Chapter 2: The Dinner

🍒 Angela 🍒

I did a happy dance when I brought the groceries home, seeing the guests haven't arrived. My mom didn't scold me as well for being late, which was a good thing. But, it all went to drain when I asked mom that why have the guests not arrived?

"Sweetheart, they don't arrive until seven, go get refreshed and ready," my mom informed me before taking the groceries to the kitchen.

WHAT? My mouth dropped.

So I ran at the speed of light, just for this? To hear that all my efforts were in vain? I closed my eyes, trying to control the burning anger in my chest. Why? Why me, God? Was it something I did? Or are you just having fun watching an innocent little girl like me, struggle?

My shoulders hunched as I marched silently to my room, thinking of the tragedy that had just happened with me.

Huffing, I sat on my bed to clear my head.

Thinking back to the whole event, I realized, if I knew that beforehand, maybe I wouldn't have bumped into the stranger. Instantly, a bright smile lit my face. I do have to admit, he was a hot stranger.

But, as soon as the thought hit my mind, I shrugged it off. I couldn't get involved with a guy. All they bring along with them is trouble. Not like I can't tackle them if I need to but, I still resort to staying away from them.

Blake taught me that.

Shaking my head off the thoughts, I got up to take a shower and went to the kitchen to see what my mom was upto. My eyes lit up when I saw that she was cooking steak with her special sesame red sauce. And let me tell you it's the best, I've ever tasted.

"Mom, I'm hungry!" I'm pretty sure you can see the hearts instead of my eyes right now, just like those cartoon characters who see the things they like.

"Just wait for another 40 minutes, sweetheart,"

I groaned, "Alright, where's dad?"

"He is still at work, he's been quite busy with the patients now-a-days," she explained, as she flipped the delicious looking chicken. I would never be a vegetarian. I love meat. At that instant, my stomach growled and my mom laughed. Humf. What is there to laugh? I haven't eaten anything since lunch.

Half an hour later, I was ready. I had already taken a shower, so, I just changed into my dress--which my dear mother had ordered me to wear, stating it a necessity-- because I have to look decent (I mean what is wrong with a shirt and trousers), since dad's friend, who is a businessman, is coming with his family. I never knew dad had a businessman friend.

Hence, now, I was wearing a nice sea-green high low dress. It had a same sea green belt on the waist and was strapless with a sweetheart neckline. The upper part was covered with lace and made of chiffon. All in all, it was beautiful. I did minimum make up. I put on the eye liner and mascara and put on a lip gloss since I don't like lipsticks that much, I usually prefer glosses or chapsticks.

I put on a light shade of blush but that's it. I'm ready. I put on my black strappy heels and walked down. There were still 10 minutes left.

The doorbell rang.

"Mom, I'll check!"

"Alright, honey!"

I opened the door to see my dad. I greeted him and took his bag from his hand. I kissed his cheek when he was in. Dad also kissed me on my forehead and then asked me about mom. I told him that she was in the kitchen and he went there, doing God knows what.