Will You?

"I can't do this," I shout at Hermione for the last time. 

"Yes, you can!" She hands me back the box. "He's waiting. Go!" I take the box nervously and shake my head. 

My voice drops to a whisper, "But what if he says no?"

"What if he says yes?" Hermione argues back. 

"Good argument." Ron mutters from the corner. 

"Shut up." Hermione nods to him. Ron looks back at the paper in his hands. 

"Fine, I'm leaving." I stalk out of the room to meet Draco. He's waiting for me outside, full of questions. 

"Where are we going? What are we doing?" 

"Calm down," I tell him, laughing, my heart hammering inside my chest. I can't, I can't, I can't.

I must

"Actually, Draco, I have a question before we leave." 

"Yeah?" Draco turns to me. I get down on one knee. 

Draco's hands fly up to his face, covering his glittering eyes. "No!" 

"Will you-"

"Yes."

I laugh and finish my question. "Marry me?"

Draco laughs the most wonderful, musical laugh I've ever heard. "Yes!" 

I slip the ring onto his pale finger and don't let go of his hand. Draco brings his free hand up to my face and pulls me in for a kiss.

"I had orginally planned to go stargazing tonight...but what do you say we just skip that and find a preacher instead?" I'm only half-kidding.

"I think Hermione," Draco points up to my dorm room window, where I can vaguely see Hermione's bushy hair, before it ducks out of sight, "would be very disappointed."

"Fine," I grumble. Then I smile again and take his hand. "I would wait forever if I could wait with you."

"Well I can't!" Draco grins. "We had better be getting married soon."

"We will be." I promise, leading him off into the night to look at the stars. 

And that was a promise I was determined to keep.