Awkward Evenings

I knocked on the Goodman's door. Mum and I came tonight because her and Aunty Jackie needed to gang up on Uncle Martin. Apparently they had a fight about Kate Middleton popping up in his dream. Adam opened the door.

"Hi Aunty Val, hey Pest"

"Alright Pusface"

"Hi Adam. Where's Mum?" Mum greeted warmly.

"In her bedroom"

"And your father" Mum changed her tone from warm to cold just like that.

"In the shed" Adam shut the door.

"Good" Mum muttered before walking upstairs.

"Do you know what's going on with your parents?" I asked. Adam shrugged.

"Something personal again" he replied apathetically.

"Something sexual again" I commented. He groaned.

"Ugh. It's worse hearing it from you than it is Dad" he complained.

"Hey Pissface!" I saw Jonny in the kitchen.

"Alright Pest" he was cooking, facing away.

"You're going to love this" Adam whispered to me.

"Why are you cooking?" I walked over to the stove. It was soup.

"I..happen to enjoy cooking" he still hadn't looked at me.

"Bullshit" I laughed.

"Jonny, show us that lovely face if yours" Adam teased. What's going on?

"Piss off Pusface" Jonny glared at him, I noticed his hair was longer and covering his eyes. I reached to see what he was hiding but he swatted me away. I reached again and he swatted me away.

"What the hell is going on?" I was getting irritable.

"Nothing, I just don't like fingers in my face" Jonny still wouldn't look at me.

"Battle stations" I told Adam. That was our code for attack the other person. Adam, although short and stocky, is very versatile. I jumped onto Jonny and Adam piled on me to make Jonny fall.

"Ugh, get off!" I pinned one arm while straddling Jonny and making sure he couldn't move while Adam got up and pinned the other arm. "You guys are crazy! Mum!" Jonny yelled. His arms were above his head, Adam was kneeling on them. I brushed Jonny's hair out of his face and oh my goodness.

"Holy shit what have you done?" I was shocked to see what had happened to his eyebrows. One was missing and the other was a bunch of dots. After the shock settled I started laughing. He got free and pushed Adam and I away.

"Shut up! I fell asleep at a mates party last night" he frowned.

"Pissface. This is the greatest fashion statement I've ever seen" I stopped laughing and began to take deep breaths.

"It'll grow back...right?" He asked. I shrugged.

"It might not grow back in the same direction" I was serious even though my fave was red from laughter.

"Shitting hell" he complained and rearranged his hair.

"Have your parents seen it?" I asked.

"They're too busy with their stupid fight to notice" Jonny replied, "what is it about anyway?" He asked.

"Why do you guys always ask me about your family's problems?" I questioned. Jonny shrugged.

"You somehow know everything" Adam answered.