" He said as he stood up from his desk. "I think you've met them before but I haven't told them we had a meeting today."

"I have, they are all amazing guys."

"Let's go suprise them." He said laughing a little. We walked out of his office and to the end of the hallway where I heard a guitar playing. We walked inside and to our suprise it was only Ashton sitting there.

"Alex!" He shouted when he noticed us coming in. "What are you doing here?" He came up to us and gave me a quick hug.

"I came to pick up a contract to tour with you." I simply said, a big smile on my face.

"So that was the suprise you had for us today!" He said excited to his boss."It would be so cool if you'd join us."

"This was indeed the suprise, Alex is a great photographer and I heard how much you all loved her pictures, and her." He said with a smile on his face

"Can she join us for rehearsals today? Luke's and Michael's girlfriends are coming aswell so it would be cool if she came aswell. She could be my guest." He said. When the words hit me I felt my heart break in a million pieces. 2 weeks after he told me he was falling for me he had a girlfriend. Right after the words left Ashton's mouth I heard multiple footsteps coming inside.

I turned around to see Luke, Calum and Michael.

"Yea ofcourse, if Luke's and Michael's girlfriends are coming I don't see why she can't." Was said beside me, but all I could focus on was Luke.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: I know Luke has been a real asshole the past few chapters but he will become nicer, I swear haha
I just didn't want it to be one big love story that's all cliche and sappy so that's why

The story has hit 2.8k so we're extremly close to 3k 😅😱😱 I still can't really believe it's getting so many reads so fast.
Thanks for all the comments, votes and reads!