The Sun and Moon

"That's seriously what you chose?" I ask Harry, when he pulls his hair back to reveal a sun tattoo behind his ear.

"Yeah," he grins, "are you going to ask me why?"

I laugh. "Why?"

"Because you're my sun."

"Well then, you're going to hate it that I got the moon tattooed on me. In the same place." I pull back my blue hair (which I'm still in love with) to reveal a crescent moon. 

"Why'd you get that?" Harry asks me, like he genuinely doesn't know.

"Because you're my moon."

"What does that mean?"

I don't want to explain it here, in the middle of the tattoo parlor, so I gesture to outside. "Can we go get a..." 

"Coffee?" Harry winks at me. He is always talking about coffee, but I've never had some. 

"Yeah, that." I nod. Harry agrees so he drives me to the nearest coffee shop. 

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks. What can I get you?" A barista in a green hat asks me. 

"Uhh..." I scan the menu on top, but I don't recognize any of the names. Luckily, Harry seems to know what he's doing. 

"I'd like a hazelnut latte." Harry turns back to me and sees my eyes wide open, desperately looking for some drink to look familiar. "He'll have the same thing." We pay for our drinks and go sit down. 

"So, the moon?" Harry asks. 

"Thanks." I tell him at the same time. Harry shrugs and falls silent, so I know that I have to explain myself now. "You're the sun, and I'm your moon. I steal your light and sometimes people mistake it for my own. But then, every morning, I give it back to you and go away for a while, letting you have the light."

"I would die for you. That's what I do. You don't steal the light from me, I give it to you. Because I want to. Because I love you."

My heart skips a beat. "I reflect what you think."

"You have your own thoughts and your own voice."

"But-"

"No buts. You are you and that's why I love you."

"How can you love someone as messed up as me?"

"That's the best thing, I think. That you're messed up. I'm the glue that is fixing the world you're breaking. It's why I'm here. With you. Right now."

"Right now is all that matters." I tell him with a soft smile. Harry's eyes pierce through me and make my heart melt. 

"Potter?" The barista calls out. 

"That's us." Harry keeps looking at me. I squeeze his hand. 

"That's you. I'm Malfoy, remember?"

"Right." But there's a little voice inside of me that says Malfoy is going to change soon.

And there's a small part of me that wants the name change soon.

Like, really soon. 

I'm thinking all of this as I see Harry turn back with our two lattes. He hands one to me and sips out of the other. "Good, right?" he asks. I cautiously take a sip of mine, and nod back to him. I grab his free hand and we sip our lattes in silence.

As we're getting up to leave, I lean over and whisper. "I'd give you the sun, moon, and stars if I could."

"I know you would. But you already have." Harry tells me. "I see them all in your eyes."